Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New games for the AMIGAAAAAAAAAAA  (Read 4681 times)

Description:

Offline Buzzfuzz

• Show only replies by Buzzfuzz
Re: New games for the AMIGAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #29 from previous page: February 05, 2011, 02:42:09 PM »
Quote from: ElPolloDiabl;612643
If someone has upset you... take a 2 minute break from the computer and cool down before deciding to respond.

Yeah, Amen :)

Ontopic:

But is anyone going to create these games ?
Realisticly I don't think so.
Wishlist: A3500, A2500UX

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 02:53:25 PM »
Quote from: mingle;612652
As long as these new games really push the Amiga hardware and offer something new and better than the great commercial releases of the past, then fine, otherwise one might just ask "Why?"

Oh, and I'd love to see more classic arcade conversions - like Rolling Thunder, but done PROPERLY this time! :-)

Mike.

I am 'working on' 2 games. One is a Sega sprite scaler but with superior graphics which counts. Second is a 3D shootem up from a fake game shown in an 80s TV show but hell I like it :roflmao:

I am also working on some pre-calculated theories for an A500/1200 wolfenstein style FPS. After all that I may do a 1 level SF2 demo in 256 colours with arcade sourced graphics just to see how bad US Gold botched it.

I don't expect everyone to like them but I am doing them for free and because I want to see them exist :)

As to offensive comments being bandied about here.....I will let my games speak for me.

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 03:04:05 PM »
Quote from: Khephren;612659
Yeah, sorry one and all. He posts a lot of stuff that gets on my tits, and is just outright rude.
I'll shut my cakehole.

lol nah man keepit up, he's bum chums with one of the mods here that's the only reason he got unbanned because he is always negative, never has a single comment worth reading or only posts off topic bollox to derail some excellent threads.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 03:17:47 PM by Digiman »

Offline Templario

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 04:11:31 PM »
All genres, because the best is we will have new Amiga games.
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9

Offline ArkhanTopic starter

• Show only replies by Arkhan
    • http://www.aetherbyte.com
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2011, 05:47:31 PM »
Quote from: ElPolloDiabl;612643
Just a reminder: It's pretty easy to type some words on a keyboard. You would probably find the person is a snivelling coward in real life. Likely to attack you by stalking, spamming or viruses not fisticuffs.
If someone has upset you... take a 2 minute break from the computer and cool down before deciding to respond.

You'll find I'm no sniveling coward and will say whatever is on my mind to whoever I'm talking to.  I don't know what the purpose of bringing up fists is though.  Taking verbal discussions, no matter how heated or how "rude" it is, to physical attacks, is retarded.  Don't do that.

Quote from: salax54;612636
You just can't keep it polite, can you?....
*whaaaa whaaaa*  Life sucks, get a helmet.  Contribute to the talking, or go be an irrelevant sissy in another thread. :)

Quote from: pVC;612640
What a dumb poll. I don't want anything of those, but I want top down racers, strategy games, peaceful building/growing games (where you grow cities, imperium, roads, grass, snails or similar stuff) and all should be multiplayer games (serial, tcp, local).

(I didn't vote)
I'm sorry you feel it's dumb, seriously..   I don't like top down racers or building/growing games... so I don't really feel like making stuff I don't like. Also, you can see what I mentioned about doing strategy games...

I know I'm basically giving some people the shaft since I don't like racing, sports, or building/growing games... but, if I try to make any of these games, they will likely suck since I will not be enjoying it while working on it.

Quote from: mingle;612652
As long as these new games really push the Amiga hardware and offer something new and better than the great commercial releases of the past, then fine, otherwise one might just ask "Why?"
Well a lot of the hardware pushing is going to be up to pixel-dude.  If I myself am the one forced to do the art, run away screaming.  It ain't going to look good.  Parallax and shit is pretty easy to do from a code stand point.  Drawing it?  Impossible! (For me!)

You'll also find that things go one of two ways.

1) Game comes out relatively quickly, and is average/OK, usually fun, for a homebrew effort

2) Game takes like 8 years to come out, lots of drama, empty promises, delays, problems, and nonsense occur, and then... if the game comes out, it's pretty commercial-quality..... but took 8 frigging years.   No ones getting paid like the commercial developers were.  A steady paycheck for the effort is a nice motivator, and a reason to keep working.  Often, coding projects turn into all nighters, etc.   When you have a real job too, this is not really possible.

Quote from: Khephren;612659
Yeah, sorry one and all. He posts a lot of stuff that gets on my tits, and is just outright rude.
Sissy. Toughen up.  If you don't like it, oh well.  Don't post in the thread.

I'll shut my cakehole.
Please do.  At least when I'm being a "twat", I keep it thread-relevant.

Quote from: Buzzfuzz;612666

But is anyone going to create these games ?
Realisticly I don't think so.
Well, I would like to work on something, but if a ton of people are going to keep being pee-pants because I'm rude/not polite/a twat/whatever, then I will take my coding elsewhere.

