Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS3.9 Boingbag & WinUAE  (Read 10061 times)

Description:

AmigaOS3.9 Boingbag & WinUAE
« on: November 23, 2002, 07:38:18 PM »
I've installed AmigaOS3.9 on my PC using the currnt version of WinUAE. It works except when I try to install the Boingbag updates. I keep getting a message stating it can't get workbench information. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do to fix this?

Offline Thomas

Re: AmigaOS3.9 Boingbag & WinUAE
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2002, 10:08:34 AM »

I've installed both boingbags without any problems. Please post the entire error message.

Bye,
Thomas

Offline Kent

• Show only replies by Kent
    • http://amiga.org/modules/mylinks/visit.php?lid=87
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2002, 10:26:05 AM »
I believe this has something to do with how you have your CD setup.  If the installer cannot see the CD "key" then it will blow off with similar requestors to what you are getting.  The only solution I've found is to install it by hand (a pain in the arse to do, not to mention you have to find a way to get the CD "key" for your disc) or, re setup how your CD drive is accessed by using uaescsi.device.  If that doesn't work, you may have to reinstall OS3.9 to get it to take.

:pint:
I love the modern age world of this middle age crises America... all these SUVs driving around like there\\\'s gas to spare and then some.

http://www.RequestFocus.com

W. Kent Seaton ~ RequestFocus.com

Offline Thomas

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2002, 01:55:30 PM »

This has nothing to do with how the CD-ROM is accessed. The only requisites are:

- all files from the CD must be present (e.g. the multimedia files)
- the volume where the files reside must be named "AmigaOS3.9".

You can add the CD as a harddrive, or copy all files to your harddisk or use uaescsi.device. It really does not matter.

Bye,
Thomas

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 09:46:10 PM »
I really love digging up old threads like this, but this is the only place I found this problem and I am having it, as well.  I just picked up a new 4000D and decided to start from scratch.  Using the 3.9CD I created an emergency-boot disk and put in a new 64GB SSD.  When I try to run the installer from the emergency disk I get the "Can't get Workbench information" requester.

The only thing I can thing that *might* be an issue is I am using asim-atapi.device to run the CD as that's what's installed in the included system load.  I'll try with a different CD driver and see how that works, but if anyone has any experience with this problem I would greatly appreciate some insight.

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 10:34:52 PM »
I overcame the problem by installing 3.1 on the SSD then booting into 3.1 and installing from the live installation.  In this instance I am using the built-in CD0: so Asim could still be the problem, but I suspect it has to do with the live Workbench installation.