Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Directly towards Amiga.Org  (Read 10477 times)

Description:

Offline StarkeTopic starter

• Show only replies by Starke
Directly towards Amiga.Org
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:36:09 PM »
Dear Amiga.org,

I think we should setup an Email listing to all those who actually wish to Support Amiga. What you say, whats this, let me explain:

This email listing will then go straight to Amiga Inc and Hyperion, its like letting them know, and making them aware of really, how many around the world would Appreciate the new OS4 and Amiga computers to run this new Amiga standalone Operating system(OS4).

If possible, so I dont have to search for every Amiga site like this out there, we should get into contact with as many Amiga sites that are like yours, and do exactly the same thing, email listing of interest.

Imagine how many people,: the two joint companies,(used to be 4 or 5 joined together with Amiga Inc)would surely start to realise that there is still a market out there for them.

This is half the battle, I bet you Amiga Inc and Hyperion are thinking its an extremely small market, but in reality its not that small yet.

It will be if we dont act on it now. I think this is literally the last shot, before even Amiga Inc and Hyperion decide to Can it, then Amiga will Be canned forever.

Right now it isnt totally canned, thats obvious from what Ive read on the Hyperion website, but anyway, This is just one of the many measures that we should take, asap!

Thank you

Kind Regards

Phillip 8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
Re: Directly towards Amiga.Org
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 01:56:41 PM »
By the sale of the previous A1's I'm sure they got a clear picture of how many or little people were interested.  
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 02:08:27 PM »
But surely this time, everyone on this site and other dideicated Amiga sites for Amiga users, the users themselves would be able to email the company directly also, and tell the companies what we want.

its a clear cut case of, a lot of Amiga enthusiasts, who simply dont want to Have Amiga comeback in any way shape or form, coz if they did, they would've bought the A1's just coz they could, in support Of the name Amiga, and for Amiga Inc and Hyperion to start thinking seriously about Coming back onto the market.

So if what you say is true, which I have no doubt that it is, then why the Fuk do we all even bother keeping any AMIGA.

WE ALL ARE EITHER AMIGA NUTS AND WANT NEW STUFF FROM THESE TWO MASSIVE COMPANIES, OR WE DONT. IF you dont, then dont bother doing anything AMIGA. Thats what I say.

Besides, overall, I still think we should have the email listings, and to do it this year, before April even, or May, or sooner the better.

Then we will see who really is an AMIGIAN and who really wishes for AMIGA to make new OS and software, hardware, computers, and everything else under the sun.

Cheers

AND SUPPORT AMIGA OR GO TO WinIntel.org or whatever.

Thank you for having an open forums, and I only mean well for Amiga Inc and Hyperion to finally place the OS4 with the new Amiga computers onto the market asap, for all Amiga users current, and to potentially grab others new to the Amiga market. 8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »

WE ALL ARE EITHER AMIGA NUTS AND WANT NEW STUFF FROM THESE TWO MASSIVE COMPANIES, OR WE DONT. IF you dont, then dont bother doing anything AMIGA. Thats what I say.

I believe there are hundreds if not thousands of Amiga users who are happy with their old Amigas and not interested in the new stuff.

Besides, overall, I still think we should have the email listings, and to do it this year, before April even, or May, or sooner the better.

Try Team Amiga mailing list. Post yuor thoughts there and ask what Dave Haynie thinks about it (he is active regular on Team Amiga).

Team Amiga
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 02:23:16 PM »

Starke wrote:

This is half the battle, I bet you Amiga Inc and Hyperion are thinking its an extremely small market, but in reality its not that small yet.

Evidence clearly points into the opposite direction, both companies seem to belive they are sitting on a treasure (and are blocking each other from opening it) while they are really just sitting on an old banana-box.
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 02:36:30 PM »
Are you all INSANE?
I dont think there are many Amiga people on this site who actually want newer and better Amigas, but are truly stuck in the past.
If this is the casde, then no wonders Amiga isnt 2nd yet.

Common guys, surely not everyone here is OLD!!!!

And even if most of you are, If you really thought long and hard about it, you would all be in support of a new Amiga COmputer with New OS4 and Amiga orientated programs and software and game goodies.

BUT NO: ALAS: It seems most of you on this site are stuck, and dont wish to have new Amigas, coz your all afraid that this company AMIGA, now AMIGA Inc with Hyperion their brother, may actually make it to be 2nd best in the world.

Even more so, you dont want this to be the case, coz you'd all rather dream about it.

WAKE UP, FATIGUE KILLS.

Seriously people, Support your Amiga Company, regardles your emotions about it, You know supporting the Current Amiga Inc is a better choice than Bill Gates the DikHed.

All those who hate the man, fuel that hate and proove to him that Amiga Inc isnt finished yet.

HELP AMiga Inc, and you will create a better world for your kids

The youngest guy on this site, in support of Amiga, was born in 88. SO PLEASE, do not assume Amiga has no chance for the younger market.

