Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you could have one game converted to the Amiga which game would you choose!?  (Read 4268 times)

Description:

Offline oleimann

• Show only replies by oleimann
    • http://www.leimann.net/
Re: If you could have one game converted to the Amiga which game would you choose!?
« Reply #59 from previous page: November 24, 2006, 05:14:14 PM »

> World of Warcraft

I'll third that.

If this should run on an AGA A1200 or A4000 (assuming network capability), the interface could not be fully 3D.

But a top-down iconized view would work - only show the layer you're standing on - a bit like the minimap.
For 'seeing' other characters, you click on them, and a composite of their exterior is shown in a seperate section of the screen.

Not entirely impossible :)
-- olafL
Commodore stuff I use(d): A2000 A1200 C64 [VC20]
C1541 disk drive, [C1520 plotter, Riteman C+ print]
Favorite programming tool: C64 Magazine\\\'s CMON

Offline Egg-Chen

• Show only replies by Egg-Chen

leirbag28 wrote:
@Egg-Chen

I dont think I agree with you on Mega Typhoon.......although I never Played it......from the screenshots I see in "Hall Of Light"  it looks like an 8bit NES gam with the same kind of crude lores gfx.

Try it before. The Gfx don't do justice to this game (well to say the truth, as an "old-schooler" I like those old fashioned type of Gfx).

Battle Squadron looks better than that. and Battle Squadron is a darn fine game......even though the gfx can still be massively improved.  ProjectX is the best looking ShootemUp for an A500 and T-Zero is the Best looking for AGA. Also check out Apidya, Hybris, a well

Yes... but to return back to the subject, if I cited Mega Typhoon it's because it has a very efficient sprite engine, it is among the better engines I could see running on the A500 : everything move smoothly, the action is very fast, there aren't any slowdowns or flickering and most of all, the screen is full of moving sprite (more than 100 according to the authors of the game). It is rather impressive from a technical point of view, although there are maybe some weakness in the art/design department. I think it's more a demo of what's possible using this engine.

Now I can just imagine what could be done with such an engine : Aleste, Aleste 2, Salamander etc. games like ProjectX are visually very appealing, but I don't like them very much, I find them boring, they lack the intensity of games like those above mentioned.

or rather EXCELLENTLY programmed game is SLAM TILT. Probably the highest Quality arcade game made for Amiga.

I didn't played Slam Tilt since Pinball games are not my cup of tea, but for what I heard it is a very good game in its field.

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
Grid Wars.

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline HAK

• Show only replies by HAK
Hi Egg-Chen,

Egg-Chen wrote:

My God !!! Is it for real ??!!!
At least, after more than a decade a dream will maybe become true !
Could you port it to the Classic ?
Please ! Please ! :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  

Unfortunately sorry, but as the Cyberstorm in my A4000 went bust several years ago, I can't use my G-REX in there and therefore no GFX-card... - meaning I would have to work on my old TV, a thing I don't want to do to my eyes.

On my Peg I haven't installed a cross-compiler either, as I prefer to concentrate on one system at a time.

But as I said, the source is included in the package - which is also on Aminet and (hopefully) everything a programmer should do is replace all "__MORPHOS__" with "__AMIGA__" (or whatever the corresponding define is on the classic or OS4.

Bye HAK

Offline tomazkid

• Show only replies by tomazkid
Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday

Offline AmigaMance

• Show only replies by AmigaMance
 Any relatively "modern" flight simulator that the pc users are enjoying since many, many years ago. I don't really care which. Falcon V=>2 would be fantastic, but i'm just daydreaming like the rest of us in this thread.
A1200 PPC user.

Offline Angus

• Show only replies by Angus
    • http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/AGDB/AGDB.html
Mechwarrior 2. It only required a 486 to run on the pc, so on a decent spec classic Amiga it ought to run very well.

I have always wanted a 3D Mech game on the Amiga, and the closest I've got is running the original Mechwarrior game by Dynamix (the guys who did Arctic Fox, A10 Tank Killer etc) using PC Task 4. This actually works very well, but the 1989 3D leaves a little to be desired.

