Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigamaniac  (Read 29018 times)

Description:

Offline GeneralLee

• Show only replies by GeneralLee
Re: Amigamaniac
« Reply #44 from previous page: March 05, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »
Calling him is proabably an good idea... As I haven't got any email from him with his new address I totaly consider him an liar and a theif. DO NOT BUY anything from him ..

Offline Cammy

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2013, 02:11:43 AM »
I don't think it's fair to call Nathan a liar or a thief, I'm sure he does wish he could produce all the hardware people have paid for and send it to them, but his health prevents this. Nathan has debilitating depression, and I know exactly what it feels like. You feel the weight of the world on your shoulders yet it's hard to even get out of bed or find the strength to type something, let alone get lots of work done. The more hurtful things people say, the worse it gets, and the longer and harder it will be for him to get better.

Also, I think people need to just forget about the money they spent. Cut your losses, don't dwell on them! At least you still have enough money to feed yourselves, which is more than some of us!
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 04:02:24 AM »
Cammy, I defended him too (for awhile) But saying he can't ship orders out because he's too depressed is just ridiculous. He wasn't too depressed to take the money from people.

Its very simple, give people back their money or ship their orders, people have waited over a year with no email, no refund, no product, and no communication from him.

if he's really strapped and can't give refunds than at least communicate that  to the buyers and give them a date he feels he can issue a refund or ship their products.

I don't care how depressed you are, You can still send an email.

I liked his products, I hope he snaps out of it, repairs his reputation within the amiga community and starts making new products.

And in truth, I don't mean to sound insensitive to his problems. Its a shame if someone is really that depressed that it affects their life so much,but get some help, communicate with your customers,  do something, don't just ignore people for over a year who paid you $$$ in good faith.

Offline Cammy

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2013, 05:24:20 AM »
I don't think you understand the difference between "being depressed" and the mental illness. It's not something you can just "snap out of" and there is no motivation to email people when you don't know who to email first when you think every single person in the world hates you, and that they'd all be better off if you were dead. When you are this affected by depression you don't feel like you deserve the help to ask for, so you just suffer in silence.

I don't think Nathan has the money. I think he probably spent it on what hardware components he needed to make the boards at the time but much of it has perhaps been buried or put aside in a house that is just making room for another child. Nathan wasn't making any profit on the hardware he sold, he insisted on not ripping people off like many others do in the Amiga community, and so he probably has no savings either.

He may be struggling to hold his own life together, and coming back to face the angry mob of the Amiga scene is probably something he hasn't got the strength to take on, so all he can do for now is avoid the problem.
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline Lurch

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Lurch
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2013, 06:10:33 AM »
True depression is hard to describe, as Cammy has said it's something that cripples you mentally.

Just looking at your inbox with hundreds and hundreds of email would be impossible for someone who was truly depressed.

I was going to say more about it but it's getting far to close to home for me.
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub

Offline tasmanian guy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by tasmanian guy
    • http://www.amigaformat.com
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2013, 06:11:24 AM »
I've asked him for a refund via facebook, no refund coming despite waiting almost 2 years for the goods to show up.  I was pretty patient with him too!

Paid via paypal too, and just believed his lies that he'll be posting it "real soon now"!
Amiga 1200 1U Rack project

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2013, 03:11:24 PM »
Don't know the guy, but I can agree that depression can be crippling.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2013, 07:14:28 PM »
If the guy is suffering with crippling depression, it certainly didn't keep him from taking the money for products he never ended up delivering.

While I have my sympathies for the fellow, what's going on here is just fraud and a scam.  Can't fill the orders, send the funds back.  Going through issues so severe you can't even contemplate filling orders but being more than willing to take peoples funds without delivering product is simply illegal.

Offline Xanxi

• Show only replies by Xanxi
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2013, 08:55:14 PM »
Guys, we had exactly the same thread on our french amiga board about our local repairman/reseller that some of you may know (not to mention Amigancenter whom also has health problems).
You need to consider that all those hobbyist amigans are now getting old. We are no more teenagers with simple and cool lives (only Cammy appears to still be a young person :-)). Some are ill, some have family, personnal or professional problems, such as what we get in a real adult life.
So keep it easy. The few bucks of yours that Amigamaniac is holding probably won't jeopardize your estate.
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline tasmanian guy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by tasmanian guy
    • http://www.amigaformat.com
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2013, 09:10:49 PM »
His name is Nathan Cadwallen and he is on facebook.

