Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: apple great desing  (Read 10498 times)

Description:

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
Re: apple great desing
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2012, 11:52:36 PM »
Quote from: hbarcellos;708521
A guy was saying that a non-smartphone is enough... Right, just like an old guy from the 80s saying that Amiga was bull**** and a typing machine was enough.

A non-smartphone is enough for me. I don't even take the phone I have anywhere (except to work, and only so I can call them if I get delayed on my way there), I only have it so I can make calls from home when I have to.

Old fashioned? No, I just don't care about having a mini tablet computer with phone functionality built in.

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2012, 06:32:05 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;708282
Glad somebody mentioned that.
Apple designers are SO original.
Get off it.
This is the company that sued the Beatles (even though the Beatles logo predated the start of their company).

Apple's intent is about market control, not competition or intellectual property rights.
In this regard they should be seriously chastisied.

So how about those bastids Microsoft? Surely the worst thing to happen to computers since 1994 when Commodore went belly up. Rip M$ to shreds into tiny companies. 360 consoles, Kinect division, MS Office division, MS Games studios, OS development division and force each to run on it's own ISOLATED profits not from the profits for that putrid sh1t Windows which got an illegal monopoly and the limp wristed courts did not punish them enough for.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2012, 08:09:46 AM »
Sorry to break it to you guys but i am seriously comtemplating buying an iphone5 next week when they come out. My reasons are:

1 - I need a new phone. My Blackberry is about shot. It is 2G internet only (useless for internet), crap reception, broken buttons, cracked screen, annoying design flaws, Etc.

2 - I have decided on either a Samsung Galaxy s3 or an iphone5. Tough one. But i think i am leaning over to the iphone. Here's why:

I'm sick of everybody dissing Apple for everything. Today i watched on Youtube comparisons between the Galaxy 3 and the iphone 4s and then read the comments below. It's all filled with hate comments against Apple. I can't decide who is worse, the Apple fanbhoys or the haters? I think at the moment there are definitely more haters than lovers of Apple. If you ask me it's getting a little tiresome. Mention Apple then the haters come flying in from all directions with abuse at the mere mention of Apple. I dislike Apple as much as any hater but and i am going to get the iphone just to annoy the haters. They are starting to get on my nerves  :rant:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2012, 08:13:49 AM »
Quote from: hbarcellos;708535

This also applies to the haters of Apple. Mention Apple or iphone, whatever, and the haters come running in abusing anything that can be associated with Crapple. My question is who is worse? Apple zealots, or the Apple haters?

:rant:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline orange

• Show only replies by orange
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2012, 10:05:54 AM »
yeah apple dressing salads are great :)
Better sorry than worry.

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2012, 11:18:16 AM »
I'd go with the iPhone 5 personally, Kesa.

I got a S3 recently, and while I do like the thing, I've found the wifi on it to be erratic at best.  Randomly loses authentication and passwords and randomly drops off my wireless networks, and it's not an operator error issue, lol.  I find the Android settings mechanisms on the handset to be overly complex compared to the iPhone.  GPS on my old iPhone was better as well.  Apps selection is pretty comparable, but I find Android "free" apps to be so burdened with crapware and adverts they are often unusable.  I find the iPhone "multitasking" superior to Android as well.
Having the Google ecosystem crammed down my face on the handset is a little unpleasant as well, but so is the iTunes/Apple walled garden ecosystem.

I dislike the TouchWiz UI a great deal.  When I initially got the phone, I liked TouchWiz, but now that I've got used to it I find it infuriating.  Many of the Samsung add ons like S Voice are just absolutely useless, and I thought Siri was flaky.  I'd be far happier with a vanilla ICS or Jellybean install on the phone, there's just too much crapware you can't get rid of with the Samsung UI.  Battery life is terrible as well, but that's more likely to be a LTE/4G wide issue itself.  Chances are I'll be trading this phone in for an iPhone 5 in the near future unless I can get a vanilla Jellybean or even ICS install onto it.

While it's a very nice phone (S3) hardware wise, it is a little cheap feeling and I likely would have dropped it 10 times over if I didn't get a rubberized back bumper case for it.

The Samsung Kies sync software leaves a lot to be desired as well, but there's plenty of gripes with iTunes as well.  Kies uses extortionate amounts of memory.

It's a good phone, but all in all I still think I prefer my old iPhone to this S3, and I'm by no means an Apple loyalist.  Pricewise I could have bought the new iPhone for what I paid for this, and I am beginning to wish I had.  If I had to buy another Android phone I'd likely buy into the vanilla Android Nexus from Google to avoid the TouchWiz/Samsung UI trainwreck.

Being able to replace the battery and add a memory card is a big bonus, though, will never have that option with an iphone.

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2012, 11:49:27 AM »
Man am I happy I don't need nor want a smart phone :)

Offline hbarcellos

• Show only replies by hbarcellos
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2012, 02:21:04 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;708572
Sorry to break it to you guys but i am seriously comtemplating buying an iphone5 next week when they come out. My reasons are:

1 - I need a new phone. My Blackberry is about shot. It is 2G internet only (useless for internet), crap reception, broken buttons, cracked screen, annoying design flaws, Etc.

