Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: does it matter ?  (Read 857 times)

Description:

does it matter ?
« on: April 22, 2003, 12:50:34 AM »
From reading some of the threads here, we have ppl saying if it aint made by AmigaInc then it is not Amiga.

Does it matter ?

Back in the C= era- C= got their motherboards manufactured in Scotland. (if i remember correctly).

also

The latest batch of A1200s/A4000s  that were manufactured in France - are they any  LESS Amigas ?

Why did ppl not complain then ?
Next ppl will say Amiga is not Amiga without C= !!

For me it does not matter who made it, as long as it (both hw/sw) follows the Amiga philosophy of technical excellence & runs AmigaOS.

If C= asked Eyetech or Genesi or whoever to manufacture  the A1200 is it any different ?

I personally believe the Amiga community has shrunk so small that every bit of Amigas internal action/plan is getting out and analysed.

Jay - please help us !
we will remember u always..

Asy

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
Re: does it matter ?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 01:08:21 AM »
From reading some of the threads here, we have ppl saying if it aint made by AmigaInc then it is not Amiga.

That is simply called blindness, everyone must know by now Amiga Inc are a waste of space, it is only a small minority who thinks Amiga Inc are such a fantastic company when the evidence totally points the other way.

Who cares who makes the OS and hardware, as long as the people are happy with the hardware/software  then that is all what matters.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 01:26:48 AM »

"If it's not Scotish, It's Crap!"

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 01:31:19 AM »
@ Argo

eh? what's with the Scottish accent?
Have I missed something?
I like Amigas

Offline ltstanfo

• Show only replies by ltstanfo
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 04:42:49 AM »
@Cyberus,

Argo is quoting a movie line from the  film "So I Married An Axe Murderer".  Mike Myers has several roles in the film, one of which is playing his "Scottish Centric" father who won't have anything to do with things not originating in Scotland.  Seems kind of fitting given an earlier post.   :-)

Regards,
Lee Stanford
Gee Brain... what do you want to do tonight?

Offline Quixote

• Show only replies by Quixote
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2003, 07:37:31 AM »
:-D Saturday Night Live had comedy sketches featuring the "Scotch Boutique," a shopping-mall store that sold only Scottish products.  Specifically, Scotch tape, as that was the only Scottish product around.  (As far as the comedy sketch was concerned.)  Dan Akroyd delivered that line a few times in each sketch involving the boutique.

;-) I suspect Mike Meyer's use of the line in the film was an homage to the SNL version.  Recall that Mr. Meyers did a season or two as a regular on SNL.