If he is so unwell why is he still taking orders on his web site.  As stated I have asked him for a refund via facebook, with no luck.

It says on his web site he is 32 years old, married with 2 kids.  So he sounds like he is doing pretty well for himself.  The almost $100 won't bankrupt me or affect my estate, but I've got two children under 2 and I'm sure $100.00 would now be better spent on them than holding in Nathan's bank account.

He is scum!  Told me numerous lies to keep me hanging on for almost 2 years!  Hell we've had two children since I placed my order...how sad is that!  Terrible avoid.  Wonder if he is declaring the income to the ATO and whether consumer affairs be interested in this little scam!
Amiga 1200 1U Rack project

Offline djos

• Show only replies by djos
    • http://users.adam.com.au/djorlc/
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2013, 09:28:01 PM »
Quote from: tasmanian guy;728402

If he is so unwell why is he still taking orders on his web site.  

He's not taking orders, he just hasnt updated his site since he got sick except to remove the paypal buttons.

Btw, He may be registered on facebook but he hasnt updated since may 2012!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:31:01 PM by djos »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1220 16Mhz 128MB w/ RTC, 4GB CF-HDD, Roland MT-32 MIDI Synthesiser
Amiga 500 w/ KS2.05, 1Mb Chip-Ram, CF-IDE w/4MB Fast-Ram, FDD Boot Selector, HxC RevC Floppy emulator
Commodore 64 w/ 1541 Ultimate-II inc Tape Adapter, JiffyDOS, 1541 Disk Drive, 1531 Datasette, Flyer Net Modem

Offline nicholas

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2013, 10:38:19 PM »
Quote from: Cammy;728363
I don't think you understand the difference between "being depressed" and the mental illness. It's not something you can just "snap out of" and there is no motivation to email people when you don't know who to email first when you think every single person in the world hates you, and that they'd all be better off if you were dead. When you are this affected by depression you don't feel like you deserve the help to ask for, so you just suffer in silence.

I don't think Nathan has the money. I think he probably spent it on what hardware components he needed to make the boards at the time but much of it has perhaps been buried or put aside in a house that is just making room for another child. Nathan wasn't making any profit on the hardware he sold, he insisted on not ripping people off like many others do in the Amiga community, and so he probably has no savings either.

He may be struggling to hold his own life together, and coming back to face the angry mob of the Amiga scene is probably something he hasn't got the strength to take on, so all he can do for now is avoid the problem.

+1
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Kremlar

• Show only replies by Kremlar
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2013, 10:39:42 PM »
I love the responses basically saying:

"he's not a thief, he just took money from people for something he couldn't produce and now won't refund it"

That, my friends, is a thief. It's too bad he's "depressed" or "suffers from depression" or whatever, but that's not an excuse to steal other people's hard earned money.

I feel bad for you guys, and hope somehow, someone starts legal action against him.

Some people simply have no respect for others, and he sounds like one of them.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2013, 10:50:00 PM »
Why haven't you people just claimed your money back from Paypal?

It's quite simple to do so.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Kremlar

• Show only replies by Kremlar
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2013, 10:52:27 PM »
I'm assuming they were strung along too long and now it's too late to file a claim via PayPal.

Assuming that's correct, I'd file a claim with my credit card company if possible if paid using credit card.

I would not "let it go" because, quite simply, it's not right.

Offline djos

• Show only replies by djos
    • http://users.adam.com.au/djorlc/
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2013, 11:07:46 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;728420
Why haven't you people just claimed your money back from Paypal?

It's quite simple to do so.

Exactly and if PayPal fob you off your bank will reverse the charges from your CC!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1220 16Mhz 128MB w/ RTC, 4GB CF-HDD, Roland MT-32 MIDI Synthesiser
Amiga 500 w/ KS2.05, 1Mb Chip-Ram, CF-IDE w/4MB Fast-Ram, FDD Boot Selector, HxC RevC Floppy emulator
Commodore 64 w/ 1541 Ultimate-II inc Tape Adapter, JiffyDOS, 1541 Disk Drive, 1531 Datasette, Flyer Net Modem