Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Old Hard Drive Set Up  (Read 4222 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
Re: Old Hard Drive Set Up
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 07, 2010, 03:04:10 AM »
I always find it strange how other folks HDs wear out/break. I've never in 25 years had one Amiga HD go wrong... :)

My oldest one that I kept until about 18 months ago was from my old A1500 and was still fully working, until I decided to rip it apart to get the little ball bearing hub from the disks platter to build a super smooth non squeeky hamster wheel, work a treat so it does... :)

Your pet hamster can run all night long to it's hearts content without so much as a squeek... :)

Offline dennisrcTopic starter

• Show only replies by dennisrc
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 12:33:55 PM »
Hi Tension was hidding from the rent man, only came out after dark, don't tell anyone, just our secret

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »
Hi mototrucker, i do not have expantion in my A 1200, but have one I hope to put in latter, and my install disk worked fine day before but I just could not configure how to use it after advise from youI tried to format H/D but I did it with format option on W?B 3.1 and was pleased to see that now at least my hard drive was reconised just need now to load W/B3.1 onto H/D, but like I said Install sstarts to load an just continues to cycle, just hope i havn't corrupted it as noticed that writ protect was not sellected on floppy

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 12:57:23 PM »
Hi Actung bab thanks for your offer, this computtere has sentimentl value for me and I would love it to once again fire up I long ago thought It would never ride again but thanks to this site and its members I really see hope again, as i just said to motortrucker I may have corrupted my Install disk when I ussed it day before as I didn't notice the write protect was not on floppy
thanks Dennis

Offline motrucker

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 02:48:29 PM »
Where are you located? I could mail you a copy of the install disk - if all else fails.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »
mototrucker I live in coventry UK I dont know if I can post my address on this site but I would be grateful if you could send a coppyreally mad with myself as I should have known better tan to use disk unprotected, but Im sure my H/D is ok
Dennis