Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Icaros Desktop 1.3  (Read 9261 times)

Description:

Offline EDanaII

• Show only replies by EDanaII
    • http://www.EdwardGDanaII.info
Re: Icaros Desktop 1.3
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 17, 2011, 02:16:50 PM »
I've used AmiDevCpp, it's decent. But I need a good source-level debugger for the AROS side of things.

There was a guy working on something more robust for AROS, but I'm guessing it got too complicated, life got too busy or both. He hasn't done anything for it in a while. A shame. I'd love to have that, might even pay for it.

Oh well, I'll continue to play with AROS and do what I can when I can. :)
Ed.

Offline trekiejTopic starter

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 03:01:02 PM »
Quote from: EDanaII;645848
I've used AmiDevCpp, it's decent. But I need a good source-level debugger for the AROS side of things.

There was a guy working on something more robust for AROS, but I'm guessing it got too complicated, life got too busy or both. He hasn't done anything for it in a while. A shame. I'd love to have that, might even pay for it.

Oh well, I'll continue to play with AROS and do what I can when I can. :)

Do you remember what the name of the app. was?

There is someone using Pascal as a Rapid Aplication Dev. tool on aros-exec.
I forgot about that one.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline EDanaII

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 05:47:31 PM »
Ganymede IDE. A quick search of the 'Net for "AROS Ganymede" shows that he last reported his progress in October. I haven't found anything since. It's no small undertaking, so he may be balancing it with real life. :) I wish him success. I'd certainly pay for it, if it proves to be worth it.
Ed.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 05:54:17 PM »
Quote from: trekiej;645772
You can delete them out of Grub.conf. Feel free to back up that file first. Commenting them out would be better.
I think it is a '#".

Where can I acess these grub files and then save the changes? I can edit during boot time but can not save my changes.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 06:06:21 PM »
Quote from: EDanaII;645890
Ganymede IDE. A quick search of the 'Net for "AROS Ganymede" shows that he last reported his progress in October. I haven't found anything since. It's no small undertaking, so he may be balancing it with real life. :) I wish him success. I'd certainly pay for it, if it proves to be worth it.

Sounds familiar from aros-exec. Maybe someone could email and see what is up.
What do you think it would be worth?

@XDelusion:
Aros:Boot/Grub/Grub.conf
I believe. I do not have a machine running right now to confirm it.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, 06:37:20 PM »
Cool, I'll look when I get home. Thanks!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline paolone

• Show only replies by paolone
    • http://www.icarosdesktop.org
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, 06:51:38 PM »
Repetita iuvant, ancient romans said.

Please, read the Icaros Desktop user manual, most of the issues I've read here are covered by the documentation, and reading it you would have saved much time and got less problems.

In particular, with virtualization, sound, graphic mode and amibridge setup.
p.bes

Offline EDanaII

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, 07:06:14 PM »
It's possible the Roman's also said "Carpe caseum!" Not that it anything to do with this. :D
Ed.

Offline EDanaII

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2011, 07:15:07 PM »
Quote from: trekiej;645893
What do you think it would be worth?

I suppose that depends on what he produces and what he wants for it. :) Sadly, I wouldn't pay too much, but only because I don't know how much I'd use it. Definitely like to have it, though. That's part of my frustration with the state of Amiga Land, the lack of really good programming tools. I'd love to have Java or Mono, for example...
Ed.

Offline Heiroglyph

• Show only replies by Heiroglyph
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »
Quote from: EDanaII;645908
I suppose that depends on what he produces and what he wants for it. :) Sadly, I wouldn't pay too much, but only because I don't know how much I'd use it. Definitely like to have it, though. That's part of my frustration with the state of Amiga Land, the lack of really good programming tools. I'd love to have Java or Mono, for example...

Amen brother.

I'm cross compiling everything and debugging with printf's and UAE.  It's not fun.

I'd pay well for a good IDE with a GUI debugger.  Visual Studio spoiled me a long time ago so I find even the Linux IDE's lacking in many ways, but anything is better than the current state of things.

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2011, 09:12:57 PM »
An IDE is a needed bounty.

Offline EDanaII

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2011, 12:24:05 AM »
I'm not sure a bounty is needed. :) We got Ganymede, if Proto ever produces it. If not, we got Murks, which is OK... although for someone like me who wants to get to the business of coding rather than learning how to use Murks, not my favorite option. And we got AmiDevCpp, even if we have to use printf statements for debugging.

But I'm with you. Gimme somethin' a little better.

Oh, and I took a closer look at that RAD Pascal you were talking about. Nice, very nice. Definitely have to look even closer at that.

@ Heiroglyph

On the Amiga side, I've had some success with source-level debugging using either SasC or StormC. Biggest problem is having to move the project from AmiDevCpp to one of the others. Not always easy.

But, of course, neither of these options exist for AROS.
Ed.

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2011, 09:11:35 AM »
I thought I would give a Youtube link a try.

[youtube]-w0WAg6kr4M&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 09:35:02 AM by trekiej »

Offline mt12345

• Show only replies by mt12345
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 07:36:46 PM »
Quote from: EDanaII;645774
Speaking for myself, I'm just happy that Icaros 1.3 (appears to) fully support my SL510. I actually have a proper screen, instead of a stretched 1024x768 res. Sound is good. Only issues I've encountered is that some games run kinda choppy. Not a loss for me, since I'm not really much into games anymore. I only wish I could find some decent (reliable) programming tools for it. (Of course, I also wish I could actually invest the time in finding those things... sigh.)

I guess, since AROS finally supports the gfx card on my laptop, it's probably time for another donation...

Kudos to the AROS guys.

No problems so far running  Aros on SL510? Does it crash? What games run choppy?

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2011, 12:36:57 AM »
Edit: Posted in wrong thread.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:24:29 AM by XDelusion »

Offline nicholas

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2011, 12:46:10 AM »
Quote from: EDanaII;645908

Porting something like JamVM would be relatively simple, but it's the huge class libraries that make it a difficult task to have a full Java stack on Amiga OS's.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini