Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vampire 600: FPGA A600 Accelerator Preorder  (Read 8430 times)

Description:

Offline Blizz1220

• Show only replies by Blizz1220
Re: Vampire 600: FPGA A600 Accelerator Preorder
« Reply #59 from previous page: August 13, 2013, 02:48:54 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;744461
Kalms released code that does chunky-planar faster than Akiko could do it. lol

http://code.google.com/p/unitedstatesofamiga/downloads/list

Akiko was actually quite good little thing ...

AB3D on Amiga CD32 ran playable with poor 020 14Mhz and no fast ram
involved ...

It's probably beaten by 030 with some fast ram though ...

Offline majsta

• Show only replies by majsta
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2013, 07:48:44 PM »
@NovaCoder I was able to run it at 14.34Mips as I recall but it was not so stable. I left that code to wait until I get everything stable so I will back to that in matter of days to see what was wrong. I think that most of the problems was related to metastability and chip ram accesses and since i have solved that it shouldn't be such problem to get it working at higher Mips.

I have no idea how you create such wonderful ports but I would like to try something on my configuration, maybe then we could see real testings from this accelerator.

Offline vox

• Show only replies by vox
    • http://anticusa.wordpress.com
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2013, 06:24:42 AM »
Quote from: SysAdmin;744250
News from Djole

http://www.majsta.com/

Ok now is the time to investigate how many people are interested in Vampire 600 so I can determine how much boards to produce. If you are interested send me Mail.

Price: 90Euros + shipping

What you get:
CPU: FPGA emulated MC68000 or MC68010 or partially emulated MC68020(your choice)
Performance: More than 6Mips
Memory: 64MB of FastRam (Zorro III space)
Autoconfig: 32MB( for now)
PCMCIA friendly: Yes

UPDATE: August 8, 2013
Now board is 32MB autoconfig. But, haters gotta hate. It is just interesting to me what I read on various forums. There are so much people who would like to see all of this fall down, and never see real success. Why? Just so they can say "I told you that all of this will be failure". I don't know the reason for all of this but those days I realized one thing. That Amiga is not destroyed just because company died. Amiga is destroyed by developers and resellers wanted to earn huge money from Amiga name. Like vultures various people are sending me bunch of mails wanting to increase price of the boards and to resell them. Proposal prices about 200Euros :) Let me say this. If I ever seen that someone sells this card for some incredible high price I will stop him by putting tons of boards for sale at manufacturing cost. No more exploiting Amiga scene from now!!! Here is what I said one of the supporters of this project yesterday. Yes I received lot of mails for some proposals. Resellers, manufacturers all of them wanna make money and increase price and benefit from this. I will fool them all open-sourcing everything. I will survive alone and do everything alone and my work will be free and I will send lot of boards for free to people and PCB also. I m waiting just for another money transfer from my government. I'm in a mission remember. With true Amiga spirit.

Well, why not offering resellers, once you meet basic supply. AmigaKit and few survivors are not vultures of Commodore era (remember Amiga Center - fat man from Zemun charging Amigas +100%).

My compliments Djole, fastest A600 accel, made in Serbia :-)

Great accomplishment, however looking at surving classic users, A1200 accel. would be real big boom!

Now, keep chanting "Djole, Djole, Majsta, Majsta" (Majsta is kind of jargon for master craftsmen)
Future Acube and MOS supporter, fi di good, nothing fi di unprofessionals. Learn it harder way! http://www.youtube.com/user/rasvoja and https://www.facebook.com/rasvoja

Offline Djole

• Show only replies by Djole
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2013, 08:56:29 AM »
@Vox

I am not part of the project I just posted the news and I have the privilege to know the author.
A1200 030
A1200 stock
A600 Vampire v2

VOLIM TE REPUBLIKO SRPSKA!
[/B][/COLOR]

Offline Lord Aga

• Show only replies by Lord Aga
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2013, 10:41:36 AM »
Quote from: vox;744669
(remember Amiga Center - fat man from Zemun charging Amigas +100%).

Dzebeli is a legend of Serbian Amiga scene :)
Yes, all Amiga hardware was overpriced here, but such is life...
Glory to the loud-mouthed Scotsman !