Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RetroGeekComputers.com Anyone had dealings with it?  (Read 10898 times)

Description:

Offline amazing

• Show only replies by amazing
Re: RetroGeekComputers.com Anyone had dealings with it?
« Reply #29 from previous page: April 02, 2008, 11:32:42 PM »
maybe we could all put some money together and pay a baseball team to visit the guy at home?
a1200 blizzard 68030@50mhz/128mb/slimlinecdrom/os3.9
1x MINIMIG...Arm+mem upgrade---build 3
2x a500 1mb internal+2mb in a supraram kick 1.3
c64_1541 with z80 processor
c64 c aldi model+1541 II
3x vic-20_vic1541
1541 III by j.derogee

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show only replies by AmigaHeretic
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 11:36:37 PM »
Too all the people that wanted to let Doomy back on this site and give him "Another Chance" last month when he tried to sneak back in, because it seems like he really did change this time & he seems really sincere...  well  :lol:  :lol:  Doomy never changes.  He's a crook!
A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 11:37:03 PM »
TjLaZer he has ripped you of to the tune of an A3000+ "the rarest Amiga of all" and you want to see the good in him!

Go back check the date I posted that comment...
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

ChuckT

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 11:40:00 PM »
I took my computer monitor to a place and the repair charge was $60 for handing it over the counter.  I called back in a month and they said they couldn't fix it so the charge was $60. I called another place and they said,"What do you mean, we fix them all the time."

Other people in my area have taken their Amiga to shops and the repair people take what is inside out so if you have anything special installed, beware.

I've taken my PC to a repair shop and all they did was run utilities on my PC and charge me.  All they did was roam around my computer.  I called Microsoft and two or three technicians before I had to fix it myself.

And there are people who are fired at UPS.  Diamonds and everything comes through there and workers often put packages off to the side and that is when products go missing.  I know one lady who has seen people get fired there and she has seen it all.  A driver that use to deliver for my company was fired.  Cell phones were missing from his truck, they had a suspicion so they started following him and watching him on his route.  They probably set him up but they fired him but it is not smart for them to give up a $70K job just for a $100 dollar phone.

Another thing is that UPS can sign your signature for you with their little tablet that you sign your name with.  We have a contract for them to pick up and deliver to our company every day.  Someone else received a package for us but the driver electronically copied my name onto a receipt and the boss was asking me if I received a package while someone else had it.  So just because someone's name is signed doesn't mean that they have to physically sign for something that doesn't get delivered.

Offline tokyoracer

• Show only replies by tokyoracer
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2008, 03:07:27 AM »
@ ChuckT, I experianced the same very recently. I have a parcel due by ParcelForce (totally hopless company) and then was wondering were my item was. I contacted the seller and he gave me a link with all then info to say it was deliverd. It even had the signature on the website showing a name M.K*** of which I had no idea who it was. I chased the local council but no luck. It wasn't until I had an alert from my door of another item that was waiting for me in the local post office. I went doen and put in the slip but noticed a parcel exacly the right shape for my item so I asked if it was mine. They look and IT WAS! Turns out one of the staff signed for it but I never got the alert through my door to say were it was! Been in there for nearly 2 weeks, bah!

Offline Rabbi

• Show only replies by Rabbi
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 05:04:48 AM »
I bought something on eBay from him.  I paid promptly.  He wrote the only negative rating on my eBay user stating it took me 2 weeks to pay.  I wrote back on his eBay user ID that I consider him disorganized & it was an untrue claim.  I would never deal with him ever again even though I eventually got the item. :madashell:

There is no logic to soldering the CPU chip to the mother board, nor does anyone operating a legitimate business make unauthorized, useless "repairs" without checking the with the owner first.

Doesn't he need some sort of business license to operate a computer repair shop?  I wonder if he's filed taxes for all the money from computer "repairs" to the local, state, & federal authorities.  :-?
--------------------------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
===================================================================
Computer used:     Amiga A1200 (NTSC version) with 128 MB ...

Offline DropcheckTopic starter

• Show only replies by Dropcheck
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2008, 12:15:53 AM »
The nerve of some people:

I created a throwaway email address and sent an email to him talking about a 2000 that would only boot intermittantly.  Asked him if he could take a look at it.  Within 24hrs he answered. Sure, no problem.  $40.00 Gave me his 'business address', a residential street in Beaverton Or according to MapQuest.  

Won't answer the last three emails I've sent him in the last two weeks.  Not bouncing back.  He just is ignoring them.  :madashell:

If I can\\\'t drop it and fix it, then it wasn\\\'t broken to begin with.  It just needed power applied.   :quickdraw:

Offline DropcheckTopic starter

• Show only replies by Dropcheck
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2008, 09:54:26 PM »
Update: Got the motherboard back!   :-o

Finally got a reply to my emails.  Had the nerve to tell me he didn't want to send it back to me until he had fixed it since that was what I had paid for.  Told me what he planned to do next.  Same story he had told me two weeks before.  He hadn't done anything with it in two weeks.  Guess he had more important things to do like work on his music career.    :roflmao:

I wrote back and said he had until the end of the week to fix it.  After a whole month if he hadn't fixed it by then he wasn't going to especially if he wasn't going to even work on it.  Of course he didn't send it back then, had to send an second email in caps.  (I don't like yelling, hurts the fingers.)

Finally got it in from UPS the other day.  It looks like the one I sent.  Like he said the cpu is soldered directly to the motherboard.  What kind of freakin' repair standard is that?  No indication if he fixed it.  Guess I hurt his feelings yelling at him.  :roll:

Thanks everyone for the mental support.  Live and learn!

Anyway.... now I'm back to square one. One broke 2000 motherboard.   :shrug:

If I can\\\'t drop it and fix it, then it wasn\\\'t broken to begin with.  It just needed power applied.   :quickdraw:

Offline tokyoracer

• Show only replies by tokyoracer
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 10:05:36 PM »
A wise lessen has been learned. You are one of the lucky ones to get the gear back, he's stolen many expensive goods in the past. Now your in safe hands for your mobo, im sure everyone here will do what they can to help you. Sadly I can't help much, sorry.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 09:30:27 PM »

TjLaZer wrote:
I am sorry to report that it seems I have been scammed as well.  I sent in my prized Amiga 3000 plus computer with AGA for repairs and I have not heard word from the Doom Master.  I should of known...    :crazy:    :madashell:    :roll:

Bad April Fools Joke.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)