2 - I have decided on either a Samsung Galaxy s3 or an iphone5. Tough one. But i think i am leaning over to the iphone. Here's why:

I'm sick of everybody dissing Apple for everything. Today i watched on Youtube comparisons between the Galaxy 3 and the iphone 4s and then read the comments below. It's all filled with hate comments against Apple. I can't decide who is worse, the Apple fanbhoys or the haters? I think at the moment there are definitely more haters than lovers of Apple. If you ask me it's getting a little tiresome. Mention Apple then the haters come flying in from all directions with abuse at the mere mention of Apple. I dislike Apple as much as any hater but and i am going to get the iphone just to annoy the haters. They are starting to get on my nerves  :rant:

I would take the iPhone 5 too.
Reason? I love operating systems. I love to try several different flavors: BeOS, QNX, MorphOS, AROS, Bootable Amithlon, Linux (even compiling everything from scratch like Gentoo) and even SymbOS on my MSX Turbo-R.
But for my phone?? I just want something that works, something fast, responsive and easy to use. Android is not even close the iOS on that. Even on a marvelous hardware like the S3  lags behind the 4S or even the iPhone4.
As I said before, maybe new Nokia's would offer a similar experience.

*Not to mention that the tight control on official app distribution + few differences on HW models for developers makes the software base way more stable.
And, to sweeten the pie, as Developers make more money on the iOS, software offer is BETTER...
}~ A1200 - Apollo 68040 - HOTLY running OS 3.1
}~ Powerbook G4 1.67 running MorphOS 3.2 without Wifi.
}~ Powermac Quicksilver 933 with Radeon 9600 XT (r300) LOUDLY running MorphOS 3.2
}~ [MY iOS GAME]: http://goo.gl/S9nWB (Amiga users can get it FREE[/color], just ask me)

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2012, 02:26:29 PM »
You know what, I was a Microsoft Hater in the '80s.  I wouldn't buy a PC, I wouldn't touch M$ stock even though I knew they'd win and be dominant.  Had I not hated M$ with a passion I would have bought a ton of M$ stock and would have retired a decade ago.  Hater's lose, I lost because I was a hater....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline hbarcellos

• Show only replies by hbarcellos
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2012, 02:31:38 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;708573
This also applies to the haters of Apple. Mention Apple or iphone, whatever, and the haters come running in abusing anything that can be associated with Crapple. My question is who is worse? Apple zealots, or the Apple haters?
:rant:

As someone once said: Too far east is already west.
Absolutely no difference. Anything not based on "arguments" or "facts" is just crap coming from people that's lazy enough not to even think on their own opinion or ideas.

In my humble opinion, the only "non conditional love" you're allowed to have is with your offspring.
}~ A1200 - Apollo 68040 - HOTLY running OS 3.1
}~ Powerbook G4 1.67 running MorphOS 3.2 without Wifi.
}~ Powermac Quicksilver 933 with Radeon 9600 XT (r300) LOUDLY running MorphOS 3.2
}~ [MY iOS GAME]: http://goo.gl/S9nWB (Amiga users can get it FREE[/color], just ask me)

Offline TheDaddy

• Show only replies by TheDaddy
    • http://www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2012, 02:43:31 PM »
I can't stand Apple because:

1) They are patronising (what is with those awkward adverts where THE designer explains to you (in his soft voice) what they have done and the difference between 0.5mm and 1mm thickness, "BUY THIS, it's good for you" ah, and their turtlenecks! ARGH!

2) They have this close, elitist mentality which gets on my nerves, the kids and those mad people rushing outside the shops, camping for hours, madness, what a dodgy cult.

3) Only after a lot of noise from users/customers they decided to do "something" towards the working conditions of their factories

4) Steve Jobs...it's been said enough about the man.

5) I use Apple products (imacs etc...) and I have access to an iphone and to be honest they aren't that great, they are good but not great

6) Hype and overpriced

I might do the same with my computer case, going to put a nice, black turtleneck on and price it at £500, there. :)

Oh and I forgot, who spends £500+ for a phone? A phone! :D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 02:49:16 PM by TheDaddy »

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2012, 02:58:05 PM »
Quote from: TheDaddy;708597
I can't stand Apple because:

1) They are patronising (what is with those awkward adverts where THE designer explains to you (in his soft voice) what they have done and the difference between 0.5mm and 1mm thickness, "BUY THIS, it's good for you" ah, and their turtlenecks! ARGH!

2) They have this close, elitist mentality which gets on my nerves, the kids and those mad people rushing outside the shops, camping for hours, madness, what a dodgy cult.

3) Only after a lot of noise from users/customers they decided to do "something" towards the working conditions of their factories

4) Steve Jobs...it's been said enough about the man.

