Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Elbox's Spider II and Amithlon - caveat  (Read 2677 times)

Description:

Offline bhoggettTopic starter

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
Re: Elbox's Spider II and Amithlon - caveat
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 02, 2003, 06:40:58 PM »
@tjaoz

All the files, which are parts of the Amithlon package (including powerpci.library) should be delivered by the Amithlon supplier. Is it not obvious for you?

Are you utterly DENSE, as well as misinformed?

The powerpci.library 2.11 is NOT part of the Amithlon package, not is it part of the updates. When Elbox released the Amithlon divers for the Spider, this library was not available for anywhere on the net.

You're full of lies and BS. I remember you now, Mr Rat. You're the one posting fabricated accusations against anyone whoever criticises Elbox in any way, and you support the inclusion of hostile virii in Elbox' commercial software.
Bill Hoggett

Offline tjaoz

• Show only replies by tjaoz
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2003, 07:44:44 PM »
@kolla

Ofcourse, as the Spider is just a NEC card with a sticker on
You are wrong.
NEC does not produce USB PCI cards at all. NEC produces USB 2.0 chipsets, which are used by many different USB card manufacturers. Each manufacturer provides their own drivers supporting only their own cards.

Offline tjaoz

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2003, 07:48:23 PM »
@zacman

So it doesn't work with the old version anymore  
It works with old versions.

Remember there is no right for getting updates for
free.

In case of a commercial product, if a producer is making product bugfixes available in the public, the supplier must not ban access to them to selected clients according to his whims.

Such discrimination of clients is against the European law. I made the complain to the consumer organization in the seller's country and they will look into this case.

Offline tjaoz

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2003, 08:05:27 PM »
@Bill Hoggett

Are you utterly DENSE, as well as misinformed?

Why such impertinence?
It seems that you have problems with understanding the sentence to which you are responding. Read it once again, and hope you will understand it: 'All the files, which are parts of the Amithlon package (including powerpci.library) should be delivered by the Amithlon supplier. Is it not obvious for you?'

I did not mention any specific version, can't you see it?

The powerpci.library 2.11 is NOT part of the Amithlon package, not is it part of the updates.
Powerpci.library was always part of the Amithlon package.
The current version of this library is available at http://www.vmc.de/amithlon/ger_ami_soft.html

Is it still a problem for you?

You're full of lies and BS. I remember you now, Mr Rat. You're the one posting fabricated accusations against anyone whoever criticises Elbox in any way, and you support the inclusion of hostile virii in Elbox' commercial software.
If you have no reasonable arguments, you will write such offensive sentences.

Offline bhoggettTopic starter

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2003, 09:18:16 PM »
@tjaoz

Why such impertinence?

Listen, buster, you accused me of writing rubbish when I suggested that any drivers should come will all needed libraries that they need which are not available as part of the standard platform distribution they are targetting. You accused me. Don't come with the impertinence accusations with me.

It seems that you have problems with understanding the sentence to which you are responding. Read it once again, and hope you will understand it: 'All the files, which are parts of the Amithlon package (including powerpci.library) should be delivered by the Amithlon supplier. Is it not obvious for you?'

No, you were avoiding the issue, because the specific version is crucial here.

Powerpci.library was always part of the Amithlon package.

Not v2.11. Nor was that version supplied with any of the updates.
The current version of this library is available at http://www.vmc.de/amithlon/ger_ami_soft.html

It wasn't there when I posted my original message, and it wasn't there on April 1st when Elbox announced the Amithlon drivers.

If you have no reasonable arguments, you will write such offensive sentences.

When people are as offensive as you are, they get treated in kind. No part of my original message was inaccurate at the time of writing, so take your vitriol elsewhere.

When Elbox released their driver the library it required was not publically available anywhere. End of story.
Bill Hoggett

Offline kolla

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2003, 01:35:48 AM »

tjaoz wrote:
@kolla

Ofcourse, as the Spider is just a NEC card with a sticker on
You are wrong.
NEC does not produce USB PCI cards at all. NEC produces USB 2.0 chipsets, which are used by many different USB card manufacturers. Each manufacturer provides their own drivers supporting only their own cards.

Well, that is exactly what I meant with "a NEC card", funny how identical this card is with a certain other card, the NEC reference board for that chipset, a board that NEC indeed produced. I sit here with the Spider card infront of me, and the only "elbox" thing about it are the stickers.

As for drivers - are you suggesting that _only_ Elbox drivers will work with this card? What if someone wrote a EHCI driver with generic NEC support, including the µPD720100 used on the previous Spider cards? Any reason they would not work on Spider :-)
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox