Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Re: Game development project anyone?  (Read 3542 times)

Description:

Offline Animagic

• Show only replies by Animagic
    • http://www.pointer-digital.com
Re: Game development project anyone?
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2003, 04:12:45 PM »
Visual Arts it is!

Ok, I'll start with it as soon as I finish the Greek fonts for total chaos.
Greek Amiga User Group Amiga Hellas
You can find me on #amigahellas IRC channel on GRnet.

Offline restore2003Topic starter

• Show only replies by restore2003
    • http://www.contrazt.no/records.html
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2003, 04:19:29 PM »
Great, looking forward to it  :-)

Someone here interested in helping Methuselas with character and gameplay artwork?

ChaosLord:

If you are interested please give me a mail.

If there are any other free 68k c++ coders interested in joining this team, mail me aswell

If you need music for games, demos or are in a need of a studio mastering engineer, just contact me :-)
Check out my project homepages: www.galaxee.no   www.restore.no

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2003, 04:26:06 PM »
sweet that a new thread is started..

yes chaoslord can do it in 68k for now, aslong as he use ansiC , dont use c++ unless you are experienced with it, ansiC is the best option i rekon ...

as for SDL , sure SDL is an option but then we can always ask Chaozer or robinC , basically SDL is way easy and easy ported , basically an SDL game can be moved around to any plattform aslong as there is an SDL Client for the os*hw.

anyway i wont participate in much here, just assiting my neighbour (restore) as much as possible.

cheers

Whats up with all the hate!

Offline lempkee

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2003, 04:28:12 PM »
chaoslord: donations can be discussed later on, but in the way of powerup cards for your 1200.., do you have a mediator or simmilar expansions ?

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2003, 06:34:24 PM »
@ Restore

Visual Arts sounds okay. If anything, we can use it until we come up with a name more suited to the 'company'.  ;-)

[EDIT]

I agree with the SDL idea. While it would be great to have it for the Amiga, there is a slight possiblity that if the games good enough, it could be picked up for PC, Mac, Linux or Console.

Having a bigger market is always better, but like I said before, since you have a basic idea about what you want out of the game, make sure you give us a list of what the engine *SHOULD* do, in terms of playability, levels, etc.

\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline lempkee

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2003, 07:09:01 PM »
we have SDL on amiga also so..

sure it aint that fast but WARPSDL by chaozer is fast and it will be released soon i hope ..

(68k and wos and mos)

cheers

Offline Jupp3

• Show only replies by Jupp3
    • http://jupp3.amigafin.org
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2003, 07:11:57 PM »
Oh... If you're not too experienced with coding, it might be better starting off with some rather simple game... Or just decide not to start doing every feature first...

First "version" of my strategy game had barely (random) map with some walls, that could be scrolled. Second version had one soldier, you could move around... Third had some Field of Vision routines, and in the fourth version they finally worked :-)

But the idea is, start with simple things, don't even think of starting doing everything...

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2003, 08:08:58 PM »
Methuselas:

I will email you a list of all graphics needed for the game. I will post it here aswell.
If you need music for games, demos or are in a need of a studio mastering engineer, just contact me :-)

Offline Methuselas

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2003, 08:22:07 PM »
Gotcha. I'll get on it, as soon as I get the email.

Heh, you kind of threw me for a loop when you said you needed cities with no more than 12 buildings.  I was sitting here thinking, 'What kinds of buildings'?!?

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2003, 08:31:51 PM »
hehe, each building will have its own function, 6 buildings for recruting 6 different monsters, 1 building for learning spells, level 1 to level 5 spells, that means the building can be upgraded 4 times.

1 building for buying armour and weapons,
1 "city hall" building, that can be upgraded 2 times(the function of this building is how much tax money that is collected each week, when upgraded u get more money)
and finally 1 garrison building, where u can buy all 6 monsters from.

phew!
 :-)

Note that upgraded buildings dont have to differ much in style from the ones you start with.

Offline lempkee

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2003, 08:44:41 PM »
started with gfx etc before there is a coder for the project?...or did i miss something...

restore:umm kor blir det av deg daaaaa? :D (irc)

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2003, 09:35:36 PM »
Lemkee:

Have ChaosLord as a "maybe", he is interested.

My gf uses the machine tonight, thats why im not on irc, btw where on irc are u again?

Offline Methuselas

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2003, 10:10:50 PM »
Okay, I think I got it.

So were talking 6 buildings, one for each type of soldier. IE, A Templar Temple for building templar knights, a Dwarven Church to build Battle Priests, a Druid Grove for Elven Druids, Orc Hatchery for builiding Orc Shock Troops,  etc.

A spell school, with different versions per upgrade. That's fairly easy. Is there a different building for each racial sect, or is it universal?

A city hall, to change to a keep and then a castle or palace. I assume that this will be different for each race, but correct me if I am mistaken.

And finally a barracks, to train the soldiers in.

Are there any other buildings, like an iron works, so you can have upgraded weapons and armor, or are those done in the buildings that are used to gain the soldiers?

I've got a couple of sketches done. I'm going to go to my mates, father's house to scan them tonite. You know, if you're using Demons or the like, I still have most of the work I did when I was applying for a job at ClickBOOM on 666. I never sent them my portfolio, so they're fair game to use.  

I do hope that ClickBOOM is still going to release 666. I never played Nightlong, but I saw the trailer and it looked sweet.

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2003, 10:25:11 PM »
Methuselas: The buildings work the same way  for all 3 races, except the artwork style if different, eg. an elvish town should look elvish etc....

A city hall, to change to a keep and then a castle or palace. I assume that this will be different for each race, but correct me if I am mistaken.

The names will be different for each race yea, but it will have the same function for all races.

[/quote]
Are there any other buildings, like an iron works, so you can have upgraded weapons and armor, or are those done in the buildings that are used to gain the soldiers?

No, the weapons and armour will be bought at the weapons shop. Note that the weapons & armour only can be worn by the hero. and it functions as a bonus for the heros damage, defence etc, this ofcourse can be discussed, but it is much easier to do it this way

Offline Methuselas

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2003, 10:29:39 PM »
an elvish town should look elvish etc

Okay, the next time I see an elf at the grocer, I'll ask him what his home town looks like.  :-P

« Reply #29 from previous page: November 20, 2003, 10:32:21 PM »
hehe, its not that easy to describe something that dont exist  :-D