5) I use Apple products (imacs etc...) and I have access to an iphone and to be honest they aren't that great, they are good but not great

6) Hype and overpriced

I might do the same with my computer case, going to put a nice, black turtleneck on and price it at £500, there. :)

Oh and I forgot, who spends £500+ for a phone? A phone! :D

1. Advertising is advertising... At least Apple don't lie (and get caught out!) like Nokia did in their last Advert!

2. Lol!! We are Amiga users and above all that ;)

3. I want to call you out on this one, at least Apple are doing something about working conditions... None of the other tech companies (who all use the same factories) have bothered to do anything!

4. The guy was an a$$hole, but he did what he had to for Apple to survive... Think of how all the other computer companies were destroyed... Commodore, Atari, Sinclair, Acorn, Digital, Sun, the list goes on...

5. A computer is a tool, it's as good as the person using it know how to get the best out of it.

6. Hype, is that another term for Marketing? Overpriced, yes in the PPC days... Now definitely not! :)

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2012, 03:05:22 PM »
@TheDaddy

Yet there are some on this board that will plunk down £1,700 on a desktop that isn't as powerful as the £500 phone.  People will buy what they want to buy.  You don't like iPhones, don't buy iPhones, personally I don't have time for the hate, but whatever floats your boat.

Computers in a keyboard were an idea who's time has come and gone, if you think you can hawk them with a turtleneck, by all means try.  But I won't be queuing for one anytime soon.  

Yes, part of the appeal of Apple is Apple itself, but, even they couldn't sell a keyboard computer in 2013...  There's an element of timeliness in all of Apple's products.  An iPhone 5 in 2023 won't even merit a "meh," but by then they'll be on to something else anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline TheDaddy

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2012, 03:10:31 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;708599
1. Advertising is advertising... At least Apple don't lie (and get caught out!) like Nokia did in their last Advert!

2. Lol!! We are Amiga users and above all that ;)

3. I want to call you out on this one, at least Apple are doing something about working conditions... None of the other tech companies (who all use the same factories) have bothered to do anything!

4. The guy was an a$$hole, but he did what he had to for Apple to survive... Think of how all the other computer companies were destroyed... Commodore, Atari, Sinclair, Acorn, Digital, Sun, the list goes on...

5. A computer is a tool, it's as good as the person using it know how to get the best out of it.

6. Hype, is that another term for Marketing? Overpriced, yes in the PPC days... Now definitely not! :)

1) Creepy, patronising advertising is creepy, patronising advertising. Apple don't lie? Really?  I understand you defending it because you are an Apple user but please Apple has been telling porkies since the '70s, first home computer, first this, first that.

3) They are doing something because they got caught out. Other companies have been implementing better working conditions for years

4) I give you that, SJ did ALL he could to save Apple, ALL he could. Created this aura of sainthood about Apple. Great marketeer though.

6) They are overpriced, all Apple products cost a lot more. It's absurd. Also "Apple people" really believe that they are spending more for the "quality", wow!

Just buy, don't ask why ;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:24:34 PM by TheDaddy »

Offline TheDaddy

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2012, 03:21:49 PM »
Quote from: persia;708601
@TheDaddy

Yet there are some on this board that will plunk down £1,700 on a desktop that isn't as powerful as the £500 phone.  People will buy what they want to buy.  You don't like iPhones, don't buy iPhones, personally I don't have time for the hate, but whatever floats your boat.

Computers in a keyboard were an idea who's time has come and gone, if you think you can hawk them with a turtleneck, by all means try.  But I won't be queuing for one anytime soon.  

Yes, part of the appeal of Apple is Apple itself, but, even they couldn't sell a keyboard computer in 2013...  There's an element of timeliness in all of Apple's products.  An iPhone 5 in 2023 won't even merit a "meh," but by then they'll be on to something else anyway.

See the difference is, these people spend £1700 on a X1000 because they like the idea of using OS4. They love the idea of continuing with Amiga. At the moment OS4 runs on SAMs and X1000 (which is the fastest machine). Had OS4 been available for other machines they would have spent less or even more, depending on the machine.

You're right there, I don't like iphones and anything to do with Apple, I have used the stuff, it leaves me cold. I have little time to dedicate to the Apple piss taking, not as much as I'd like to though :D

Computers in a keyboard were all the rage in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Like Minis were all the rage in the 60s and 70s. You can still buy Minis, although in different clothing and made by BMW.

I'll sell my computer case in a keyboard without a turtleneck, pretty sure I'd get sued by Apple, for stealing "the " image! :)

I am sure Apple could sell turds rolled in expensive glitter and sprayed in Chanel n5 and people would still buy it because there are those people around.

Hopefully they'll be gone by 2023 ;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:56:25 PM by TheDaddy »

Offline kickstartTopic starter

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #74 from previous page: September 18, 2012, 05:56:20 PM »
@bloodline

Apple makes you blind and your opinions arent fair.

@thedaddy

Now apple quality is worse, at least on ppc days machines were better build.
a1200 060