Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Outsiders view of Amiga Community  (Read 3317 times)

Description:

Outsiders view of Amiga Community
« on: June 11, 2003, 11:23:05 AM »

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
Re: Outsiders view of Amiga Community
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 12:39:32 PM »
The domain name and the subject line are conflicting somewhat.

Offline DaveP

• Show only replies by DaveP
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 12:46:44 PM »
Yeah ha ha ha, lets find a forum post where someone slags of the A1 and post it as a forum topic ha ha ha ha. Its only a shame we couldn't post it as news ha ha ha.

Sure we KNOW the A1 is "expensive" but the as of the moment vapourware PegasosII ain't been released yet.

Given they are considering a similar idea as to what has happened with Amiga ( bringing something off the shelf out and making it look and feel Atari ) I think its more of an endorsement.

Frankly I don't think it really matters what an atari fan site thinks of the new AmigaONEs at the moment. What matters is getting AOS4 out on A1 and seeing what happens next.
Hate figure. :lol:

Offline Warface

• Show only replies by Warface
    • http://www.spacehawks.hu
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 12:49:36 PM »
and seeing what happens next.

Am I the only one thinking that it resembles to Dr. Sid from Final Fantasy? :-)

Offline meerschaum

• Show only replies by meerschaum
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 12:51:03 PM »
WaffleOne isnt vapor?... mwhahahahaaha... when it gets WaffleOS4 on it I'll believe it...
Genesi so far has been able to deliver T-Shirts, a Board, an OS and of course there hasnt been any question of who's in charge at Genesi...
on the other hand? Amiga.inc ?... gimme a freakin break... calling Peg2 vapor and trying to defend an Amiga.inc camp innovation? hahahahahaah

as always... 100% opinon

Offline DaveP

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 12:57:29 PM »
I think you need to go look up what vapourware means.

"vapor and trying to defend an Amiga.inc camp innovation"

Oh terrible me for not having the same opinion as mips proc! Slap me right now!

Genesi has so far been able to deliver T-shirts, a buggy board that hasn't made it out of beta, a buggy OS that hasn't made it out of beta.

But this being a mips_proc thread, lets bring Amiga Inc right into this, it will give you something juicy to slag off.

Offline gary_c

• Show only replies by gary_c
    • http://www.cunningham-lee.com
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 01:10:30 PM »
Genesi has so far been able to deliver T-shirts, a buggy board that hasn't made it out of beta, a buggy OS that hasn't made it out of beta.

Why the animosity, DaveP? It's odd how your position keeps jumping around depending on the thread or forum. A buggy board? You're kidding, right? The Pegasos is perfectly useable; it's fixed. Remember that whole, expensive replacement campaign for the (actual) beta boards. The boards with the April fix are fine, really. But it's true that the new boards are upgraded. Your characterization is way off base, and I assume you know that already and are just playing games here.

A buggy OS? OK, it's an early release and there's missing functionality, etc., but buggy? Again, you're playing some kind of goofy provocation game here.

There are enough guys slagging off on one side or the other without you jumping in with these little mindgames.

-- gary_c

Offline DaveP

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 01:17:18 PM »
Gary

Its a retaliation game, yes. Abso-bloody-lutely. I am hoping that if I reply in a similar vein to Mips he might get the point and quit with it right here and now. However given you only got half the point so far I hold out no hope for mips.

However Id like you to explain your second sentence with references please. My position does not change on this lot at all.

However there is some factual accuracy:

1. Bill Buck claimed that the April 1 fix did not fix everything and nor did April 2, thats in the FAQ. He also claimed that G4 wouldn't work with the Articia S even with the April fixes. It is by their own acknowledgement a BETATESTER. So that much is true. But then the A1XEs that people have are fine, really. Get the point yet?

2. MOS you agree with and its BETA. So that much is true. Are you saying there are no bugs in 1.4? Or are all bugs "missing features"?

So, no bad characterisation so far.. ..maybe I just said something you didn't like hmmm?

(edit)Oh and the animousity is towards this tendancy of finding some reason to start a "lets slag off the A1" thread and of course to mips for whom I have no respect whatsoever.

Regards

Dave.

Offline Warface

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 01:37:29 PM »
Fair nuff.

I am hoping that if I reply in a similar vein to Mips he might get the point and quit with it right here and now.

It's pretty improbable. Answers like that to flamebaits are  just more fuel to the flame.

In theory...

Will AmigaONE be less fawlty if Pegasos is fawlty too? Will AmigaOS4 arrive sooner if MOS 1.4 has bugs?

I pretty much doubt that. P-O-I-N-T-L-E-S-S bickering.

Offline Warface

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2003, 01:39:00 PM »
Not to mention this time you went OFF TOPIC. Now we are in orbit, how cool... :-)

Offline DaveP

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2003, 01:40:23 PM »

Will AmigaONE be less fawlty if Pegasos is fawlty too? Will AmigaOS4 arrive sooner if MOS 1.4 has bugs?

I pretty much doubt that. P-O-I-N-T-L-E-S-S bickering.

Absolutely.

Offline Lando

• Show only replies by Lando
    • https://bartechtv.com
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2003, 01:42:37 PM »
@DaveP

You think you could at least make an attempt to lay off the flames, trolling and personal insults for just one thread?

I know it's hard to change the habits of a lifetime but you never know, people may have a little more respect for your opinions (and that's all they are) if you phrase them in a more respectable manner.

In short, grow up.

Offline Warface

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2003, 01:43:38 PM »
I should have added but will do now: this applies for the Pegasos->AmigaONE, MOS->OS4 directions too. :-)

Offline DaveP

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2003, 01:46:56 PM »
@Lando

Reread please. Then apologise.

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2003, 01:57:22 PM »
Genesi so far has been able to deliver T-Shirts

Too right, provided they can produce T-shirts, who cares if the hardware's any good....
I like Amigas