When did everyone turn into such lightweights! :furious:

Quote from: Digiman;612668
lol nah man keepit up, he's bum chums with one of the mods here that's the only reason he got unbanned because he is always negative, never has a single comment worth reading or only posts off topic bollox to derail some excellent threads.
I'm not friends with any of the mods.  Might want to stop making stuff up.  I got banned for 72 hours for "rampant profanity" because someone complained. As for negative, worthless, off topic....... maybe to you?  Maybe sometimes?   Whatever.  I don't care what you think, especially if you're going to be an elitist toolbag. :)

Quote from: Templario;612682
All genres, because the best is we will have new Amiga games.
Yeah, that was my thinking too.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:59:45 PM by Arkhan »
I am a negative, rude, prick.  

"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:

Offline ChaosLord

• Show only replies by ChaosLord
    • http://totalchaoseng.dbv.pl/news.php
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 06:09:33 PM »
I was having a weird sense of Deja Vu...
A guy with a mouth who has never coded an Amiga game and only does PC Engine games so far, asking what kind of games people want to play while advertising a website that has nothing to do with Amiga.  Hmmmm.... it all seems so familiar...

Aha!
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52269

:)

So which game have you been working on these last 10 months?
You can tell us. :)

How do you feel about Turrican?
Wanna try a wonderfull strategy game with lots of handdrawn anims,
Magic Spells and Monsters, Incredible playability and lastability,
English speech, etc. Total Chaos AGA

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »
Quote from: ChaosLord;612723
I was having a weird sense of Deja Vu...
A guy with a mouth who has never coded an Amiga game and only does PC Engine games so far, asking what kind of games people want to play while advertising a website that has nothing to do with Amiga.  Hmmmm.... it all seems so familiar...

I don't just do PC Engine.  I've just only released a PC Engine game (The first for the console in 10 years, and the only one with working chiptunes).  

The other stuff (MSX) is dopey for-fun stuff that I didn't release.  Something for the MSX is being worked on though, that will actually be released. :)

As for the website.  Uh, it will have an Amiga button added when I start an Amiga game project.  I am thinking about the Amiga since I like 68k but don't like the Genesis' color limitations.  First I need to get an Amiga1200 up and going again.  The A4000 I had at the time was annoying/clunky/big so I got rid of it.

Aha!
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52269
:)

Oh yeah, I guess I did ask this before! :)  I thought I did.  Oh well.  It's not like discussing isn't happening amidst all the whining.

So which game have you been working on these last 10 months?
You can tell us. :)

my PC Engine retrocade compilation.  It's right on the friggin website.  Theres a youtube video post right there, first thing when you get to the site! :)

Theres that game, along with the rest with prototypes/stuff:

The skate or die 2 game needs art, more tricks added, and play testing/control tuning.  No sense in showing videos since it currently uses the Skate or Die 2 graphics, so it's not very exciting.  I don't want to show a tech-demo looking thing with ripped graphics.

The Jungle Hunt clone needs more art (The BG artist is on hiatus for a bit and may be replaced).  It's got a bit of a spin to the vine portion of the game that makes it more challenging than the original.  Pretty fun.

Defender clone (My favorite): The current in-the-works project, has some killer art / parallax, and should have a playable demo ready to show off to people by the local CCAG show in June by my house.  I'm keeping it under wraps until then.  I don't want to blow my load prematurely on that one. :D

Insanity (berzerk clone) multiplayer.  Groundwork has been laid for implanting 5 player support into the original.  That's basically a weekend-long project since the entire games already done.

A secret, unmentioned game, is 100% done.  It's a neat homage to something classic.

MSX2 game

Porting Insanity to the Xbox 360 (85%+ done)

So, yeah, I have been working on stuff?   You are acting like I am not doing anything.  I am just contemplating the Amiga and haven't fully committed yet.

How do you feel about Turrican?

I still don't like it.  I'm sorry.

"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:

Offline Buzzfuzz

• Show only replies by Buzzfuzz
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 06:52:12 PM »
Quote from: Arkhan;612717

Well, I would like to work on something, but if a ton of people are going to keep being pee-pants because I'm rude/not polite/a twat/whatever, then I will take my coding elsewhere.

When did everyone turn into such lightweights! :furious:

I'm beginning to understand why people react to these kind of things, but to put it friendly, I'm no lightweight at all!
I may not be good in coding, but I've played tons of Amiga games, even did some testing.

But to put it down a bit harder, if I were a moderator, this would be topic closed.
It's always :griping: here.
Wishlist: A3500, A2500UX

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 06:58:46 PM »
Quote from: Buzzfuzz;612743
I'm beginning to understand why people react to these kind of things, but to put it friendly, I'm no lightweight at all!
I may not be good in coding, but I've played tons of Amiga games, even did some testing.

