Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PS3 - X-Box 360 - Nintendo Revolution  (Read 10004 times)

Description:

Offline leirbag28Topic starter

PS3 - X-Box 360 - Nintendo Revolution
« on: May 18, 2005, 02:59:23 AM »
Check out the New Gaming Systems!!!

Personally, I think the PS3 is the Best to own as it is Backwards compatible with Playstation ONE and Playstation 2!!!!

Please no comments as to who cares about backwards compatibility.............That would be Hypocracy........as many of us do care about it.......We always complain as to how its better to own an A500 because an A1200 is less compatible for games (Baloney of course)

Man..the PS3 is the closest Gaming console to an Amiga...you dont have to throw away all your old cool games that you still like playing.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=e3&message.id=13404

New Nintendo GameBoy:

http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/615/615202p1.html

Here are some really cool pictures of the New PS3:
(click on the images for larger sizes)

http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614619/imgs_1.html

CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...

Offline Louis Dias

Re: PS3 - X-Box 360 - Nintendo Revolution
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 03:12:33 AM »
Revolution is backwards compatible with Gamecube and every Nintendo game ever made from NES, Arcade and all the way to N64 will be downloadable into Revolution for free over the internet.

How's that for backwards compatability? :-D

related link:
http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=02ea1a40-ac09-4cdf-9548-91e5a4e78746

Hmmm...Revolution looks like it may fit into a car stereo slot...talk about mobile gaming...

That small attachment they mention to play DVD movies is a screen...  Maybe they are after the 'PSP portable media market' all in one punch.

Offline adz

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show only replies by adz
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 03:13:29 AM »
Game consoles...meh!

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 03:35:29 AM »
@lou_dias

Hahaha...Impressive!  I did not know that!..........But I hope the X-Box Dies! I dont want that thing geting any ground.

I predict  PS3 will be #1
Nintendo #2
X-Box #3

X-Box will supposedly be somewhat compatible as well....but only the most popular games  (How stupid)

Nintendo made the same stupid HUMONGOUS mistake again of their system not playing DVD's out of the Box.......you have to buy hardware (ahhhhh goodness!  people never learn)  If they go out of business....they deserve it for sheer stupidity.  Although they went all out on this one it seems.........or at least they are trying ten times harder.  Good Job!

Offline neofree

• Show only replies by neofree
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 03:38:50 AM »
The technical winner:  PS3 - best specs

Winner all around: PS3

I wish Nintendo would make a comeback but they dont seem to have the brains with the marketing gimmicks or bad decisions of not supporting this or that.

While Sony definately tries to get involved in all markets they dont try to undermine and destroy their competition like Microsoft does.  This is the #1 reason why I won't buy Microsoft's deal.  #2 is good though, it's technically a lesser unit.

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 03:47:44 AM »

To be fair...I am kind of upset that once again the PS3 wont play VCD..although it willplay a massive amounts of CD formats.......more than any other console.

Offline coldfish

• Show only replies by coldfish
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 04:01:34 AM »
360 will have a good head start on the others, and if indications are correct will be priced very aggressively ($US299-360).  I wouldnt be at all surprised if one or two PS2 owners get tired of waiting for PS3?

...M$ are counting on it.

X-Box360 will supposedly be somewhat compatible as well....but only the most popular games (How stupid)

Ironically, this is analogous to how the A1200 is partially backward compatible with A500 software and how that compatability is improved with apps like WHDload ect.  
360 will need individual coding to play past Xbox games, at first this will be limited to the more popular titles.

While Sony definately tries to get involved in all markets they dont try to undermine and destroy their competition like Microsoft does. This is the #1 reason why I won't buy Microsoft's deal. #2 is good though, it's technically a lesser unit.

Sony's tactics are debatable, just ask Nintendo and Sega about the gritty details.

Following your reasoning in #2 why would anyone presently buy a PS2, when both GC and Xbox are technically superior?

Technical specifications and theoretical performance are never good reasons to prefer one machine over another, surely a present day Amiga user would know that?

