Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: i need everyone to help me in looking for this: audition 4?  (Read 4024 times)

Description:

Offline kenny smithTopic starter

• S.A.C.C.
  • i am in sacc.org
    • Show only replies by kenny smith
i need everyone to help me in looking for this: audition 4?
« on: December 29, 2016, 03:56:13 AM »
Do any one have a complete new or old program of this audition 4?, i have ben looking for this software for a long time now. Do any one have this?. I live in usa/sacramento ca. If no one have just part of that tell me what part do you have?, i need the dongle it go's into port 2 to use with the software. Please do help me please. I will give you my address if you can send it by mail to me. Please do help me everyone. I am running with a 68040 it is a gvp controller card amiga 2000 rev6.2 monther board. But i am also looking for memory for my 2091 card and to run newer hard drive that is 2.15 Gb drive and a 2.1Gb hard drive?

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: i need everyone to help me in looking for this: audition 4?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 04:15:45 AM »
Get rid of those clunky old hard drives and get yourself one of these:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1264

Or some other similar CF or SD solution

Also you should be running your drives off your GVP '040 board, they'll run faster that way.  No need to keep the A2091 unless you need it for additional SCSI devices or you have need of 16-bit fast RAM.

With an '040 you can run Workbench 3.1 or 3.9 nicely, you might also look into one of those new open source Zorro II graphics cards or an Indivision ECS (for compatibility with modern monitors).

Plenty of options out there for upgrading your system, just be prepared to spend some time reading and researching, once you've determined exactly what you want to do with the system.

Also, funny thing, my uncle is also named Ken Smith, but he lives in Pennsylvania.  Cheers!  :banana:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline pneron

• Show only replies by pneron
    • http://www.incrediblesteps.com
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 02:11:14 PM »
Mike...thanks for the Link on HD (this will be helpful for Phase 3 of my upgrade !)

Kenny --> I have a copy of Audition IV. I can run it without a dongle or key?
A2000: OS3.1.4|Picasso II|Blizzard 68060@50 MHz|3xAD516 Sunrize cards|HydraNexus|Cocolino|Gotex Floppy Emulator |Mac OSX (main DAW) | Windows
Incredible Steps Film and Music

Offline pneron

• Show only replies by pneron
    • http://www.incrediblesteps.com
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 02:32:15 PM »
Mike - once I order this SCSI to Micro SD Interface Adapter, I can use any these as a new HD setup?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=micro+SD+card+
A2000: OS3.1.4|Picasso II|Blizzard 68060@50 MHz|3xAD516 Sunrize cards|HydraNexus|Cocolino|Gotex Floppy Emulator |Mac OSX (main DAW) | Windows
Incredible Steps Film and Music

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Jeff
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 03:03:07 PM »
I bought Audition 4 as an upgrade to the software that comes bundled with Perfect Sound. My copy does not need a dongle either. Please don't send a PM asking for a copy.

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 03:54:20 PM »
Quote from: kenny smith;818348
Do any one have a complete new or old program of this audition 4?
Try one of these on the EAB file server: http://www.grandis.nu:81/eabsearch/search.php?_search_=1&search=audition&category_id=&exclude=&limit=

Offline kenny smithTopic starter

• S.A.C.C.
  • i am in sacc.org
    • Show only replies by kenny smith
please help me to work out this issue with a gvp controller card?
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 11:30:17 PM »
first of all tell me how many hard drives can the gvp controller card work with?
i have a 2.1Gb hard drive that have a error in a part of the disks in the drive?
number 2 drive has about the same issue but i can't get the card to see the drive.
i do not have no program that can see the issue in the hard drive.
can any one give me any ideas of where or what to do with this?

See i am in the sacramento amiga computer club and i have a job of checking out over 5000 floppy disks and i can't do my job if i can't get the hard drive to work right. I am useing 3.1 so. And i have a 68040 gvp controller card.

Offline SACC-guy

Re: please help me to work out this issue with a gvp controller card?
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 12:26:31 AM »
Kenny,
I think it's great your're posting after all these years...

I also thought, SACC (George) fixed the GVP card at the last meeting.
I also remember setting up a HDTools for  the gvp scsi controller on the 040 card.
I also remember the drives had issues...?

What happened?

