Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org iPhone app  (Read 8265 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Re: Amiga.org iPhone app 
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 24, 2009, 08:10:04 PM »
@Wayne

Since you sound like you have so much free time... How about you run over to the Greenbrier Restaurant, get me a mess of Hush Puppies and same day airmail them to South Florida :-?

Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
Re: Amiga.org iPhone app
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 09:58:13 PM »

motorollin wrote:
*backs away quietly*
:lol: :lol:
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline Tension

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 12:52:58 AM »

Wayne wrote:

I've seen the community shrink from thousands of enthusiasts to *maybe* dozens of hardened tinkers.  

Can you tell us how many Active users there are on Amiga.org please?  Ive always wondered what the true figure is...  Shirley, you can see who is and who isn`t logging on every hour/day/week/month.

We should all meet up some time!!

Offline a1200

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 02:07:45 AM »
@Wayne

Like you I turned a hobby into a career and you are right, it does drive your enthusiasm down after working for years in terms of being eager to experiment - to me IT is a means to an end.

Do you want to sell A.org?
Amiga A1200, 3.1 ROMs, Blizzard 1230 MKIV 128MB & FPU, 4GB DoM SSD, Workbench 3.1

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 02:49:40 AM »
And why an app for iphone? there is dozens of mobile gadgets capable for net surfing apart of iphone, a mobile version is better idea.
a1200 060

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 03:23:42 AM »
@Wayne,

I know it's been said and though I've contributed to the site monetarily, in the past, I haven't done it enough, but thank you for Amiga.org. This page has been my homepage and it's been that way for several years. To quote many of my friends when they borrow my lappy or desktop to browse something, "Well, we know where your loyalties lie...".

I would love to see an updated version of Amiga.org and while I empathize with those that still browse with their Amigas, preferring to tell them to get out of the "Dark Ages", I understand where you're coming from. There's no pleasing everyone.

I remember finding out about this site, 11 years ago, from one of your former co-workers. I can't remember his name, nor for the life of me, where I found him, but it was when I finally migrated to a PC and in an ICQ chat, I was commenting on how much I hated Windoze and like Amiga Workbench so much more. I kept going on and on about it and I remember him saying verbatim, "You sound like my co-worker, Wayne. He's as rabid as you are. You should check out his site: www.amiga.org".

I've been here ever since....

I also understand your frustrations with coding. Rarely, do I do any Web Development anymore, as I got burnt out a while back and since I didn't keep up with the latest and greatest, I'm out of form. Same goes with audio production and engineering. I still keep up with my graphic arts, but that's 'cos it's my main source of income and rarely do I ever fire up an "Amiga" (ie, UAE) anymore. I used to make texture maps exclusively in UAE just to say I did, as well as color-tweak comic pages using Photogenics, just to say an Amiga was used, but nowadays, it's just faster (and more efficient) to just do it all in Photoshop and Painter.

You ever make it to my side of the Continent, Sir, the first round's on me.

-Madin
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 07:18:23 AM »

Wayne wrote:
.... Hell, if we ever had the chance to be in the same room, I'd probably buy the first round for every single person here.

That's how I feel.

Wayne

:cheers: ..we all have our daily stresses Wayne..thanks for relieving some of them with this site :-D
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline Acill

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 05:57:23 PM »
Just have the webmaster install Tapatalk's plugin. Its free and works great. I use a few sites with it.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 06:21:50 PM »
Quote from: Acill;654510
Just have the webmaster install Tapatalk's plugin. Its free and works great. I use a few sites with it.

Nothing personal... but... are you one of them spambots I sometimes gibber to... :)

(Technology today... aint it amazing... I can even talk to computers now & they talk back... wonder what they'll come up with next, hand held phones that you can use anywhere just like the communicators in Star Trek... Nah... too far fetched that, even for me...) :)

Offline Acill

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 06:51:52 PM »
Quote from: Franko;654516
Nothing personal... but... are you one of them spambots I sometimes gibber to... :)

(Technology today... aint it amazing... I can even talk to computers now & they talk back... wonder what they'll come up with next, hand held phones that you can use anywhere just like the communicators in Star Trek... Nah... too far fetched that, even for me...) :)

Umm, no I am not a bot the last time I checked. Damn the Borg!!! Did they get to me?
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »
Wow thats a REAL amiga anywhere! I like this but I agree touch screen controls blow for amiga games.

Can you imagine walking around with a competition pro plugged into your phone? that would be funny! You could ask strangers to hold the phone for you while on the train or a bus. hahaha.

Steven

Offline Tension

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 05:49:58 AM »
Let sleeping threads lie.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 06:56:34 AM »
Wow, Someone is into necro!