:-D

Offline neofree

• Show only replies by neofree
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 04:24:22 AM »
The best reasons to get a PS2 today are very clear though.

1. More games, and more good ones.  They have the biggest market and will most likely have the most amount of games being developed, and not "just games", but good ones.  I have to say my time spent with my PS2 rival my Commodore/Amiga days.  I could not say that of any other machine until the PS2.  We're finally living in a time where cools things are happening now, like they were in the old days.  In my opinion anyway.  PS2 to me is like the Commodore of today.  Nintendo *was* pretty good too.  Microsoft gives me a hollow empty feeling.  They're about money and power, not about imagination and creativity.

2. Cheaper games.  As with any new system the games are much higher at first. Sure, this will be true of PS3, but I won't be buying one for at least a year anyway until prices come down.  XBos 360 games will cost more. And at the high prices, they just arent worth it. I'd feel so much guilt purchasing the overpriced games to even enjoy them.  I always wait until they are much cheaper.  What's OLD news to the gamers who have to have the latest stuff is the new and awesome to me. :)  Funny how others do this with movies, and I got to see the new movies... :)

Oh and how do you figure a GC is superior?  The PS2 has a higher graphics capabilities and can use DVD format.

Thanks,

Neofree

Offline mikrucio

• Party Mix \'87
    • Show only replies by mikrucio
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 08:46:33 AM »
yeah i love my ps2 i got over 200 games.
all burnt ofcourse HAHAHAHA! i love it.

Offline Linchpin

• Show only replies by Linchpin
    • http://www.systemmedic.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 09:02:07 AM »
@ mikrucio

Good for you.
WinUAE Only... OS3.9 with 512mb ZIII ram ;)

Offline Bezzen

• Show only replies by Bezzen
    • http://www.streammountain.se
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 09:38:10 AM »
While Sony definately tries to get involved in all markets they dont try to undermine and destroy their competition like Microsoft does. This is the #1 reason why I won't buy Microsoft's deal.

Did you miss the PlayStation launch?  :-D

Sony was considered evil for a while there until everyone had a PS in their home had convieniently forgot about Nintendo, Sega and 3DO (and Amiga).

Oh, and I'll be buying at least two next-gen consoles. :-)

Offline rayt

• Show only replies by rayt
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 09:42:04 AM »
yeah i love my ps2 i got over 200 games.
all burnt ofcourse HAHAHAHA! i love it.

Yeah me too, besides gran turismo4 which cant be burned.. Playstion rulez, w00t w00t **** the M$ XBOX!!1 :-D

EDITED By TheMagicM.  

Offline Martin_Lee

• Show only replies by Martin_Lee
    • http://amiga1200.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 10:20:20 AM »
that new gameboy is really looking nice!
also it mean continuing support for the platform which is nice, seeing i still own a GBA SP

Offline Linchpin

• Show only replies by Linchpin
    • http://www.systemmedic.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 12:43:06 PM »
Yeah me too, besides gran turismo4 which cant be burned

Wrong. But seen as this is piracy, we better not discuss any further.
WinUAE Only... OS3.9 with 512mb ZIII ram ;)

Offline rayt

• Show only replies by rayt
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 01:26:49 PM »
Wrong. But seen as this is piracy, we better not discuss any further.

I have an original gt4 copy here. So if I would like to make a backup it shouldn't be considered illegal.
I tried to burn a full gt4 dvd9 image with a dvd+r dual layer burner. It burned fine, but in the ps2 it always failed to load after the "copyright screen".
So i googled a bit and found out that this is because dvd+r dual layer discs are for Opposite Track Path recording while the original Gt4 disc is made using Parallel Track Path.
So either one would need a rip patch that makes it fit on a normal 4.5gb disc or dual layer discs(dvd-r?) that support ptp, which arent available yet iirc.

edit: anyway, gran turismo4 is well worth its money even if you buy it, its the best racing simulator out there on any platform