Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are we no longer able to +1 rep people or did the procedure change?  (Read 4133 times)

Description:

Offline amiga92570

• Show only replies by amiga92570
Re: Are we no longer able to +1 rep people or did the procedure change?
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 23, 2009, 04:06:37 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;513057
Sorry to disappoint, but sponsorship participation in the "beautiful young ladies' college education scholarship assistance program"* is only included with a lifetime subscription.  

Lucky for you, we're running a special deal on that this week.  Only $25,000 USD.  Comes with a free week at Viking's Resort in the company of the lady of your choice.

(*= I was reminded to be politically correct in referencing hookers.  Seems they object to the term hooker..  Can't imagine why.)

Let me think about that!:rtfm:
Amiga92570
==========================
(1) 4000T/040 (2)3000t CS 060/233ppc Picasso IV video, (2)D-box 1200 blizzard 060/200ppc Mediator fastATA, (1)amiga 1200 Power tower, (1)amiga 1200 EZ tower with mediator,1200/030/50mhz, (3) amiga 500 with CSA Mega Midget Racer and Trump card AT, (2) amiga 600 one with M-tec 030, (3) CD32 one sx32, two sx32-pro, More accessories and parts than I want to admit to

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 04:12:17 PM »
I'm not much of a Rugby fan, sorry.

Quote from: amiga92570;513055
Put me on the hooker list as well. thanks

2. Hooker
Hookers are a key position in attacking and defensive play. The name is derived from the fact that hookers use their feet to 'hook' the ball in the scrum; because of the pressure put on the body by the scrum it is considered to be one of the most dangerous positions to play. They also normally throw the ball in at line-outs. Hookers have more in common with back row forwards than props or locks only during line-outs as they have a roving role at line-outs. Hookers typically are a key player in the scrum as they are the main force pushing and resisting, although some teams give the responsibility to the props. In addition, hookers may act as an extra prop in the scrum, instead of contesting the feed, to wreak havoc on opposition feeds.
The hooker is assisted by the props in scrums and often leads a ruck. In defensive play, the hooker will regularly be the main attacker in most open-ended plays. In more complicated moves, the Hooker may remain a defence for the backs. Hookers are usually the leaders in most attacking moves and tend to control the forwards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_union_positions#2._Hooker
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:15:37 PM by persia »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Tension

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 05:09:12 PM »
Quote from: terminator4;513007
I think the rep thing is silly.  Because you can have a person who doesn't know their stuff, but posts a lot, and this creates the illusion of being reputable.  Then someone say who is a developer and posts once a while has little rep points.  It creates a forum where those with many rep points brag about their skills.  Those also can "shut down" a new member because they have been around for a while.  This is already common on Lemon 64.  Come on, we are all adults, we don't need rep points (this isn't Kindergarten).  I don't know about you, but I help without need for rewards, and the person getting the feedback should base  it on multiple opinions anyways.
It also creates a ONE WAY street, where the other side has nothing to say...  Not to mention that there could be retaliation or personal attacks because one prson does not like this user etc.

exactly

Offline GadgetMaster

• Show only replies by GadgetMaster
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 08:13:17 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;513065

I tell you.  Getting people off Xoops to vB was like giving birth.

Phase 1 -- pregnancy -- prep for change. - "No!  Don't!, I don't wanna!"
Phase 2 -- labor -- (the time of changeover) "I HATE YOU, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!  DIE!!!"
Phase 3 -- afterwards -- "what's this?  something new?  Oh, how cute... I love you".

That actually made me laugh out loud. :lol::roflmao:

Offline Animagic

• Show only replies by Animagic
    • http://www.pointer-digital.com
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 10:27:12 PM »
... aaaand officially, I am the first victim... :-)
Greek Amiga User Group Amiga Hellas
You can find me on #amigahellas IRC channel on GRnet.

Offline terminator4

• Show only replies by terminator4
    • http://none
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 11:01:19 PM »
Hey Wayne,
Amiga.org has made great progress.  I like it now :-) (if it means anything)!!!