Oh well, I can dream....   :)

Offline Aegis

• Show only replies by Aegis
    • http://www.survivorfilms.co.uk
Chaos Engine 2 - but only if the Bitmaps actually finish it this time... :roll:
Catapultem habeo. Nisi pecuniam amnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show only replies by Rebel-CD32

Tricky wrote:

A vertical scrolling shoot-em-up is on the cards after we finish Mr Beanbag (in about a week).  We'll see how much we can get on screen!

If there's anyone who can still program a good game for the Amiga, using all its strengths, it's you. Make sure you check out some of the best arcade vertical scrolling shooters on MAME (or in a real arcade if that's still an option) for some inspiration, and let us all know if you need any help. You could check out the Amiga Games Factory over on abime.net, they're trying to get a team of Amiga games creators together for a few projects over there.

Oh yeah, and it's been a week since your post, where's Mr. Beanbag?  :-P

Can't wait to get the full game, how about releasing a Christmas level demo before Christmas time?
Amiga user forever.

Offline Hyperspeed

• Show only replies by Hyperspeed
What's Mr.Beanbag? I hope it's nothing like Mr.Nutz or worse...  Rare's 'Mr.Pants'...

:-D

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
Metal Slug 3

I just got this for the PS2 the other week and I can't put it down.  It only takes about an hour to finish, but it's pure arcade mayhem all the way.

Pure side-scrolling shoot-em-up, frantic non-stop mayhem, classic arcade action.  The way games used to be :-D

I'm hoping to get 4 & 5 for Xmas :-D
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show only replies by Rebel-CD32
Mr. Beanbag is a new platform game coming out for AGA Amigas very soon, you can check out the screenshots and download a demo here - http://www.glastonbridge.co.uk/mrbeanbag/

And what's wrong with Mr. Nutz?? Sure, the Mega Drive and SNES versions totally sucked, but the Amiga version was a whole other game, and one of the best platformers I've played on any system (and I've played a lot of them). I finished the game once, and it's massive. Beautiful graphics, wonderful sound, perfect gameplay... the only thing that let it down was not being hard drive installable. It actually had the option to use a control pad so you could jump using the button instead of pressing up too, which all platform games should have.

Never played Mr. Pants though.

Vincent, yeah, Metal Slug totally rocks hey, we definitely need more games like that on Amiga. Try and find the PS1 version of Metal Slug X if you want another Metal Slug game to enjoy.
Amiga user forever.

Offline Dr_Righteous

• Show only replies by Dr_Righteous
Something a little more realistic that could actually run on most of our systems... The original Duke Nukem games, pre-DN3D. Especially since the games were originally designed ON Amiga, but released for PC.
- Doc

A4000D, A3640 OC-36.3MHz, custom tower, Mediator A4000D. Diamond Banshee 16M, Indivision AGA 4000, GVP HC+8.

Mac Mini 1.5GHz, that might run MorphOS someday, when the fools who own it come to the realization that 30 minutes just isn\'t enough time to play with it enough to decide whether or not you like it enough to cough up $200.

- Someone please design SOME kind of DIY accelerator for the A4000. :D -

Offline ghauber

• Show only replies by ghauber
    • http://www.gabrielhauber.com

Total Annihilation is a great strategy game. Would be nice to see that one the Amiga.

Well then, start working on a port of Spring (GPL'd real time strategy engine, initially created to run TA content, but now much more than that). Currently there are versions for Win32 and Linux, a MacOSX port nearly done... Uses SDL, OpenGL, er, and, other stuff. Good luck!!!  :-D

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent

Rebel-CD32 wrote:
Vincent, yeah, Metal Slug totally rocks hey, we definitely need more games like that on Amiga. Try and find the PS1 version of Metal Slug X if you want another Metal Slug game to enjoy.

Already on the look out for that :-D

I'm not too keen on the look of Metal Slug 3D though.  Looks pants.
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel