Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: has anyone actually found a low-profile Radeon card for efika?  (Read 810 times)

Description:

Hey, guys, have any of you actually found a video card that is available anywhere online that will work with the Efika in the directron case w/ MorphOS?

I ordered what was supposed to be one, but it turned out to be an NVidia card, thanks to a ****-up on the retailers part (their website says ATI Radeon 9250, but it's actually not!). I've called just about every retailer I could find a phone number for, and there just aren't any cards that match the 'requirements' of MorphOS on the Efika for sale, period.

I'm sure I will not find one, and that I will end up selling or scrapping the Efika - it's useless to me if I can't run MorphOS on it; I have plenty of linux-capable systems that are bigger and faster.  :madashell:

Offline billt

• Show only replies by billt
    • http://www.billtoner.net
Bill T
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

Re: has anyone actually found a low-profile Radeon card for efika?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 08:58:39 PM »
AGP low-profile Radeon 9250 or older, with 128MB minimum.

Well, I managed to get a card that works, although I still have to get the low-profile bracket for it. this is an HIS "H925H128E1TOAN-S" according to the label on the box, for anyone who's stuck on this issue like I was. you will need to use the dvi connector so if you have an older display with a vga plug you want a dvi-vga adapter dongle.

now I'm just hoping I can actually install this thing inside of 30 minutes.

:)