Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Abandon ware sites?  (Read 1791 times)

Description:

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
Re: Abandon ware sites?
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 28, 2004, 01:54:01 PM »
Uhm....how about putting a small comment in place when a posting is removed.......:-?

(Or even half a thread at that).

Offline SilvrDrgn

• Show only replies by SilvrDrgn
    • http://mikerye.homeip.net
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2004, 02:03:30 PM »
@ Paul_Gadd,
Personally, I agree with Zadoc.

However, with the holiday weekend coming up and people usually being very busy because of it, maybe that thread simply slipped through the cracks.  Regardless of how it remained in existence, there were some questionable posts in there.  Since I don't have the time to hand-moderate every one of the posts, I whacked the entire thread.  Like it or lump it!!

The moderators and administrators of this site are not gods.  We simply cannot see every single thread or message that gets posted.  Sometimes we need help.  Guess what ... that help is up to and comes from the site users!!  If you don't like it or the way things are done here on the site, you are free to leave!  However, why don't you stick around and kindly point out something to us that is questionable against the posting guidelines and rules of this site rather than {bleep}ing and whining about it.  End of discussion.

EDIT: I am not locking this thread (YET!) with the hopes that civilized discussion can/will continue.  If it gets out of hand, the thread will be locked.
Michael

Offline MAD

• Show only replies by MAD
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2004, 02:35:40 PM »
Hoya!

@Paul_Gadd

Bad example mate! This thread is more a joke than something else...

Be funky

M A D

PS: BTTR's addy is www.back2roots.org
:afro: AMIGA :afro:
- The Computer With A Soul-

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2004, 02:37:27 PM »
Paul,

With regards to this issue, and to be perfectly frank, we don't give a damn how you feel about "censorship" or "piracy".  We have openly and privately asked you time and time again to refrain from promoting software piracy on this site.

This is not open for discussion, and if you want to continue arguing this unwinnable fight, you'll find yourself needing to do it on another Web site.  We cannot put it any more simply than that.  This is NOT censorship, this is simply a reinforcing statement regarding publicly posted policies.  If you do not like our posted policies, we'd hate for you to have to suffer through being here.

Discussion of software piracy is a very clear cut and dry violation of Amiga.org's POSTED LEGAL POLICIES and violators will be banned.  End of flippin story.  Get it?

The original poster here asked a question.  Innocently I might add.  Innocent questions are not the same as openly promoting piracy which you have done time and time again.

The AmigaOS4 on Kazaa thread (which should have been killed, but slipped through the cracks) was nothing.  Even the poster admitted that what was on Kazaa was NOT OS4, but a copy of the Harry Potter movie.  Subsequent searches by other Amiga people have determined that OS4 is not on Kazaa and would be useless to everyone except A1 owners, (who legally get a copy anyway) even if it was.

While we usually enjoy your contributions to the conversation in these forums, you have been given too many warnings over the past year or so to allow this to continue one more time.  As such, my advice is to just sit back, stop arguing a point you cannot win, and let it go before we are forced to take an action that we do not want to.