Offline terminator4

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2009, 11:07:07 PM »
@koaftder

Private?   Perhaps putting it on and see it run for 30 days might be a good idea?
perhaps a rep point total should be 0 (never negative) and the rest positive but with a cap (some number to be maximum like 100%?).  But rather than use Rep points i'd say make it like Amiga helpful points... something to make it more indicitive...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:15:02 PM by terminator4 »

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 12:43:04 AM »
Quote from: Animagic;513332
... aaaand officially, I am the first victim... :-)
Victim of what?  You flatter yourself. There are others who have received negative rep far before you.. :)

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2009, 12:55:56 AM »
Apparently someone gave rep to a Doomy clone from a post in 2004.  Gotta love it.

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2009, 01:17:23 AM »
I have to reply to this thread just to see where my rep points are at the moment.  Scanning down the list of people replying here, I think almost all of them had less than their starting 10 rep points, so I wonder what all of you have been doing to each other's scores?  LOL
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline terminator4

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2009, 07:11:33 AM »
Dave you're only 1 rep point above me!!! I dunno. i always try to be helpful on here :-D
Wayne> any chance Doomy would be back on here?  (the added Entertainment is priceless hehe).
I definitely would stay away from a.org names when signing on like Doommaster, Doomer, etc. lol.
I remember some new guy on here getting ripped by people who thought he was Doomy.  Funny thing, i did buy stuff from Doomy once, and it was working and I did receive it...  I must be in like top 10% in that class??? lol.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 07:18:52 AM by terminator4 »

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2009, 07:51:05 AM »
Quote from: terminator4;513434
Dave you're only 1 rep point above me!!! I dunno. i always try to be helpful on here :-D
Wayne> any chance Doomy would be back on here?  (the added Entertainment is priceless hehe).
I definitely would stay away from a.org names when signing on like Doommaster, Doomer, etc. lol.
I remember some new guy on here getting ripped by people who thought he was Doomy.  Funny thing, i did buy stuff from Doomy once, and it was working and I did receive it...  I must be in like top 10% in that class??? lol.

I know!  Where did my missing 3 rep points that I was supposed to have started with go to?  Actually I am not surprised that some are missing as I have gotten into a few heated discussions here over the years. :furious:

I feel sorry for the guy(s) that have fallen down to a 2, man they must have really pissed a bunch of people off.

I try to be helpful here as well Terminator4, but it is hard to do when I have a limited amount of Amiga intelligence left over from the late 80's when I actually thought I knew something.  :roflmao:
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2009, 10:08:36 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;513350
I have to reply to this thread just to see where my rep points are at the moment.  Scanning down the list of people replying here, I think almost all of them had less than their starting 10 rep points, so I wonder what all of you have been doing to each other's scores?  LOL

You are confusing reputation points with reputation power. The figure under your avatar is your reputation power, not your reputation point value.
int p; // A

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2009, 11:20:07 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;513442
You are confusing reputation points with reputation power. The figure under your avatar is your reputation power, not your reputation point value.

sorry but i'm a bit "slow" lately ... from where it come from i.e. my 10 "reputation power"? from the count posts?

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2009, 11:54:15 AM »
Quote from: Framiga;513444
sorry but i'm a bit "slow" lately ... from where it come from i.e. my 10 "reputation power"? from the count posts?

I think it's an initial value that is set. If everybody started at zero, and the only way to get reputation power was by receiving reputation from other people, the system would be pointless.

The reputation power is a function of your reputation score (and possibly other factors like post count), but it includes some initial non-zero starting point to make sure the system can actually be used.
int p; // A

Offline Hans_

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2009, 12:48:17 PM »
The only post of mine to receive any +/- points received a +1 whilst simultaneously receiving a -1 for allegedly being inflammatory. Either I have the ability to be informatively inflammatory, or the report button should be renamed "I'm having a hissy fit about this post."

To be honest, I thought that it was a waste of time, and knowing who is raising or lowering your reputation is likely to cause a tit for tat war. If we were voting, I'd pick the "who cares" option.

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.