Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WinUAE hard-drive creation help needed pleased!  (Read 4431 times)

Description:

Offline WelshBoyTopic starter

• Show only replies by WelshBoy
Re: WinUAE hard-drive creation help needed pleased!
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 14, 2003, 02:05:07 PM »
Thanx again for the advice -

I a\ttempted to download picasso96 (the latest version correct?) last night and all went well - however when moving it over to workbench I thought damn I need to unarchive it - so I thought no problem I'll get a unarchiver - which then presented me with the question how do I get a unarchiving program from the aminet when it is archived in the first place? I assume some of the programs from the aminet come with unarchiving abilities but it was near impossible to tell which ones did when I had a quick look last night :(

Any suggestions for which one I should get and fill the above? I'd like one similar to win-zip on the PC - easy to use with ASL file requesters would be preferable! no shell thank you! Freeware would also be appreciated. I got so annoyed last night I installed AIAB again - grrr I'm gonna have to delete that when I get home (thats assuming work ever ends..... :-( )

Cheers,
Daz

Offline alx

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2003, 02:13:21 PM »
There's a self-extracting LHA here.  Download and run, and it should give you lha, which you can then put in sys:c  To extract programs then, you can fire up a CLI and type in "lha x ram:archive.lha work:" or whatever - use that to get a GUI if you want.

Offline WelshBoyTopic starter

• Show only replies by WelshBoy
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2003, 07:45:42 PM »
Thanx for that alx -

I've just deleted AIAB and re-installed WinUAE - just waiting for some kind soul to spare me a copy of their Workbench extra's .adf and I'll be up and running hopefully - and thats where the "fun" really begins...grrr I'm gonna have to set it all up! lots of tweaking I think - Jeni's gonna kill me!   :-o

While I'm here can somebody explain me to the use of Picasso96? I'm not exactly a novice here - in fact I'd call myself a computer expert bar programming but I've never had the use for lots of Amiga programs and spec's thanx to only ever owning a stock A1200...and when I did get a 4mb RAM board (I remember the exact day - world of Amiga show years bk!) it blew up and took my HD with it :(

Cheers,
Daz

Offline Gaidheal

• Show only replies by Gaidheal
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2003, 02:03:17 PM »
ADF went through to your brother fine.  So go bug him if he has not already passed it onto you :¬)
[color=3300FF]Gaidheal[/color][/b][color=0066CC] - \\"The Emulator Guy\\"[/color][/i]

Offline decore

• Show only replies by decore
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2003, 10:25:40 PM »

i guess you are going to blow your mind when i tell you
i got about 30000 adf files...lol. :-D

i dont understand why you will not use hardfiles or a real
harddrive though. Using directories as virtual harddrives
is a real bad solution for anyone seriously emulating.
There are tons of demos which will not work unless in
a hardfile/harddrive..not to mention programs and games.

Ah wel... best of luck.