Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Outsiders view of Amiga Community  (Read 3324 times)

Description:

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
Re: Outsiders view of Amiga Community
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2003, 01:57:22 PM »
Genesi so far has been able to deliver T-Shirts

Too right, provided they can produce T-shirts, who cares if the hardware's any good....
I like Amigas

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2003, 02:09:20 PM »
Oh and the animousity is towards this tendancy of finding some reason to start a "lets slag off the A1" thread

That wasn't the reason I posted it at all.

I posted it as it's the first time I have seen ANY reference to the A1 outside of this community.  I'd have posted it if it was a good reference too.  Or if it was a bad reference to the Pegasos for that matter.

Offline jeffimix

• Show only replies by jeffimix
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2003, 02:27:36 PM »
lol, i wouldn't pay attention to an outsider who lives in That kind of fairy land (after reading that post)
\\"The only benchmarks that matter is my impression of the system while using the apps I use. Everything else is opinion.\\" - FooGoo

Offline amigamad

• Show only replies by amigamad
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2003, 02:47:45 PM »
Amiga and atari users always did argue over who had the best machines but one thing they dont have is a new machines so we cant be that bad. :-)
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2003, 03:25:29 PM »
Guys, lay off the trolling, for gawd's sake.  Personally I couldn't care less if you were saying "MorphOS sucks" or "AmigaOS sucks", they're both just as much trolling comments.

It's not interesting to read those comments, and it can't be that interesting to think them up.

I'd hate to think some peoples' primary motivations were to offend other people.

Offline mikeymike

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2003, 03:29:57 PM »
@ mdma

If that was your intention, then surely a more impartial source, as well as not a forum post, would have been more interesting?  Say for example an independent hardware reviewing site*.

As soon as I saw the words 'forum' and 'atari' I didn't bother to read the article.  I'm sure that applies for quite a few other people as well.

* - admittedly they're tough to find, some of the popular ones have their allegiances too :-)

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2003, 04:00:49 PM »

As soon as I saw the words 'forum' and 'atari' I didn't bother to read the article

Funny you should say that.... :-D
I like Amigas

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2003, 04:21:54 PM »

mikeymike wrote:
@ mdma

If that was your intention, then surely a more impartial source, as well as not a forum post, would have been more interesting?  Say for example an independent hardware reviewing site*.

As I said before, it's the ONLY reference to A1 I have ever seen other than on osnews/slashdot outside of our community.

Why would I go to the bother of trying to organize openamiga.tk if I was anti-amiga?!?!?!??!

Offline mikeymike

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2003, 04:54:46 PM »
I wasn't suggesting you were deliberately trying to be misleading or biased.  I was merely suggesting a better potential source of information in terms of reputability.  Yes, there has been very little on the AmigaOne hardware or OS4 from independent sources.  Maybe something that will change when OS4 is released.

It would make a significant difference if AI decided to send samples of A1/OS4 machines out to the big name reviewing sites.

Offline meerschaum

• Show only replies by meerschaum
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2003, 05:03:17 PM »
Too right, provided they can produce T-shirts, who cares if the hardware's any good....

yeah lets see what the amiga.inc and friends produced so far... the AmigaOne useing the same chipset sans the hardware fix... (claim its not a problem) ... they call it an AmigaOne even though so far it hasnt run AmigaOS at all... their produceing OS4... and how long ago did the "professed" ceo of Amiga.inc say it was to be released? ... ohh yeah we're not supposed to believe everything we hear from amiga.inc yet we're supposed to be zealous for them on the other hand... then we come to the CEO debacle... who is their CEO? who knows... the situation with Mr Peck? what happend to him?... FUD I supose? who is Garry Hare? more FUD.. the trademark bieng abandoned? more FUD from the government this time (blame Bush for it as always right)... now lets go back to their offices... their empty? an auction? couldnt be!!!... must be more FUD!!....and then you have then you have the promises of OS5 12 months after OS4... again 'dont believe them, just be zealous for them' ... that kinda mentality cracks me up...and of course the iceing on the cake is the t-shirts

and yet this thread...right off the bat jump on Genesi and call their product announcement  'vapour' ... ... product announcements are called vapour  now.... because some atari guy dosent like the amigaone... it had no bearing on Genesi/pegasos whatsoever... but a zealot chose to use it to vent antisentiment...

Offline DaveP

• Show only replies by DaveP
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2003, 06:21:48 PM »
@mdma

Then I owe you an apology, but how do you square your innocent motives with this:

A1 = Dead newborn baby?  [laughing icon]

??

@mips
You are beneath contempt. The PegasosII if it stops being vapourware will be the cheap alternative. It was even mentioned in the article.

@lando
Ive read again, and I still think you have lost it. However you have been looking for blood as far as I was concerned for a long time, maybe now you will feel less frustrated?  :-P
Hate figure. :lol:

Offline Hooligan_DCS

• Show only replies by Hooligan_DCS
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2003, 06:41:02 PM »
Maybe we could agree that AmigaOne sucks, OS4 will suck.
Pegasos suck, and MorphOS suck.

Should make everyone happy, even Dave I'd imagine.

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2003, 06:41:15 PM »
@mdma

Then I owe you an apology, but how do you square your innocent motives with this:

Quote:

A1 = Dead newborn baby? [laughing icon]

??

I thought it was funny.  If it said "Pegasos = Dead newborn baby", i'd still think it was funny.  I must have a sick sense of humour,  as I thought the N.Korean site that Kenny posted was hillarious too.

Offline meerschaum

• Show only replies by meerschaum
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2003, 06:54:17 PM »
You are beneath contempt

ok your majesty... shall I sent geevs to fetch your parasol and commoner shoes so you can take a stroll?

that guys comment has one part mentioning pegasos and not saying its any superior...and it wasnt a Peg2 he even mentioned..

Maybe a powerPC board like the amigaone or pegasos uses, but that is far more expensive and slower than a x86.

thats his exact quote... I believe he was referring to both Peg and A1 as dead newborns and not just A1...however you chose to vent antisentiment at Peg2 calling it 'vapour'  and whatnot... when it has no bearing on this whatsoever...you can call anything vapour... like for example I can call Windows Longhorn 'vapour' but in the common sense of the word its not vapour since there have been releases of windows before and probably will be releases in the future...therefore it would be called a 'release date'...gotta wait until its over-due to call it 'vapour' ...

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2003, 07:05:18 PM »
Dear Amigans,
I have been reading alot of stuff lately on the AmigaOS 4. Yes, some new OS called Pegasos or something has been coming up alot lately on Amiga.org. I dont know what that OS is all about, nor will I think its going to do any good because its new.  If people want an alternative OS for power, they will go to Linux.  Amiga is an awsome OS on the other hand.  Amiga has been out since the 85'.  Atari is just dead for computers.  Atari 2600 is god's gaming console and has many fasinating games on it.  I am still sticking around till OS4 comes out, then we can say what we want about it because it will be out. Thanks.

Your buddy,
Strongbad :-D
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline mikeymike

« Reply #29 from previous page: June 11, 2003, 07:08:26 PM »
@ kd7ota

The platform is Pegasos.  The OS is MorphOS.

If you don't know anything about it, then surely you shouldn't be venturing an opinion on it?