Cheers 8-)

AND SUPPORT OUR PARENT COMPANY, let them know, make them aware that we do want new and better things AMIGA related.
AMIGA will rise!

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 02:38:58 PM »
O.k. who at the mental asylum forgot to close the gate ?
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 02:39:50 PM »
TO ITIX,

Thank you for the link, now I will let my thoughts be heard in even more places, and get more people emailing Amiga Inc, and donating 2 dollars every two weeks from their paychecks towards Amiga Inc and Hyperion.

Cheers  8-)

GO AMIGA, UNIX, ETC, anything but Microsoft, Never actually support them, buy from computer swapmeets and make your own computer, from parts not made by Intel, IBM or Microsoft.
Pis Them Off.
Lets all show them that home users dont want {bleep} on their PC's Amiga, Macs.
AMIGA will rise!

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 02:41:41 PM »
It's a case of Helgis-syndrome.

Offline cpfuture

• Show only replies by cpfuture
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 02:48:38 PM »
I wonder what he's been smoking.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 02:49:40 PM »
I was born in 81, it was another user who was 88.

So Im fine thank you

I am just true to my values, unlike you, who seems to think hes supporting Amiga by using onw, but I havent seen you talk anything positive yet, just like more than half the people on this site.

I think the moderators and webmaster are awesome people though, for creating such a site.

I like it, openess.
Opinions.
But most of all, a bunch of Amiga people, who obviously dont want to do anything about it, and would rather except an Old Amiga, willingly knowing that the future for Amiga Inc and the potential for better Amiga hardware and the rest, will slowly fade away completely, and yet, most of you dont even seem to care.
So why do you even keep it as a hobby then? pis it off, unless your serious about your Amiga, and wish to have also newer computers and os4 and the rest of it, then go to windows, be a brainwashed fish in the sea, following the rest of the crowd, and stop pretending that your an Amiga fan and nut.

Its the same if your a car nut, like me, Im a toyota man through in through. Yes I like Porsche and a few others, but as I have two toyotas, rear wheel, I support the company, and stay true. I let peole know about the pros, and give them websites so they can find out the cons themselves. SIMPLE

Cheers  8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 03:11:15 PM »
I thought I'd never suggest this to anyone, but try amigans.net.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 03:12:04 PM »
Sorry Clown man,

I couldnt resist this banana comment.
You must have some type of communist thinking there or something?
Where the hell did you get the idea from, i wouldnt mind knowing, you sound like a PC man, totally, anyway, I will work with this.

banana box hey, well, did you ever think of supporting the Amiga Inc and Hyperion, and telling everyone you know, once it finally comes out, that they should get one, and tell them the pros about it. And let them read or find out the cons themselves over the Hyperion website?

Also to note, Amiga OS4 is not a banana box, amiga operating systems are still the best out there for video editing and anything that would normally require severe power from any other type of OS or system.

So when Amiga Inc and Hyperion finally come out with the New standalone OS4 with Amiga computer, the newest Amiga computer, then isnt it fair to say, if the market it towards the right crowd about all its benefits, that they are sitting on treasure??

Also a BIGGER note: will you be supporting the Amiga Inc and Hyperion when the new Amiga computer and OS4 come out In Early April(still need to confirm dates)??

And do you know why they havent come out with Amiga's own PDA's and mobiles that would be running a standalone OS4 on them by now, because most AMIGA nuts like youself arent even getting off their butts do buy them in support.Yet alone telling your friend, mates and others about it, and that it is a good idea to support Amiga Inc.

SO

How can all of you expect Amiga Inc, yet alone Amiga to continue on in ful strength in the future, with already its own Amiga supoorters not even supporting them??

Thank you

Kind regards

phillip  8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 03:15:14 PM »
Also to note, Amiga OS4 is not a banana box, amiga operating systems are still the best out there for video editing and anything that would normally require severe power from any other type of OS or system.

Haha.

And do you know why they havent come out with Amiga's own PDA's and mobiles that would be running a standalone OS4 on them by now, because most AMIGA nuts like youself arent even getting off their butts do buy them in support.

Hahaha.

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 03:19:55 PM »
PIRU:
Finally, even you are finally supporting other Amiga users, even those who's desire to help AMiga Inc and the Amiga name, desire being strong, very strong.

Piru:
If enough Amiga users out there here my voice, then more than likely, many may start actually supporting the Amiga properly again.

Thank you for the website link.
You are now seen as some kind of Amiga supporter by me. Apologies to anything that may have been said about the doubt of your support.

Cheers 8-)

And lets all fight with our words to get Amiga Inc and Hyperion into gear and action. Feel free to email them, show your support to the newly found parent company.

Even if this company initially didnt have intention to carry on Amiga, they Obviously still are, even if its not to our liking at the moment.

We just need to help them on this, let them know what would be to our liking, no matter what the odds may be for it to happen, the more people they see in their emails in support, the more likely it'll happen quicker, sooner, faster, better. 8-)
AMIGA will rise!