Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaKit - Catweasel MK4  (Read 3338 times)

Description:

Offline hekticTopic starter

• Show only replies by hektic
AmigaKit - Catweasel MK4
« on: September 13, 2005, 07:34:13 PM »
Ordered a MK4 card from AmigaKit on Saturday night, it arrived today!

Good service - will use AmigaKit again  :-)

Install of the card was a breeze. I've not tested it out yet but I think it's gonna come in real handy  :-D

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: AmigaKit - Catweasel MK4
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 01:21:04 AM »
I have installed my Mk IV a few days ago only to find out that the drivers are not compatible with Windows XP x64, so now it pains me greatly to have to install yet another M$ OS on this PC to get the Catweasle to work.

Let me know how yours works for you.  Are you using AmigaForever, AIAB or just WinUAE?  I am using AF2005 and like it alot.  I'll keep using my "Real Amigas" as long as they continue to boot up, but it is nice to know that when all the old hardware finally dies the Amiga experience will still be available on modern hardware.  The programmers that have worked long hard years at perfecting WinUAE have my highest regard and appreciation.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Dr_Righteous

• Show only replies by Dr_Righteous
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 01:42:17 AM »
Hell, I think the CW controller IC should be standard equipment on all motherboards... PC/AmigaX/Etc. But that's just me.
- Doc

A4000D, A3640 OC-36.3MHz, custom tower, Mediator A4000D. Diamond Banshee 16M, Indivision AGA 4000, GVP HC+8.

Mac Mini 1.5GHz, that might run MorphOS someday, when the fools who own it come to the realization that 30 minutes just isn\'t enough time to play with it enough to decide whether or not you like it enough to cough up $200.

- Someone please design SOME kind of DIY accelerator for the A4000. :D -

Offline K7HTH

• Show only replies by K7HTH
    • http://NewPeopleString.com
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 04:16:01 AM »
My CWMKIV works fine in my XP Pro mobo installed in an A2000 case. I can use an Amiga KB and Amiga floppies with it, but I cannot get an Amiga mouse or PS2 mouse to work on it. You may want to D/L the latest PC drivers for your PC from Individual Computers.
Own the Web... Go PeopleString! It\'s Huge!!

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 09:02:01 PM »
@KD7HTH,

XP Pro just arrived via UPS.  Now I have to figure out if I can install it over the x64 version, or if I need to wipe the HD clean and start from scratch.  x64 should not be for sale yet as it has so few drivers and is so limited.  Many manufacturers aren't even working on 64bit drivers to work with it and have no plans to start anytime soon, including my printer manf. and the Catweasle guys at Individual Computers.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 09:19:04 PM »
Until the 64bit apps arrive I doubt there is much to gain from running xp64, I've just built an XP 64 3000+ PC for a chap but he's having the 32bit XP installed.

.... XP64 Not worth the bother yet :)

maybe 6 months down the line.

I'm gonna use it with WinUAE ... whats AF2005?

I'm gonna use it to write ADF's to disks mainly as I prefer to use my Amiga's too.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 09:32:32 PM »
I bought XP64 before I realized that it was not what I wanted or needed.  It burns me up to give Bill Gates money that I didn't have to, and even worse to have to give him more for the 32bit version.  But, this computer is for my son and he will need Windows for most programs he will want to use.

AF2005 is Amiga Forever 2005, which includes WinUAE 1.0 in a very nice package with an easy to use launcher and configuration front end.  Can you boot an Amiga floppy when using WinUAE from the Catweasle drive?

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 10:54:49 PM »
I'm not sure, I'll test mine properly this weekend.

:-)