Either way just bring your 2000 setup to the Jan (SACC Business )meeting
and we will try again.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 12:55:21 AM »
Most SCSI controllers can support up to seven devices. However if your existing disks already have errors you'd probably be better off to replace with one of the many CF or SD solutions, instead.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 01:00:04 AM by Oldsmobile_Mike »
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Castellen

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 01:26:47 AM »
+1 on Oldsmobile_Mike's comments.  The SCSI2SD solution would seem a good starting point.

If you have read/write errors on multiple drives like this, it suggests a SCSI termination problem.

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 01:58:53 AM »
Most certainly, do NOT DEPEND ON HARD DRIVES.

The solid state technology is here. Use it. Some of this stuff should be good for storing records for over a century, more so on SD cards than USB.

Sooner or later, the drives with moving parts will stop spinning. Friction. For a 2 gig drive to have lasted is a damn fine innings, but it's time is near, by the sound of it.

Either that or the terminator is loose, but you get my drift - backup to solid state tech, and run from different solid state tech, and your Amiga is a LOT more reliable. And should stay that way a lot longer too.
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 05:14:35 AM »
Not necessarily true. In fact given solid state hardware has limited times it can be written to, I'm more inclined to trust hard drives for important, long term back ups.
They're also safer when it comes to recovering data when things go bad.
With solid state there's the risk of corrupt media meaning data is gone for good. With magnetic media there's more you can do should things go bad.

There's also the fact that controllers are limiting speed on the Amiga, so there's little performance to gain.
Ironically, despite this I actually use solid state hardware in my Amiga. I don't trust it like I do a magnetic hard drive though. Had just as many SD/cf cards die on me (and as a result lost everything with no way to recover) as I have "traditional" drives, despite the fact the medium has been in use for a competitively short length of time. I was also able to recover a decent chunk of data from magnetic drives that have died. (Been pretty lucky though that in the 30 or so years I've been using them I've only lost 4 in total. 2 HDDs, 2 ssds).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:23:01 AM by fishy_fiz »
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 05:22:05 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;818679
Not necessarily true. In fact given solid state hardware limited times it can be written to, I'm more inclined to trust hard drives for important back ups.
They're also safer when it comes to recovering data when things go bad.
With solid state there's the risk of corrupt media meaning data is gone for good. With magnetic media there's more you can do should things go bad.

There's also the fact that controllers are limiting speed on the Amiga, so there's little performance to gain.

Well, I disagree. For two main reasons. First, you can write protect an SD card. Second, SD cards do not have issues with local magnetic fields, or earthquakes, which is kind of of an issue if you live in certain parts of the world like Sacramento.

It's true that SD cards won't work to full speed connected to most Amigas, and the actual speed you can get get is throttled badly with some SCSI stuff because it's limited to asynchronous mode. To about 2.5 MB/S.

You can get maybe 16 and some out of some arrangements on IDE, and I think the ceiling is about 20 MB/S. Maybe some ultra fast and wide arrangements can go faster again, but I think there's a limit to the throughput of any sort of native Amiga interface. More so on GVP, maybe, but it's not the worst either. I've no idea what the OP's machine is really like, from the post anyway.

How well the Amiga controller handles solid-state storage is an issue. That's true.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:26:11 AM by Pat the Cat »

Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 05:43:49 AM »
I've heard of a few Amiga users getting 30-40MB/s with some of the ultra-rare and pricey controllers. 5-10 is probably closer to the theoretical limit for the "average joe", and much less for most GVP hardware. OP states that he has "a GVP controller", but no actual details such as the model number or ROM version.

In any case, throughput maximums for GVP hardware are a quantifiable number, all published here:

http://babel.de/amiga.html

Enjoy! :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:49:31 AM by Oldsmobile_Mike »

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 07:25:25 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;818681
I've heard of a few Amiga users getting 30-40MB/s with some of the ultra-rare and pricey controllers. 5-10 is probably closer to the theoretical limit for the "average joe", and much less for most GVP hardware. OP states that he has "a GVP controller", but no actual details such as the model number or ROM version.

In any case, throughput maximums for GVP hardware are a quantifiable number, all published here:

http://babel.de/amiga.html

Enjoy! :)

Yeah, I'm kind of limited on controller speed. Got a choice of either Squirrel into A1200 or A570 into an A500. They're both kind of "meh". 16 bit access, so I'll be transfer limited at the lower end. Both are vanilla anyway, and need a little attention.

Until I maybe get get a Terriblefile A500 accelerator built, with a working IDE port. That might go faster than either SCSI option, with regard to solid state media. We'll see how that pans out.