Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Days of our DSL Lives (Pars Tiertia)  (Read 1580 times)

Description:

Offline DamionTopic starter

Days of our DSL Lives (Pars Tiertia)
« on: November 10, 2002, 09:14:51 PM »
 Well, I would like to thank everyone for your help so far. Sometimes, despite all the research you can do on your own, there is no substitute for good 'ol experience!

I have bought and tried two different routers, both with the same effect. Both the Link/Act and 100M lights on the dongle of my Netgear FA410tx PCMCIA network card(the same one used by the author of Cnet.device) flash on and off when the router is connected to it, as well as the lights on the router. There appears to be no linking between the two. This does not happen here on our work PC when I hook the router to it...

This is leading me to believe that the 'refurbished' network card I bought from e-bay is probably defective.

Has anyone here had a similar experience? I don't think the lights are supposed to flash off and on like that!

Thanks for bearing with my annoying problems! I'd be more than happy to bake a cake or fix tea for all of you! :-)

Offline lorddef

• Show only replies by lorddef
    • http://
Re: Days of our DSL Lives (Pars Tiertia)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2002, 11:23:59 PM »
On my router the lights are on if there is a connection between the router and the NIC, and they flash when data is being transferred between the two..
Restraining orders are just another way of saying I love you!

Offline DamionTopic starter

Re: Days of our DSL Lives (Pars Tiertia)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2002, 08:16:06 AM »
O.K. I can't even get the link light on the router to turn on, and the other lights on the router and on the dongle just flash simultaneously and repeatedly on and off, so there must not be a connection...I think I'll just call Softhut and get a network card that I know will work, because it seems that the 1200 doesn't like some of these cards very much.

Thanks for your help.