Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best gaming moment!  (Read 4664 times)

Description:

Offline Wolfe

• Show only replies by Wolfe
Re: Best gaming moment!
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2003, 04:49:33 PM »
Placing Japan under one banner - Mine!

Lords Of The Rising Sun   :-D

But there was also:
Conquering the universe - Reach For The Stars
The soul survivor - Nuclear War   :lol:
Killing terrorists - Pursian Gulf Inferno
Slaming it home - Speedball

And of course being the ultimate deity - Populous

And crushing my enemies - The Lords Of War

but then again:  Turrican II, Chaos Engine, Reach For The Skies, Their Finnest Hour, Populous II, ElfMania, Them, Wings, Banshee, Worms, and like the Enrgy Bunny I just go on and on and on . . . . . .  :crazy:
Avatar Babe:  Monica Bellucci  -    :love:

Offline Lo

• Show only replies by Lo
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2003, 05:01:20 PM »
Winning WINGS!  Never played it again *whew*
[color=0000CC]GVP 060 @50 Pwr Twr [/color][color=FF0000]AMD_Amithlon_UAE[/color]

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2003, 05:19:51 PM »
Ruff'n'Tumble, Brian the Lion, Virocop, Chaos Engine, Sensible World of Soccer, Mortal Kombat 2, Project X. :-)

Offline Lemonty

• Show only replies by Lemonty
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2003, 05:51:21 PM »
-Finishing RocketRanger (finished it many times since)
-TestDrive II improving the new hiscore on the highest difficulty level (i wish i could remember  the ultimate score with no cheating)
Respect My Authority!

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2003, 06:01:52 PM »
Hmm..on the Amiga..I dont remember beating any particular game (on the C-64 I could pass all the levels on Bruce Lee)..

I did have a blast playing..
Super Cars 2, 2 player.  

Starglider II was so awesome..3d graphics and sound like no other.

Speedball 2 - winning the championship!! WOO HOOO!

SWOS - great game..always have a blast playing it!
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline BrandonLee

• Show only replies by BrandonLee
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2003, 07:36:51 PM »
Wolfe: I'm glad you mentioned Persian Gulf Inferno. It was the first game I loaded up on my A500. I was totally amazed by the graphics and sound.
It was very cool! Haven't seen it for decades...

Offline Nick

• Show only replies by Nick
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2003, 07:42:29 PM »
My best moments would have to be in-

Stuntcar Racer: Using a null MODEM cable and racing various clumbsey drivers. Watching somebody navigate the "Rollercoaster" track for the first time is funny! :-D

F16:Combat Pilot: Of course flying under bridges is fun, but way to easy. My best moment was flying back to base on VERY low fuel. I went into finals for landing, but was going to touch down too late to stop, so I thought I`d go round n have a better go. I forgot about the fuel and put full throttle on. I had literly 5 seconds of fuel before running out. I tipped the nose down a bit, then pulled up and did a loop. It was a struggle from the angle I was at, but I managed to land safely and stop. I was happy.

B17:Flying Fortress: I managed to somehow fly from the top of France back to the UK on 1 engine. I had to cool the engine with the fire extingushers before they blew up. Suffice to say I landed wheels up on the nearest peice of the UK I could find. :-)

Armourgeddon: There must be some for this game! Can`t remember any though.

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2003, 09:18:56 PM »
Shadow of the Beast I
The music and environment of the game was just astonishing. It was my world for some time :-D
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline borchen

• Show only replies by borchen
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2003, 10:08:08 PM »
Sensible Soccer tournaments with 4-5 friends...

me too...
and winning it on GOAL AVERAGE (only 1 goal) after an afternoon of frantic play  :-D

Offline Brian Hoskins

• Electronics Engineer & Computer Programmer
    • Show only replies by Brian Hoskins
    • brianhoskins.uk
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2003, 10:16:24 PM »
My best gaming moment was probably completing Cannon Fodder with my long time Cannon-Fodder Hero, Jops.  I carried that little blighter ALL the way through the entire game - I got really attached to the little fellas.  If Jops ever got shot I became very angry, unleashing a rain of terror on the culprit - shooting him so his body stayed in the air until he dissapeared off the screen hehehe

