Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PPC 970: Apple, Thendic, Eyetech  (Read 6942 times)

Description:

Offline THEONE

• Show only replies by THEONE
Re: PPC 970: Apple, Thendic, Eyetech
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 05, 2002, 06:54:52 PM »
Thats it im goign to get that coleco adam and have the best computer around . SO STICK THAT IN  YOU PIPE AND SMOKE IT.

:-P  :-D  :-)  :roll:  :lol:  :idea:  :roflmao:  :python:

Offline THEONE

• Show only replies by THEONE
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2002, 06:58:05 PM »

AmigaMac wrote:

nope you dont get it you dont have the #### that god gave a snake for brains. ppc is dead so who cares . motorola deosnt ,Ibm doesnt,and Mac doesnt.

Yeah we've heard that conspiracy theory before!  PPC is far from dead!!

itanium is where everyone is going. And what I explained is the way you guys think . Besides if you are lookig for speed then dammit man look at the itanium. its been in the advance server area fro a while. soon to be cheap enough for end users. Its goign to hit the streets at 6ghz real-time. oh thisChrismas or by the end of feburary . MERRY CHRISTMAS

Ah the Itanic... the chip that can't get out of its own way (much less anything else)!  You need to get with the facts, that Itanic isn't going to reach 6 GHz anytime soon, but hey at least you're overly optimistic :-P

i called hp and ibm and redhat to confirm all this just today and yesterday . Go by intels website or go onto a website if you dont belive me.
glad your in good cheer
we must move on to a better cpu    PARIC=ITANIUM

Offline Minion

• Show only replies by Minion
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2002, 07:29:23 PM »

THEONE wrote:

AmigaMac wrote:

Yeah we've heard that conspiracy theory before!  PPC is far from dead!!

itanium is where everyone is going. And what I explained is the way you guys think . Besides if you are lookig for speed then dammit man look at the itanium. its been in the advance server area fro a while. soon to be cheap enough for end users. Its goign to hit the streets at 6ghz real-time. oh thisChrismas or by the end of feburary . MERRY CHRISTMAS

Ah the Itanic... the chip that can't get out of its own way (much less anything else)!  You need to get with the facts, that Itanic isn't going to reach 6 GHz anytime soon, but hey at least you're overly optimistic :-P

i called hp and ibm and redhat to confirm all this just today and yesterday . Go by intels website or go onto a website if you dont belive me.
glad your in good cheer
we must move on to a better cpu    PARIC=ITANIUM

The absolute perfect signature of a compulsive liar.  To anyone who has met a compulsive liar, that crap that you just typed is obviously complete bullsh*t.

Typical compulsive liar senario:
CL=compulsive liar
NP=normal person

CL "Some ridiculous made up statement to sound impressive"
NP "Thats not true"
CL "More made up facts to support the original made up statement"

This maps on to your conversation as follows:
TO=Fantasy world boy THEONE
AM=Amigamac

TO="Itanium wil reach 6 Ghz by this christmas or February"
AM="No way"
TO="I just called all of these people that are experts and they agree with me"

You didn't call those people didn't you?  They are just your made up sources to support your made up statement.

Your kind allways get found out sooner or later for the liars that you are.  Every compulsive liar that I have known believes he had friends, but everybody really hated them.  When they weren't there, most of the conversation involved taking the mickey out of them.  
Dont you notice how your "friends" seem to ignore you a lot more than anyone else?  Notice how that almost always have excuses not to hang out with you, or do you a favour?  You do know that the only times that your friends do talk to you is when they cant get away from you, dont you.  Or maybe they weren't quick enough to think of a reason that they need to go.
I suggest that you watch the behaviour of your "friends" and see how accurate this picture is.
You'll be surprised.
Have a nice day :-)
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

Offline SlimJim

• Show only replies by SlimJim
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2002, 07:45:52 PM »
Could someone give an (relatively unbiased) explanation as to what this Itanium / Hombre business is really about? What are they?

THEONE (Is that Shawn?) has been talking about it for so long now...
SlimJim

Offline AmigaMac

• Show only replies by AmigaMac
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2002, 07:52:41 PM »
SlimJim,

I have to say that your avatar freaks me out everytime I see it... is that intentional? :-D

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2002, 08:03:11 PM »
I suppose Apple will be the only one to use the G5 and Amiga users once again be left out. forever.   :-(

Offline SlimJim

• Show only replies by SlimJim
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2002, 08:04:50 PM »
I drew it myself.

Never seen a dragon before? :-D

I have received a lot of questions about this avatar.
It's from this hobby project of mine, to create a physiologically "realistic" dragon fitting most of the
legends. I have a full biological history of the Dracocephalum Elementalis Rex, commonly known
as The Great Dragon, including a full internal/external anatomy.

(Better apply that physics/mathematics education on something useful, right?)

There is a lot of inconsistency in dragon-lore I can tell you. It's not easy to explain the physics of a eight-tonne creature being able to fly..
SlimJim

Offline AmigaMac

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2002, 08:09:21 PM »

I suppose Apple will be the only one to use the G5 and Amiga users once again be left out. forever.

powerpufffan,

To be honest, I don't have much faith on the G5, so I wouldn't sweat it.  I'm not saying it will never exist, since they already have pretty much established a product line for the little host CPUs of the same gender, but there are rumors circulating on some kind of G4+ to add much needed enhancements, I guess we'll find out soon enough :-?

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2002, 08:11:36 PM »
Whether or not the G5 exists is not the problem. The problem is Apple may snatck what is left of the chips so the only high-end chips will be in your mac.

Offline AmigaMac

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2002, 08:15:36 PM »
Whether or not the G5 exists is not the problem. The problem is Apple may snatck what is left of the chips so the only high-end chips will be in your mac.

I don't know... if I was Eyetech and Thendic, I would concentrate PowerPC efforts with IBM!  They seem more focused on delivering desktop solutions than Motorola and they have a new Fab plant to help deliver on that focus!