Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: mac and pc sucks!!!!  (Read 16197 times)

Description:

Offline Hell Labs

• Show only replies by Hell Labs
Re: mac and pc sucks!!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 01:54:31 AM »
So long as you make note of OS 4.0s new features before you do so.
A1200 Computer Combat. OS3.0. No accelerator, no fastram, mouse soon. And ebaying it.

Offline Hell Labs

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 02:01:41 AM »
Quote from: Amiga_Nut;552327
A PC is a tool, and not a very good one but at least they're not overprice (Apple I'm looking at you!)

You're paying for engineering costs and materials, for the iMac and the Air mostly, but the others are pretty well made too. Getting a full i7 rig plus monitor to fit in a case less than half the thickness of your everyday LCD, and having it not overheat constantly is HARD.
A1200 Computer Combat. OS3.0. No accelerator, no fastram, mouse soon. And ebaying it.

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 02:24:06 AM »
I'm not a mac fan in any stretch of the imagination but I do have to agree with you. Macs are well made, and well supported. I'd never buy one, but I don't think they are overpriced.
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline halvliter'nTopic starter

• Show only replies by halvliter'n
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 02:31:45 AM »
A little too much  beer on me. cheers!
Commodore64+TheFinalCartridgeIII+CBM1541, A500+512slow+1084, A1200+BPPC060+Bvision+AOS3.9

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 03:13:01 AM »
Quote from: halvliter'n;552354
A little too much  beer on me. cheers!

Cheers ;)

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 04:50:13 AM »
Quote from: Hell Labs;552345
You're paying for engineering costs and materials, for the iMac and the Air mostly, but the others are pretty well made too. Getting a full i7 rig plus monitor to fit in a case less than half the thickness of your everyday LCD, and having it not overheat constantly is HARD.

Too much price for that engineers and materials, if not, see any hackintosh specs and prices.

An i7 on a airmac... are you sure?
a1200 060

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 05:48:13 AM »
Quote from: JJ;552097
Really don't see the point in all these recent and over the years. Amiga rulez. windows sucks etc etc on infintium.
All Hardware and software has its place somewhere and everyone has different prefences.
No one is wrong, no one is right. Its all down to personal taste.
Same goes for music

I totally agree:)
cough..Amiga still RuLeZ:razz:
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 10:52:30 AM »
Quote from: Amiga_Nut;552327
Well if you think needing 1500mhz and 2gb of RAM for a simple GUI to launch tasks is OK then you are welcome to post XP Microsoft shite inflicted on poor saps.

A PC is a tool, and not a very good one but at least they're not overprice (Apple I'm looking at you!) but it is far from elegant.....put it this way....if you have a blunt chainsaw.....and attach a 2000bhp turbo charged engine to it...it will eventually cut a tree down....get my drift ;)

The Amiga was elegant in every way, THIS is why people lament its demise and still have affection for it to this day. There's a difference between being a fanboy and understanding what should be sufficient to run a reasonable OS/what is bloatware plain and simple :)

Not defending Xp, even though lets be honest, it pisses all over amigsoS and if you take the blinkers off is a very good OS.  I aminly use ubuntu these days so ....

PC hardware is a million miles supperior to our beloved amigas, if you cant see that , then sorry but you are being mad
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline ElPolloDiabl

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 11:08:53 AM »
Yes but Windows should be a lot lot better than it is. Because of the monopoly your stuck with whatever they see fit to give you.
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 11:14:38 AM »
Why should it be better.   Nobody codes with storage/speed/ram in mind, because hardware is so cheap.  If you dont like windows use something else.  There are choices , but it all runs on the same hardware
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Hell Labs

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;552379
Too much price for that engineers and materials, if not, see any hackintosh specs and prices.

An i7 on a airmac... are you sure?

I was actually on about the iMac. The air will have been hard to design too. My point is that it takes $$$$$ to make that case design work, let alone at the level of build quality it has.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:20:58 AM by Hell Labs »

Offline scuzzb494

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 01:58:11 PM »
Quote from: halvliter'n;552068
Since there are so many who do not care about the Amiga here, I think that i have to say something about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF3m2soiSdY

=http://www.pouet.net/prodlist.php?platform[]=Amiga+AGA&order=&x=27&y=10&page=1&order

As someone once pointed out to me they are all PCs. Others can comment on brands, makes, types etc but as to the Amiga, well, [ deep sigh ] I recall those famous words  ' A thing of beauty is a joy for ever '. You never have to convince a true Amiga person the truth in that statement, so I wouldn't worry.

There was only ever really one Personal Computer.....

' The Amiga '.... The rest are just so impersonal

scuzz

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 03:03:41 PM »
Quote from: Fanscale;552421
Yes but Windows should be a lot lot better than it is. Because of the monopoly your stuck with whatever they see fit to give you.

what do you mean by that? how could windows "be a lot lot better than it is"? m$ no longer has a monopoly that is why they came out with windows 7 and are advertizing it as they are. they realize they needed a better product to stop thier losses to mac and linux. and 7 is a fantastic os. as efficient and quick as xp and as pretty as vista.

i do like (perfer) an all up os3.9 or aros install to windows of any vintage but if you want 3d games, real 3d games, COD, bioshock2, batman arkham asylam, etc. etc. etc. you need windows, not mac, not linux, not amiga :(
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 03:16:40 PM »
Wine will play modern warfare 1 , though not tried it, but there is an installer on the play on linux program.

To be honest got fed up of spending hundreds upgrading my pc all the time to have the best looking games.  Xbox 360 so much easier andd wuicker to switch on :)

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 04:52:04 PM »
Quote from: KThunder;552496
what do you mean by that? how could windows "be a lot lot better than it is"? m$ no longer has a monopoly that is why they came out with windows 7 and are advertizing it as they are. they realize they needed a better product to stop thier losses to mac and linux. and 7 is a fantastic os. as efficient and quick as xp and as pretty as vista.

i do like (perfer) an all up os3.9 or aros install to windows of any vintage but if you want 3d games, real 3d games, COD, bioshock2, batman arkham asylam, etc. etc. etc. you need windows, not mac, not linux, not amiga :(

Quake 4 and Quakewars runs great on linux. Maybe those are fake 3D games?

And why spend 800 dollars on a gaming PC plus cost of OS when a 360 elite is 299 and has more games for it?

Heck, for the cost of an amped up gaming PC, you can get a PS3 AND a wii on top.

Offline Hell Labs

« Reply #29 from previous page: April 09, 2010, 06:37:04 PM »
We've got a Wii downstairs and have done since christmas. It got turned on once to make sure it works and that was it. There's nothing interesting out there for it. We considered the PS3 too, but we already have a megadrive stand and didn't need another.