Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: i need everyone to help me in looking for this: audition 4?  (Read 4001 times)

Description:

Offline Pat the Cat

Re: please help me to work out this issue with a gvp controller card?
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 02, 2017, 07:25:25 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;818681
I've heard of a few Amiga users getting 30-40MB/s with some of the ultra-rare and pricey controllers. 5-10 is probably closer to the theoretical limit for the "average joe", and much less for most GVP hardware. OP states that he has "a GVP controller", but no actual details such as the model number or ROM version.

In any case, throughput maximums for GVP hardware are a quantifiable number, all published here:

http://babel.de/amiga.html

Enjoy! :)

Yeah, I'm kind of limited on controller speed. Got a choice of either Squirrel into A1200 or A570 into an A500. They're both kind of "meh". 16 bit access, so I'll be transfer limited at the lower end. Both are vanilla anyway, and need a little attention.

Until I maybe get get a Terriblefile A500 accelerator built, with a working IDE port. That might go faster than either SCSI option, with regard to solid state media. We'll see how that pans out.
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline kenny smithTopic starter

• S.A.C.C.
  • i am in sacc.org
    • Show only replies by kenny smith
Re: i need everyone to help me in looking for this: audition 4?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 07:31:45 AM »
To this person who saw my posting, the hard drive you are talking about is only 1/2" tell or 3/4". It is a scsi 2 hard drive. it is a western digital hard drive 2.1 Gb in size.

Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;818350
Get rid of those clunky old hard drives and get yourself one of these:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1264

Or some other similar CF or SD solution

Also you should be running your drives off your GVP '040 board, they'll run faster that way.  No need to keep the A2091 unless you need it for additional SCSI devices or you have need of 16-bit fast RAM.

With an '040 you can run Workbench 3.1 or 3.9 nicely, you might also look into one of those new open source Zorro II graphics cards or an Indivision ECS (for compatibility with modern monitors).

Plenty of options out there for upgrading your system, just be prepared to spend some time reading and researching, once you've determined exactly what you want to do with the system.

Also, funny thing, my uncle is also named Ken Smith, but he lives in Pennsylvania.  Cheers!  :banana:

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 08:17:38 AM »
Quote from: kenny smith;818688
To this person who saw my posting, the hard drive you are talking about is only 1/2" tell or 3/4". It is a scsi 2 hard drive. it is a western digital hard drive 2.1 Gb in size.

What he's advising you to do is get an extra interface that can plug into the SCSI ribbon cable, alongside your existing hard drives, to mount an SD card into, for use as a drive.

You might need a different SCSI ribbon cable with extra connectors, but it should work fine alongside your existing drives - you can have up to 7 devices on a SCSI bus system, be they drives, or scanners, or even printers. Or even controllers plugged into different computers, if you want a very local, pretty local fast file transfer. The last one is really a stop gap measure, but can sometimes work between Amigas, even if they have different kinds of SCSI controllers.

You don't really need to put memory on the GVP 2091 SCSI controller card (or a Commodore A2091 either) if you are running a 68040 - the system should work best if the 68040 has the memory to it. GVP did do 68040 cards with onboard SCSI, and they go a lot faster than either versions of the A2091. They also did A4000 only accelerators, and their cards can fit most types of Amiga that came with a floppy, one way or another.

How wide is the SCSI cables? 50 connections, sort of a good 2-3 inches across is typical for a cable plugged into into a GVP. Although your drives might be connected to a SCSI controller somehow wired to the 68040, but it doesn't sound like it in your case. Most GVP cards are just SCSI controllers. Some are both SCSI and 68040.

The nice thing about SD cards is, you can copy files to them to backup your hard drives. And you can use them AS hard drives, only they use much less power, so you actually save money from using them compared to hard drives, in the long run.

Now, you can't quite swap them SD cards straight out of a SCSI adaptor. But you should be able to hot plug them in OK, to such a connection.

And if you setup the adaptor right, you can plug different cards into the same place, from outside of the machine. Easier on a big box Amiga. But it can be done.

The really nice thing about SD cards is, you can write protect them, just like floppies.

Pain in the ass to setup in the first place, but worth it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:52:10 AM by Pat the Cat »

Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 08:54:52 AM »
Could a mod merge these 2 threads please?

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71799

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 06:07:20 PM »
@Pat the Cat

done. :)

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline kenny smithTopic starter

• S.A.C.C.
  • i am in sacc.org
    • Show only replies by kenny smith
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2019, 10:02:47 AM »
I do want a copy of this software If any one do have a copy of audition 4 software and you please try to send it to my address that you see here Please
Kenny Smith
10460 EL Mercado Dr apt 67
Rancho Cordova California 95670 USA.
I have a book of the software but i don't have the software. Please do try to help me any one out there on this website.

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2019, 08:00:32 AM »
Hey kenny,
good to hear from you on line again..
I thought we fixed this 2000 issue of the 2091 and gvp 040 card with memory and scsi device.? (at the jan 2018 meeting)

I Remember we pulled the 2091 and made sure the gvp memory was working and gave you the name of the scsi controller.
I also remember we setup the hard drive as the booting drive, and everything was working as we left the meeting.

sorry, I don't have this software
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 08:03:06 AM by SACC-guy »

Offline Lazerus

• Show only replies by Lazerus
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2020, 05:49:52 AM »
Hi Kenny, From Wexford, In Ireland,
I have a 2 disk .adf version of the programme you are looking for. I f you have an email address your prepared to share, I can email them to you?.
Cheers
Lazerus

I do want a copy of this software If any one do have a copy of audition 4 software and you please try to send it to my address that you see here Please
Kenny Smith
10460 EL Mercado Dr apt 67
Rancho Cordova California 95670 USA.
I have a book of the software but i don't have the software. Please do try to help me any one out there on this website.