So far the trend is leaning towards RPGs.  Which is good since I like RPGs, but bad since christ, they're the most involved project.  Everyone makes an RPG homebrew, and 5% of them see completion.  It's not like I don't have an epic RPG planned out in notebooks that has never been coded since I have no artist for it, etc. :D

Now, what about Japanese style ones like Dragon Quest?  Or does this crowd generally only like the Ultima/D&D style adventures?

Amiga does have a definite lack of Japanese style games.

But to put it down a bit harder, if I were a moderator, this would be topic closed.
It's always :griping: here.

I didn't ask people to come in and piss and moan because they've got tissue paper for skin. :)  We're not babies.  The real worlds a tough place.  What do these people do in the real world when people are blunt/abrasive/stuff?  Do they plug their ears and run away?

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 07:30:08 PM »
Quote from: Arkhan;612749
It's not like I don't have an epic RPG planned out in notebooks that has never been coded since I have no artist for it, etc. :D
I think any aspiring game programmer has half a dozen of these projects; I know I do ;)

Now, what about Japanese style ones like Dragon Quest?  Or does this crowd generally only like the Ultima/D&D style adventures?

Amiga does have a definite lack of Japanese style games.
I'm good with either, but I do have a preference for the JRPG style. The problem is that most homebrew JRPG-style projects tend to copy the "the gameplay is something to keep you busy in between massive cutscenes" trend of recent Squeenix titles :( I'd like to see something more along the lines of Final Fantasy V and various Nippon Ichi titles like the Disgaea series, where there's a lot of in-depth game content that's not just an afterthough while the developer shoves their sprite movie at you.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 07:34:44 PM »
My RPG story has evolved from an Ultima-esque adventure, to an Ys style adventure.

and then broke into two separate stories.  One of the Ultima variety and one of the Ys variety.   Theres alot of stuff in all these notebooks.  Class was boring growing up, hah.

Ultima III on NES really was great, I'd like to make a game like that if it were an RPG.   It's the perfect blend of first person dungeons, and overhead interaction, without being overwhelming or tedious.

Didn't you say you were working on an MSX1 game? :D

Offline commodorejohn

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2011, 07:45:56 PM »
Quote from: Arkhan;612772
Didn't you say you were working on an MSX1 game? :D
I will be when MSXdev 2011 starts up - I've just been doing a little brainstorming beforehand. Not going to be a JRPG epic, though - I only have 128KB to work with!

I do have an RPG project I've been toying with for some years now, doing music and character designs and plot scribblings, but I haven't yet made a serious effort at making it. I think it'd be a NES/Famicom title, with an upgraded Amiga port. Kind of a mix of Shadowrun, H.P. Lovecraft, and That Hideous Strength...god, I'm such a nerd ;)
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 07:58:47 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;612775
I will be when MSXdev 2011 starts up - I've just been doing a little brainstorming beforehand. Not going to be a JRPG epic, though - I only have 128KB to work with!

I do have an RPG project I've been toying with for some years now, doing music and character designs and plot scribblings, but I haven't yet made a serious effort at making it. I think it'd be a NES/Famicom title, with an upgraded Amiga port. Kind of a mix of Shadowrun, H.P. Lovecraft, and That Hideous Strength...god, I'm such a nerd ;)

I was doing MSXDEV but got talked into moving to MSX2 instead since my fellow devvers made an interesting point, theres tons of MSX1 games released, and not alot of MSX2 ones.   So I just upped the graphics and moved my plans to the MSX2 :D

I am way better at MSX1 art though.  Monochrome + sucking = acceptable!

My RPG is a mix of scifi/fantasy.  I had ideas for an occult sequel.  There arent enough occult games!

Offline commodorejohn

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 08:05:31 PM »
Yeah, I'm going with MSX1 more because screen mode 2 (the tiles with two colors per line) is a major part of the MSX "look" to me - besides, I can still use some MSX2 improvements like a tweaked palette and nicer sprites, as long as I keep it backwards-compatible.

Maybe I'll finally take a stab at the RPG project once MSXdev is over...

Offline orb85750

• Show only replies by orb85750
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 08:07:23 PM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;612564
I voted RPG but my preferred answer would have been "Yes, Please!"  Also, to save times, can they be programmed to check ocs/ecs/aga status and play nice accordingly?

+1

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 08:08:08 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;612782
Yeah, I'm going with MSX1 more because screen mode 2 (the tiles with two colors per line) is a major part of the MSX "look" to me - besides, I can still use some MSX2 improvements like a tweaked palette and nicer sprites, as long as I keep it backwards-compatible.

Maybe I'll finally take a stab at the RPG project once MSXdev is over...

careful.  They test everything on an MSX1, so if it doesn't run on real hardware, you get laughed at and such.

Retaliot last year had fatal issues like that.

I'm more for the 16 color screen5 stuff.  The dithering makes me happy