Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone game?  (Read 4803 times)

Description:

Offline WayneTopic starter

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
Re: Anyone game?
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 13, 2009, 09:28:54 PM »
The arcade has been updated.  

Specifically in the top 10 scores for each game, each member's top score is shown only once.  This means that one person playing the game 100x a day can't take over the top 10 scorer's board all by themselves.

You'll just have to play harder to move up  :)

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline GadgetMaster

• Show only replies by GadgetMaster
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2009, 09:41:50 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;511022

Specifically in the top 10 scores for each game, each member's top score is shown only once.  This means that one person playing the game 100x a day can't take over the top 10 scorer's board all by themselves.

Wayne

Will this affect the current high scores at all? I mean if I score lower than my current highest will it be discarded or will the higher score get overwritten by my latest attempt which was lower?

Offline WayneTopic starter

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2009, 10:22:38 PM »
Quote from: GadgetMaster;511024
Will this affect the current high scores at all? I mean if I score lower than my current highest will it be discarded or will the higher score get overwritten by my latest attempt which was lower?
The highest score is kept, it seems.  The only weirdity I've seen is if a user scores the same exact score more than once, both scores may appear in the top 10.

There was a request, that if two people tie, the higher placed winner is determined by the shortest time playing, but I'm still looking at how that might be accomplished.
//* Signature Free *//

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 10:55:10 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;511022

Wayne

:(

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 11:00:29 PM »
@koaftder

Totally off topic, did you know your username sounds like a type of south asian meatball?

int p; // A

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 11:42:16 AM »
Nobody whack wabbits better dan meeeeeee :hammer:

Offline koaftder

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 11:56:47 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;511041
@koaftder

Totally off topic, did you know your username sounds like a type of south asian meatball?

I am aware of this (: Koft is short for Koaftder. I especially love it when kofta kebabs are on the menu. I'll repeat it over and over again in the restaurant even though my girl friend hates it when I do that.

:laughing:

Offline koaftder

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 11:57:30 AM »
Quote from: X-ray;511173
Nobody whack wabbits better dan meeeeeee :hammer:

I can't get anywhere with that game! Damn rabbits are hard to nail down.

Offline koaftder

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2009, 11:30:25 PM »
/me tips hat to X-ray.

I have been soundly beaten at asteroids, I will continue to try and get my spot back, though the challenge is immense.

Offline X-ray

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2009, 10:26:22 PM »
Railway Line needs to be deleted: I found some bad bugs with that:

1) If the track is changed so that the train goes in a loop, and you press 'fast' then it can steam along for hours chalking up score until you make a change to the track to let the train go home.

2) I layed down a winning track, hit 'fast' and then had to pause to get something. When I finsished the level and died in the next one, I had a huge score: it had been ticking over while the game was paused!

Wayne can you delete that game please? :hammer:

Offline X-ray

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2009, 10:28:42 PM »
@ Koaftder

Hehe, I got lucky...and found that if you thrust when the saucer appears, it has less chance of shooting you.

Offline Bezzen

• Show only replies by Bezzen
    • http://www.streammountain.se
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 11:19:51 PM »
Finally managed to crack the top ten in Zookeeper. Damn that little thing is addictive! Too bad I suck at it. :D

Offline Sandy

• Show only replies by Sandy
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2009, 09:56:21 AM »
Hmm, but how does Ilwrath get such a fine score on Tetris ? Are there some hints/tricks etc, or is Ilwrath just 10x better than me at that game :quickdraw:

Offline X-ray

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2009, 12:35:28 PM »
Hehe

I had the same thought about Amiga Heretic and his Chopper score. I tried and tried and couldn't get close.

I think there are some games that you will just be good at and others only average. Looking at ones I do well at, they are usually the faster ball or action games. I haven't a hope in hell of getting near that Tetris score.

My favourite game at the moment is Mahjong...the more you play the more addictive it is, especialy when that &^%$* Adz keeps taking me off number 1 :p

I have a feeling that his score is pretty much the top end of the game, unless you can make pairs almost constantly.

I'll have to console myself with being Chief Bunny Basher :hammer:

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2009, 01:57:11 PM »
Hmm, but how does Ilwrath get such a fine score on Tetris ? Are there some hints/tricks etc, or is Ilwrath just 10x better than me at that game

LOL!  No tricks or whatnot.  I just start it at level 10 and plug away.  Like most Tetris versions, sending away Tetrises (4x lines at once) scores more than individual lines, and the score multiplier keeps increasing per level.  (So a single Tetris on level 30 is worth a lot...  Like that single move is more points than you could have gained playing through levels 1-9 combined, which is why I just start the game on level 10.  Heck, I'd start it on 30, if I could.   It's just a defense against the boredom of playing those first 9 SLOW and worthless levels.)  In fact, the whole game is really just a fight against getting killed off by your own stupidity/greed/boredom.  :lol:  

And, yes, the Tetris here does have some problems, vs official Tetris rules.  No T-Spins and only a single slide allowed is a biggie to remember...  I never realized how much I used those dirty little tricks until they were gone.  A hard drop key would be nice, too.  And maybe a little better randomizer on the pieces could go a long way, as well.  I tend to get 4 and 5 times the same piece in a row on here.  That never happens on GameBoy or Wii...

Now, for reference, I'm typically in the top 100 worldwide for WiFi records on Tetris Party Wii, but have never broken the top 10, there...  So I'm no pushover at Tetris, but certainly beatable...  ;)

ALSO: when playing arcade games, make sure you've picked "Remember Me" on your login.  You don't want to get a high score only to lose it because your login idled out while you were playing.  I had that happen the first time I broke 500,000 on Tetris.  I was not happy.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:59:12 PM by Ilwrath »