Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The absolute worst commercial game for Amiga?  (Read 7627 times)

Description:

Offline marcfrick2112

• Show only replies by marcfrick2112
Re: The absolute worst commercial game for Amiga?
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2011, 08:09:44 PM »
Great thread idea..

Yea, Rise of the Robots is a serious contender... And, I, foolishly bought the CD32 version, ack!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Arcade: Man, this COULD have been a good port, I bet, had it not been coded by a group of comatose monkeys!
:roflmao:
Graphics have little color, and blocky enough to make a C-64 owner wince, about 3/4 size of screen, never centered, and the controls are just drek.. (I love the 'whip in random directions feature! LOL)
I LOVED this game in the arcade, why did the Amiga get such a lame version?

Some honorable mentions for just stupidity go to Sierra On-line, or course.. (They didn't even know how to use the Amiga's mouse pointer for the first King's Quest game, iirc, it was a blocky hand-drawn 'arrow')

Another to 'Boulderdash Construction Set' , it's not terrible... but the ST version has full mouse support for editing, Amiga version is joystick only... Apparently, the Amiga has no mouse....??? :laughing:
---------------
Marc Frick
---------------
A1200T / \'060, 256MB, CD-R, OS3.9
A4000 w/ WarpEngine / 82MB , OS3.1
A4000 16MB, OS 3.9
A1200 , \'030 / 10MB
A1200 (stock)

CD32 :)

...And a very sick 4000T

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2011, 10:38:34 PM »
There was a game called Time Lords or something like that, perfectly dreadful.  I've always been a fan of time travel stories and adventures and I remember pre-ordering this game and then finding that it had no plot, no real skill tests and an annoying theme playing....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Chieftain

• Show only replies by Chieftain
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 01:55:51 AM »
Obvoiusly nobody remember Death Mask and Nemac IV, two masterpices of UTTER suckfest, so bad that even just leaving the disks on the table in would the drop in airpressure would pose a threat to windows and pressurized canisters.
Horrible game engines, Death Mask wasn't even proper 3D, just 2D sprites rendered in first person perspective and yet it didn't run smooth.
Nemac IV, sluggish as hell, unbelivable poor ripoff of the powerloader from Aliens, the armor looked more like a rollcage with guns.
In omnia paratus

"Life moves pretty fast. You don\'t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
Ferris Bueller

Offline djrikki

• Show only replies by djrikki
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 02:23:31 AM »
I certainly agree with the comments about Sierra Online, sure the graphics sucked ass and they could have been so much better - but apart from the graphics they did have great gameplay so for that reason they aren't going in room 101!

Offline amigakid

• Show only replies by amigakid
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 02:23:52 AM »
Final Gate for CD32 was total joke.  Also on the crap games list was town with no name, Rise of the Robots and 4x4 by epyx.  I know there are a lot more junky ones but these come to mind first.

Offline Akiko

• Show only replies by Akiko
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 02:39:03 AM »
Super Street Fighter, shame on whoever released that abomination.

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 02:47:18 AM »
"Town with No Name" was a CLASSIC!  It was so campy-bad it was good!

Two classic scenes are the train taking off like the Millennium Falcon and the bar girl fainting if you don't take a shower first!

Man I miss that game...
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 02:56:44 AM »
Quote from: Aegis;668512
Possibly controversial but for me, anything published by Vulcan Software - some people seemed to like their stuff (they even got good reviews) but to me their games always seemed like sub-PD crap with graphics that made my eyes bleed *shudder*.

This. Jetpilot is quite good though, even if it needs UAE to run properly...

