Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bastards!!!  (Read 14955 times)

Description:

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
Re: Bastards!!!
« Reply #134 from previous page: April 09, 2010, 01:01:24 AM »
It's piss easy to rip a Blu-Ray from any system. Apart from saving face among their fellow studios, that's hardly a valid reason from removing the feature.

Some good could come out of this, though, if it leads to more secure hypervisor implementations.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2010, 01:01:26 AM »
Quote from: Amiga_Nut;552308
PS3 Linux is quite restricted and not that amazing to be honest....once the novelty wears off you will go and use a proper computer costing a couple of hundred smackers soon enough I bet.

I have a computer that I have invested over 5000$ on last year, this do not mean I will use it instead of the PS3, I got my computer rigged with Linux yes BUT I want linux on my PS3 just because I want to code for the Cell architecture.

No one buys  a PS3 to replace their main computer.

It's all in the thrill to learn to code for the PS3.

Offline kolla

« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2010, 01:30:45 AM »
Quote from: som99;552323
It's all in the thrill to learn to code for the PS3.
There's no thrill, only pain. If you want thrill, you're better off with a cracked open PS3.
Which is why this is a good thing :)
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM440 and Mac minis with MorphOS

Offline stefcep2

• Show only replies by stefcep2
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2010, 02:14:55 AM »
Its interesting the number of times Sony, PS3 AND Microsoft and XBOX are mentioned in this thread, yet both platforms are not leading either the home or portable console markets.  LOL!

FWIW, Wii is great:  enough superb Wii exclusive games, innovative control system, can play some cracking Gamecube games that I own, I can download some of the best-in-genre from the 8-bit, 16 bit and 32 bit console generations, plus homebrew.  And 480p with component cables looks good enough to me, and makes the older games look better than on the original consoles. For me its gameplay that matters anyway, but I've seen some Wii games running in Dolphin at 720p, and the game textures look every bit as good as PS3 and XBOX, so its a hardware limitation of the Wii, not a software one. If Nintendo brought out a 720p version of the Wii, all the graphics whores would jump on board and kill off both Sony and MS.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2010, 03:19:45 AM »
Quote from: stefcep2;552349
Its interesting the number of times Sony, PS3 AND Microsoft and XBOX are mentioned in this thread, yet both platforms are not leading either the home or portable console markets.  LOL!

FWIW, Wii is great:  enough superb Wii exclusive games, innovative control system, can play some cracking Gamecube games that I own, I can download some of the best-in-genre from the 8-bit, 16 bit and 32 bit console generations, plus homebrew.  And 480p with component cables looks good enough to me, and makes the older games look better than on the original consoles. For me its gameplay that matters anyway, but I've seen some Wii games running in Dolphin at 720p, and the game textures look every bit as good as PS3 and XBOX, so its a hardware limitation of the Wii, not a software one. If Nintendo brought out a 720p version of the Wii, all the graphics whores would jump on board and kill off both Sony and MS.

First off PS3 is more then a gaming machine, it's a great multimedia device, I can stream any movie format from my PC trough the network directly to my PS3.

Secondly, I would never ever buy a WII, a hardcore gamer cant sit and flap his arms all day long.

Third, why would I buy a machine that has the same specs as a GC that is from 2001 and has nowhere near the graphics of either PS3 or 360?

Fourth, I can watch Blue ray on my PS3.

Also we where talking about sony and using Microsofts 360 as a alternative, ut the WII is nothing Like the PS3 so how could we mention it? Yes you can play alot of games on the WII with controllers, but then I rather compare it to the PS2.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2010, 03:43:47 AM »

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline stefcep2

« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2010, 03:48:20 AM »
Quote from: som99;552364
First off PS3 is more then a gaming machine, it's a great multimedia device, I can stream any movie format from my PC trough the network directly to my PS3.

meh.  plenty of cheap media players with bigger storage and networking that work better.
Secondly, I would never ever buy a WII, a hardcore gamer cant sit and flap his arms all day long.

you mean a gamer that likes to pretend he's a soldier/mythical warrior running around killing things.  Some of the BEST games in any genre are Wii/Nintendo exclusives.
Third, why would I buy a machine that has the same specs as a GC that is from 2001 and has nowhere near the graphics of either PS3 or 360?

Well Wii is double the power of a GC for a start.  Secondly beacsue motion control provides a unique enjoyable experinece.  Third the graphics mean  NOTHING if the game play is shyte.  And as I said 480p looks pretty good, even on a high-def TV.  
Fourth, I can watch Blue ray on my PS3.

Sure, if its important to you.
Also we where talking about sony and using Microsofts 360 as a alternative, ut the WII is nothing Like the PS3 so how could we mention it? Yes you can play alot of games on the WII with controllers, but then I rather compare it to the PS2.

