Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WinUAE: UFO Enemy Unknown, getting screen size right  (Read 1456 times)

Description:

Offline mikeymikeTopic starter

• Show only replies by mikeymike
WinUAE: UFO Enemy Unknown, getting screen size right
« on: April 07, 2006, 10:12:43 AM »
I have my workbench setup emulated on my PC, with Picasso96, 1024x768x16m colours, etc.

I installed UFO Enemy Unknown to the hard disk and am running it from the Workbench.

However, the amount of the window being used by UFO's graphics is minimal.  Out of the 1024x768 window, it is using up about a fifth of it, with the vertical stretched out of proportion from the horizontal.  In the WinUAE graphics options, I have only specified that I want a 1024x768 window, nothing else.

I can't coax it to become a more usable size, either in the graphics or filter options of WinUAE.  Filter options always seem to lose portions of the graphics (like a stripe at the top and bottom, etc.).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Offline uncharted

• Show only replies by uncharted
Re: WinUAE: UFO Enemy Unknown, getting screen size right
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 02:03:15 PM »
It's a bit of a black art it seems.

I've got Worms running enlarged in a 800x600 window (can't try any higher because my monitor is only 1024x768) using the Direct3D filter and adjusting the sliders to move the image and strech it.  Aside from OpenGL which does practically the same thing, all the other filters don't work properly as you described above.

When using the direct3D filter, the options under Display seem to have little effect.