Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Movieshop Update  (Read 1973 times)

Description:

Offline jusTopic starter

Movieshop Update
« on: November 17, 2002, 01:28:19 PM »
Hi,

I wonder if someone here would be able to help me. I'm a film student at the rits here in Brussels Belgium and by the end of the year we have to make a solo film project, so I started out with buying some toys to start out with, like a video camera and thing like that. For editing I came across differnt solutions, like buying some gfx card for my PC or buying a Draco. It seemed my PC would be a bit slow to run Adobe Premiere on and the licenses and hardware were rather expensive, especially if you want analog inputs. So I ended up buying the draco for just 350 Euro. It's a really great machine and It has lots of great software on it like Monument Designer, Samplitude, Lightwave etc.  The only thing I was a bit disappointed with was Movieshop 4.6 itself and especially its audio capabilities (making overlaps, synching,...). I read several reviews of version 5.2 which say exactly this point is where the great improvements are of v5.2 compared to v4.6. The only thing is I can't seem to find a dealer that still sells version 5.2, except one, who asks 300 Euros for an update from version 4.6. This seems really expensive to me -I just don't have that much money anymore after buying the draco and my camera- from a shop I have never before heard of. I've been looking around to buy it second hand, but it seems like the software is dongled so It can only be installed on the machine it was ordered for. Is this true, and is there a way around this? Would it be illegal to, on the one hand buy version 5.2 (without being able to use it), and on the other hand getting a cracked version with the protection code removed to be able to run it on my draco? I don't even know if there exists such a cracked version.
Don't take me wrong, I really like what I have bought, and it will suit my needs for now, but it's just that I'm missing a few features that would make things alot easier, like doing postsynchs or sonorisation.
Can anyone give some advice (or maybe donate his version of Movieshop 5.2) ;-)

Thanks
Justin