Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Prometheus PCI Bridge  (Read 658 times)

Description:

Offline HammerDTopic starter

Prometheus PCI Bridge
« on: May 07, 2005, 06:10:26 PM »
I have a Prometheus PCI bridge card in my Amiga 4000/060.  I was wondering if anyone managed to get any sound card drivers working with it?

I have tried the latest OpenPCI library and the very latest AHI 6.0rc3 (that includes the SoundBlaster Live! driver).  With a Soundblaster Live! card in the Prometheus - the card is recognized properly by the utilities like openpciinfo and prmscan, but as soon as you try to launch AHI Prefs the entire machine freezes.

Anyone get a Soundblaster Live! card working or other sound card in the Prometheus?

Thanks!
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!

Offline Robert17

• Show only replies by Robert17
Re: Prometheus PCI Bridge
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 06:53:27 PM »
Hey Hammer, never tried it, on the OpenPCI site it looks like the terratec driver is the most complete, lacking only recording support I believe, not sure though. Personally I bought a Prelude Zorro card  :-)

Robert
Member of the Lincs Amiga Group, UK :-)

Offline HammerDTopic starter

Re: Prometheus PCI Bridge
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 09:29:49 PM »
@Robert17

Ya I saw that there is a Terratec driver...but I've never seen one of those cards in North America, and I've never heard of anyone trying it on the Prometheus.  Perhaps they were only sold in Europe/Asia.  At least if it is here it is extremely rare.  Most cards are Soundblaster's here...

Anyway, I'm thinking of ditching the Prometheus and getting a Mediator...seems the driver support is far better :)

My Prometheus (even though I bought it "new") did not come with the video extension cable...so it's a pain in the a** to hook the monitor up, as you have to somehow get a monitor cable inside the case thru a hole that is large enough...

AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!