Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: List of Compatible Graphics Cards for AmigaOS 4.x  (Read 925 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaOldskoolerTopic starter

• a.k.a Puni/Void
    • Show only replies by AmigaOldskooler
    • Old School Game Blog
List of Compatible Graphics Cards for AmigaOS 4.x
« on: May 31, 2020, 09:20:24 AM »
Hi guys,

It looks like quite a few people have problems finding compatible graphics cards for our AmigaOS 4 setups, myself included. Already made a bad purchase myself, and recently I read that the same happened to Dirkzwager.

There are a lot of threads on various forums where people discuss which graphics card fits which machine. Some work on X1000 and X5000, but not on Sam460 and so forth.

Therefore, wouldn't it be great if we had an updated list of what works or not with the various configurations?

I'm going to make a page on my blog dedicated to this, listing working setups. But to be able to do this, I do need some input from users out there.

If you want to help, I'd be very grateful if you could post what kind of AmigaOS 4 setup(s) you have and what graphics card you use.

Hopefully this will make it easier for people to find a compatible graphics card for their computer.

Thanks in advance.  :)

Offline TribbleSmasher

Re: List of Compatible Graphics Cards for AmigaOS 4.x
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 10:03:11 AM »
I am pretty sure there was a list on Hans de Ruiter's website, and it makes sense because he also wrote the HD drivers.
https://keasigmadelta.com/
It's been rebuild, so i cannot find it anymore but it is there...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:04:27 AM by TribbleSmasher »

Offline AmigaOldskoolerTopic starter

• a.k.a Puni/Void
    • Show only replies by AmigaOldskooler
    • Old School Game Blog
Re: List of Compatible Graphics Cards for AmigaOS 4.x
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 10:07:54 AM »
Yes, you are right, but it lists graphics cards and if they are working with the RadeonHD driver or not. This list will deal with all AmigaOS 4.x configs, also those without RadeonHD driver. Most of the results are not linked to a specific kind of motherboard/system. A user on Amigaworld for example, looked at this list and bought a card, but turns out it does not work on his config (Sam460ex), but probably on AmigaOne X5000. Therefore thought it would be good with an updated list combining system, OS, driver and graphics card. :)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:09:48 AM by AmigaOldskooler »