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by rvo_nl
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 10:50:25 AM »
Death Mask was actually quite a clever idea and the closest you could get to Doom on an unexpanded Amiga. Nemac was uninspiring, but not a bad game at all. The Sierra adventures, I hate them too. pixel perfect EGA conversions, including sound and lousy interface. Those games could have been so much better. I agree with the comments on Rise of the Robots, the game itself got so overhyped, but is basically really bad. The game I wanted to mention was Last Action Hero, though Cliffhanger comes close, too. Many other games come close, from a certain pinball game, to that Captain Planet platformer and Pitfighter.
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1

Offline Crumb

• Show only replies by Crumb
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 12:04:20 PM »
Quote from: Chieftain;668536
Nemac IV, sluggish as hell, unbelivable poor ripoff of the powerloader from Aliens, the armor looked more like a rollcage with guns.

NemacIV engine was not sluggish IMHO. The graphics were uninspired and I prefered gloom but NemacIV engine wasn't bad

@Aegis
I agree Vulcan games looked like bad PD-quality games. They insisted on releasing a500 floppy disk games when absolutely everyone was using hard drives, tons of fast ram, aga or rtg and accelerators. These looked like they were done with AMOS. Some of their games were released at the same time ClickBoom released Quake and Napalm!

I hate when game characters graphics include a black lines surrounding them, for a cartoonish-like game it may be ok but not in general.

For me one of the biggest deceptions was Ghouls'n'Ghosts. Having played Ghost'n'Goblins I didn't expect such a crap pd-like port.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:06:39 PM by Crumb »
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 12:26:16 PM »
I actually rather liked Vulcan Software's output :)

If you want bad commercial games, then "Trolls" needs to come near the top of that list :)

Offline Templario

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 01:16:44 PM »
There are too much for example Afterburner II (it had other name but I don't remember),
Sly Spy so very slow when in the Amstrad version it was very fast, etc., etc.
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9

Offline swoslover

• Show only replies by swoslover
    • http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Relictronic-Boutique
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »
Great thread :)

I remember those days when Electronics Boutique had a small selection of Amiga games and buying Teacksuit Manager 2 96/97.

I also had an ST, at the time games for it were less commecially available than they were for the Amiga (I brought bad luck to any system I bought) and remember buying games that, although boxed, came with a hand written disk label.

They used to have a wonderful catalogue with lists of games.  How I miss this and Special Reserve.

The worst game I had for my Amiga was Championship Manager 2.  So much hype, yet when I finally got it the game was unusable.

Maybe it was a great game, but it was my biggest disappointment.
A1200
CD32
A4000

Offline Einstein

• Show only replies by Einstein
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 07:32:08 PM »
I don't remember so much by game name (beside Baby Jo, ehehehe), but generally US Gold, before actually becoming relatively descent, was such a crappy game (usually coversions) company that I'd say pick the US Gold game of choice -_o
I have spoken !

Offline dougal

• Show only replies by dougal
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 07:38:40 PM »
Some crappy Amiga games....

Cisco Heat - Total crappppp!!!
Street Fighter & Human Killing machine - 2 equally crap games
A1200HD- Blizzard 1230IV / 64Mb / Kick 3.1 / OS 3.9 / 20GB HD
A4000 040 @33Mhz -Kick 3.1 / 16MB
A2000 Rev4.4 - \'030 @25Mhz / 8MB / Kick 3.1 / ClassicWB
CD32 -     Stock (W/ 2 CD32 Controllers]
A500 Plus - 68000 / 2MB Chip / 2Mb Fast / 2.04/1.3 / A590 / A570
A600HD - 2MB Chip / 8MB Fast / 2GB CF HD / Kick 3.1
CDTV

PowerMac G4 1Ghz (MorphOS / Leopard)

[url]http://amigamap.com/us

Offline Borut

• Show only replies by Borut
    • http://www.crt-software.com
« Reply #44 from previous page: November 22, 2011, 11:05:47 PM »
Nemac IV don´t deserves such a judge. Well it wasn´t that atmospheric but besides this great.
Don´t know if You can blame Vulcan for their other games but Genetic Species was/is awesome!

U.S. Gold really made some crap - in the beginning I liked Italy 90 but later it was seen very crappy especially compared to Sensible Soccer.