Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: who know where i can buy pmcia network card for a1200  (Read 1803 times)

Description:

who know where i can buy pmcia network card for a1200
« on: November 05, 2002, 06:30:40 PM »
Hello To All

I am looking to buy a pmcia network card for the amiga 1200 in a infinitiv tower .
So i need to have the special parcel to be able to use it also inside the infinitive tower without make a hole :) .

I have search but i not found any good shop that look updated and able to send me what i want in the best delay .
Doe anyone know where i can buy this online in a good shop where i will not need to wait 2 months before i get the network card like last amiga shops in belgium .

Thank you very much :)

Later
Oliver
A1200 PPC 603E-Bvision OS 3.9 Rulez

Offline SilvrDrgn

• Show only replies by SilvrDrgn
    • http://mikerye.homeip.net
Re: who know where i can buy pmcia network card for a1200
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2002, 07:00:11 PM »
@ leolePPC,
I am looking to buy a pmcia network card for the amiga 1200 in a infinitiv tower.

Where are you located??  If in the U.S. I would get the ApNET card from Software Hut.  I had one of those in my A1200 Micronik Infinitiv tower before I sold the whole system.  It works flawlessly with the "cnet.device" software which is available on Aminet.  An older version of that software is included with the card, so make sure you get the updated version from Aminet.  Also, make sure you have either a hardware PCMCIA reset line fix installed on your A1200 motherboard, or use the "CardReset" software from Aminet in order to assert a reset to the Ethernet card during reboots.  They require this otherwise they won't work after a reboot.

Also, to install a PCMCIA Ethernet card in that tower, you will need what's called the "PCMCIA Right-Angle Adapter".  You can get those from just about any Amiga dealer.  It will allow you to put in the card without cutting any holes in anything.
Michael

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 08:26:45 PM »
Hello

thank you very much yes it look to be a good shop .
I am in Brussels so i will first ask them if they agree to send in europe .
Look like not so easy to setup following what you say :) but with this great forum for sure when i get the card many poeple will be here to help me :)

Also hope this shop will be able to sell me with the card the PCMCIA Right-Angle Adapter :)

Later
Oliver

Offline SilvrDrgn

• Show only replies by SilvrDrgn
    • http://mikerye.homeip.net
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2002, 08:39:05 PM »
@ leolePPC,
I am in Brussels

Since you're there, maybe you can find it at a shop closer to you, like in the U.K.  Try Power Computing - here is there LINK.  On their website, go to the Amiga section.  Then do a search for "PCMCIA" without the quotes and it will show three results.
1) PCMCIA 90 degree adapter for use in your tower.
2) Power-LAN PCMCIA Network card
3) PCMCIA hardware reset fix board.
They will be able to sell you all the pieces.

Keep in mind that there are more U.K. shops available than just Power Computing.  Maybe you can find one even closer than them.
Michael