Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ozone-y Power Supply  (Read 303 times)

Description:

Offline DiskChrisTopic starter

• Show only replies by DiskChris
Ozone-y Power Supply
« on: June 05, 2016, 03:51:38 PM »
So I just plugged a 5.25 floppy (which I probably should've tested somewhere else first) into my Amiga and within a few seconds smelled that toasty ozone smell coming from the power supply, so I quickly switched off the machine, which I'm desperately hoping isn't fried...

Anyway, assuming the power supply is toast and probably too dangerous to even test with, what should I replace it with? I could get an A2000 power supply off ebay, but I was thinking about trying to put in an ATX using one of those converters, but what about size? Any good PSU that would easily fit in the case, I don't really want to have to mess around modding stuff...

Offline QuikSanz

Re: Ozone-y Power Supply
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 06:51:26 AM »
Quote from: DiskChris;809538
So I just plugged a 5.25 floppy (which I probably should've tested somewhere else first) into my Amiga and within a few seconds smelled that toasty ozone smell coming from the power supply, so I quickly switched off the machine, which I'm desperately hoping isn't fried...

Anyway, assuming the power supply is toast and probably too dangerous to even test with, what should I replace it with? I could get an A2000 power supply off ebay, but I was thinking about trying to put in an ATX using one of those converters, but what about size? Any good PSU that would easily fit in the case, I don't really want to have to mess around modding stuff...

Send your PSU to Acill. Maybe Gunny can repair?