Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Source of reliable Joysticks....?  (Read 694 times)

Description:

Offline Rob72Topic starter

• Show only replies by Rob72
Source of reliable Joysticks....?
« on: January 21, 2004, 08:55:19 PM »
I'm not sure whether, during the few years I haven't used my Amiga, I have developed Hurculean strength...or more likely, become extremely clumsy and ham-fisted.....but I have been breaking joysticks left,right and centre this last month or so.

Can anyone recommend any decent joysticks from reliable sellers?

My preference would be a multi-coloured Cruiser joystick (or 6  :-) ) ... but the only reseller, in the UK, seems to be http://www.amiga-games.co.uk (aka Home-Arcade on Ebay)...and the last I heard..they were not too reliable (If anyone has any recent dealings with them...let me know...)

I have tried Competition Pro/Zip-Stick...and they play merry havok with my arthritic hands ( and at the tender age of 31...  :-( ). Even my old Sensi-Soccer boots...the Cheetah Bug has betrayed me...the death count is at 3 this month...

Can anyone recommend...1. A decent Joystick, and 2. A reliable seller of said Joystick?

Thanks.

Offline Tenacious

• Show only replies by Tenacious
Re: Source of reliable Joysticks....?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 09:35:51 PM »
Hi Rob72

Did you read the recent posts concerning Genesis joy pads?  In their stock config, the B button serves as the fire button. Swapping two wires in the pad enables two fire buttons for most programs and ADoom (the docs include the instructions for the mod) utilizes all of the buttons.  Cool!  The thread is about a month old.

Offline Rob72Topic starter

• Show only replies by Rob72
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 09:54:29 PM »
Can't say I am a huge fan of joypads..but if I cannot find a decent 'stick...it will be another avenue to explore...

Thanks.

Offline haymiggan

• Show only replies by haymiggan
    • http://www.amiga.dk
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 10:25:05 PM »
Using the Megadrive/Genesis to PSX converter you can use any PSX joysticks, if they even make joysticks nowadays for PSX.

The mentioned adaptor can be purchased on www.tototek.com and both PSX1/2 pads with analog + 2 buttons works perfect in all games.

If not, check on ebay, there's a few good Wico Command joysticks on there now & then.
BPPC 210/060, 256MB, ZIV + Mediator ZIV, Spider II, Voodoo 3, Terratech 512i, MAS Player PRO, Pixelview TV Pro, X-Surf II, Kickflash OS4, VARIO, SilverSurfer, Fast ATA ZIV, Int.SD/FF, Seagate Barracuda V 60GB, 12x CD/RW, 52X CD/R, Punchillos III, PSX-A...

Offline Lemonty

• Show only replies by Lemonty
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 10:37:41 PM »
Seek out the "The Arcade" joysticks on rummage sales etc. They were made in Holland (hehe) and they ruled okay because they are virtually unbreakable.
Respect My Authority!