Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone completed Bograts?  (Read 1400 times)

Description:

Offline foleyjoTopic starter

• Show only replies by foleyjo
Anyone completed Bograts?
« on: April 21, 2016, 08:13:38 PM »
I've been playing Bograts and I've come to the conclusion it's not meant to be finished.

Firstly it seems the developers got Lazy as some of the levels are repeated but also I keep coming to points where there is a bug that makes a level unbeatable. There will be a switch instead of a key, or switches won't work, or there will be a random ditch in the floor.

I've been swapping save files between 3 different versions of the game, a cracked one with trainer, a cracked without a trainer and a copy of the disks taken from an original copy of the Vulcan mini series cd.

I've finally come to a level near the end of the game where all versions load in the level with a ditch near the end where there is a lever. Pulling the lever makes a set of ladders appear inside a wall. There is no way at all to pass the level without using a level skip cheat.

Has anyone else had this experience or managed to finish the game without problems?

(note my friend has been playing at the same time and he too has had the same problems at one point he had a ditch on a level where I had a switch. When we found a copy that worked there was a key instead)

Offline BozzerBigD

Re: Anyone completed Bograts?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 09:47:36 PM »
Was never a fan of Vulcan's games. Clickboom! was the last quality developer/publisher in the late 90s.
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline Rob

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 08:56:33 PM »
Quote from: BozzerBigD;807405
Was never a fan of Vulcan's games. Clickboom! was the last quality developer/publisher in the late 90s.

There were some top quality games from other developers and publishers at the same time and after Clickboom were active.  Vulcan did actually publish a few decent games too.

Offline hipoonios

• Show only replies by hipoonios
    • http://www.recordedamigagames.org
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 07:45:06 PM »
I played Penguins a few days ago and enjoyed it very much. Penguins is same game as Bograts with redesigned graphics. Well.. Penguins was released 1 year earlier, so Bograts is the game with redesigned graphics.

However, I managed to finish all levels in Penguins without skipping levels. I also played a few levels of Bograts and noticed that the levels are exactly the same in both games. Also noticed the repeating levels you mention. They are not exactly the same. There are small changes making the solution different (a key in other place and stuff).

Did not had the switch instead of key bug  in Penguins though. So maybe this bug is only in Bograts. Will continue playing this weekend and let you know if I can finish it or not.

I think the Penguins is the better game of the two. The brighter graphics makes it easier to play and you receive a password after each level.