I also enjoyed Frontier Elite very much.  I remember spending the entire lead up to Christmas re-reading reviews of that game, dreaming about becoming an interstellar trader, a pirate or a rich assasin.  I finally got the game on Christmas day and pretty much stayed on it for MONTHS afterwards.  Good game that was, it's probably high on my list of required ports for the Amiga platform - it'd be great to see a newer version ported here.  Hyperion? :)

Brian

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2003, 10:23:39 PM »
Hmm, ok my best gaming moments was when almost just a teenager and my girlfriend at the time used to come to my house and we  "played  games" Lol :-D  I had an A500 at the time.
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline ExtremeWays

• Show only replies by ExtremeWays
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2003, 10:51:49 PM »
My best gaming moments would have to be ...

1. Armour Geddon Multiplayer.  

That was one bloody huge game... I remember flying wingman with a mate for about 30minutes in one direction and never reaching the edge of the map.  Exploring the mountains and finding new cities..

2. Lotus Challenge 2 Multiplayer.

4 players over a null modem..  I thought.. wow.. 4 player simultaenous..  awesome :)  Top game that..  Did anybody ever notice the quiet little sample in the ripped title tune that wispered over your speakers "YOU WILL NOT COPY THIS GAME"?

3. Another World.

Awesome atmosphere in this one.. First time I played it was on a rainy night..  perfect weather for this game ...

4. Hunter.

Mind blowing freedom of movement..  One time I was playing and accidently bailed out of a chopper..  I hit the parachute and managed to get to dry land..  I boarded a boat and headed north..  then about a minute later.. I hear a chopper coming down on top of me!!  It was the one that I bailed on back down the bottom of the map :)    This game had sooo many nice touches.. sharks, birds, trees, vehicles..  beautiful work.

Just a couple of moments :)  And that's why I still have all my amigas...

Offline McTrinsic

• Show only replies by McTrinsic
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2003, 11:02:04 PM »
Finishing Ultima IV
Finishing Ultima V
Seeing Defender of the Crown for the first time on an A 1000.
Seeing Bard's Tale in a journal, a review of some gaming fair... and then playing it and finishing it :)
Playing and finishing the SSI AD&D series... (not that Hillsfar stuff, the Champions of Krynn and the Forgotten Realms series!!)

Have fun,
McTrinsic

Offline Jagabot

• Show only replies by Jagabot
    • http://www.amigadeals.com
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2003, 11:40:01 PM »
Discovering Dungeon Master at my local dealer on the day of it's release, then actually playing it and being absolutely blown away. Then, to top it all off, a week and a half later finishing it. Probably the single best (single person) gaming experience I've ever had.

Settlers, CIV and SimCity were also great on the Amiga, I pissed weeks of my life away playing those..., but Dungeon Master just stands out above the rest in my memory.

The next great gaming moment for me was when I discovered Betrayal at Krondor on the PC - from that point on I was hooked on PC games. (Please no flames, I'm sure that game by itself cost me 20% on my university grades that semester :).

If I have military spec stuff listed on eBay, you can find it here  :-)

Offline Jagabot

• Show only replies by Jagabot
    • http://www.amigadeals.com
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2003, 11:43:44 PM »
Moebius (incidentally does anyone know where a could obtain a copy,  ...

Image or original?
If I have military spec stuff listed on eBay, you can find it here  :-)

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 24, 2003, 03:21:26 AM »
Hi,

My best gaming moment was the 1st day I bought my brand new Amiga 1000 when they first came out and then bought Arctic Fox by Electronic Arts. The reason I love playing this game is that it is possible to beat it if you use the right strategy. The 2nd best game I played was Dungeon Master.  I really got a thrill the day they ported over Doom to the Amiga. This game shows up on every Amiga and PC I own. I don't know how many games for the Amiga I have but every now and then I go to ebay and buy another just to collect Amiga Programs.

smerf :-D
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better