Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: **Help with Apollo 1230 Turbo MK3 (Winner 1230)  (Read 442 times)

Description:

Offline Maverick0394Topic starter

• Show only replies by Maverick0394
**Help with Apollo 1230 Turbo MK3 (Winner 1230)
« on: October 18, 2017, 02:46:39 AM »
Hi, I have a stock Amiga 1200 with an Apollo 1230 installed in the trapdoor. Originally it was an intermittent problem as sometimes the memory installed (8mb) would show up and sometimes it didnt. I tried many different memory sticks and always had the same issue...it was hit or miss. One thing that always worked though was the accelerator portion of the card. Recently though the machine did  not boot up with the card installed, I would have to remove the card to allow the machine to start up. When I remove the card it does feel warm (as if power is getting to it). At this point I don;t know if buying another ram/accelerator will work with the machine (I am not rich$$..lol) or was it the memory card with the problem. Worth mentioning, I am using an Amiga 500 power supply as I;ve heard it supplies more power for memory/additional addons etc. Anyone else have any problems/issues with this card or have any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your time.

**Also may be worth noting there is a 4gb CF card installed as a hard drive but whether it is in or not does not seem to matter**
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:54:26 PM by Maverick0394 »

Offline David Wright

Re: **Help with Apollo 1230 Turbo MK3 (Winner 1230)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 03:19:58 AM »
Wow, just today for me.
Pulled out my 1200 to install new cf ide drive and it would nott boot.
After pulling out my aca 1232 it boots fine, every time reinserting, same problem.

Just went and swapped Psu and it started up instantly. For me I guess it was power supply problem.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 03:29:32 AM by David Wright »