The PS2 was inferior hardware to the GC, let alone the Wii.

Look, you're entitled to buy what you want, but people won't buy either a Ps3 or xbox as they do a Wii, by a big margin.  The "advantages" of the PS3/XBOX  you mention don't matter to many (most?) people buying consoles,  the sales figures say so!

And BTW its the Wii that brought about the price crashes of the Ps3 and Xbox, coz MS and sony simply had to do SOMETHING about being smashed in the sales.  And for Sony that meant giving you less and less with every release and price reduction.  And STILL they can't get the sales they need to be number one.  There's a message there somewhere, methinks.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:28:32 AM by stefcep2 »

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2010, 04:43:49 AM »
@stefcep2

All people know that nintendo wii is for casual gamers, maybe some good ones like super mario galaxy and the other mario but people that want to play real games dont need petz, animalz, wiifits, wiimotes...

@som99

Maybe you know it, but watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-9wLWQ4-uA&feature=player_embedded
a1200 060

Offline stefcep2

« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2010, 04:58:09 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;552376
@stefcep2

All people know that nintendo wii is for casual gamers, maybe some good ones like super mario galaxy and the other mario but people that want to play real games dont need petz, animalz, wiifits, wiimotes...

What's a "real game"?

Offline kickstart

« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2010, 05:08:38 AM »
@stefcep2

I prefer to play god of war 3 (by example) than any game that you need to care about horses, cats, dogs or making brain tests, dont need wiisports or wiifits for play, if i can sports i try real life sports.

Wii its wonderfull for nintendo business but nes, snes or gamecube are better like consoles, that is not a ps3/360 vs wii war sorry.
a1200 060

Offline stefcep2

« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2010, 06:27:28 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;552383
@stefcep2

I prefer to play god of war 3 (by example) than any game that you need to care about horses, cats, dogs or making brain tests, dont need wiisports or wiifits for play, if i can sports i try real life sports.

Like I said, PS3/XBOX=soldier/fantasy warrior killing things games ="hardcore".  Dweebs pretending to be heroes. By killing things.  LOL

The horsez, catz, dogs, puxzzle games cater for a particular audience.

Many other GREAT games cater for others, including dweebs that want to be heroes that kill things, but plenty of other game genres that are just plain FUN.

Wii its wonderfull for nintendo business but nes, snes or gamecube are better like consoles, that is not a ps3/360 vs wii war sorry.

Nintendo's Wii succeeded beacsue they were smart enough to offer a new and different gaming experinece that went beyond the usual "lets put more polygons, more anti-alasing to dress up the same rubbish we've been selling".

Offline CommodoreMan

• Show only replies by CommodoreMan
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2010, 06:28:10 AM »
could be worse, Sony could be making the PSP GO 2 hahahahaha

Offline marcfrick2112

• Show only replies by marcfrick2112
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2010, 07:35:46 AM »
Uhhhh... my head hurts after reading this thread.

I confess that I know nearly nothing about the PS3, or Linux.... (tho, I'm posting this on my Linux machine :) )

But, I will say that Sony does have a history of removing useful features in thier products... I've personally experienced this in everything from open-reel decks to VHS VCR's....

OK, no need to start a 'my console is better than yours' tirade.....

I'd like a Wii someday..... when I can afford it, and a mod chip to play imports..... I'm a shoot 'em up fan (fanatic?) and there's some nice Japanese shmups for the Wii.
---------------
Marc Frick
---------------
A1200T / \'060, 256MB, CD-R, OS3.9
A4000 w/ WarpEngine / 82MB , OS3.1
A4000 16MB, OS 3.9
A1200 , \'030 / 10MB
A1200 (stock)

CD32 :)

...And a very sick 4000T

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2010, 08:44:08 AM »
How about a MSSIAH v. Korg DS-10 (and Korg DS-10 Plus) comparison thread? It's kinda sorts console related. ;-) That's what I'll be up to this weekend when I have a bit of spare time.

Offline kickstart

« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2010, 06:07:01 PM »
Quote from: stefcep2;552390
Like I said, PS3/XBOX=soldier/fantasy warrior killing things games ="hardcore".  Dweebs pretending to be heroes. By killing things.  LOL

The horsez, catz, dogs, puxzzle games cater for a particular audience.

Many other GREAT games cater for others, including dweebs that want to be heroes that kill things, but plenty of other game genres that are just plain FUN.

Nintendo's Wii succeeded beacsue they were smart enough to offer a new and different gaming experinece that went beyond the usual "lets put more polygons, more anti-alasing to dress up the same rubbish we've been selling".

Then, amiga games like turrican, shadow of the beast and other arcader are for dweebs pretending heroes too?

Maybe if you say some of these funny games i can agree it too.
a1200 060