Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deneb VS Spider II USB Card  (Read 12200 times)

Description:

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
Re: Deneb VS Spider II USB Card
« Reply #59 from previous page: August 24, 2011, 06:24:35 AM »
@ Mike,

Thanks for your help via email with my Deneb issues.  Much appreciated.  :)
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Xanxi

• Show only replies by Xanxi
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2011, 07:17:02 AM »
Quote from: mboehmer_e3b;655955
Put your hat back on :-)

The most amazing thing was to find a bug (believed to be killed from Rev9 to Rev11 changes) in the last Buster Rev11. Personally, doing the DENEB development gave me quite some experiences on designing in a hostile environment, so to say.

Even the developer group from phase5 seems to have stumbled on some Buster Rev11 issues while doing the FastLane Z3, but they couldn't solve the problem... the DENEB V11 firmware does fix that Buster bug in "hardware" and allows operating Zorro III RAM next to one (1) DMA master finally in a stable way.
That was the most surprising issue... even the schematics published in the patent stuff for Zorro III seem to reflect that problem :-)

As stated already, I'm open for licensing the hardware design to some guy willing to invest  money on production and product service. Anyhow, this guy should better check first if he is priviledged enough to acquire the Poseidon licences needed for legally selling the cards he has spent his money on in advance, and on his own full risk.

Michael

Hello.

Are you sure you want to end production of this board? I think it would continue to sell at a minimal amount in the future. I own one, but would like to know i can buy a spare anytime in case of problem, and i could even use a second one for another miggy in the future. I just don't have the money to stock them for now. And i guess those boards won't be easy to find on the second handd market.
Besides, you could also extend the Deneb life by offering an upgrade to owner of older boards like the Algor/Highway.
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline mailman

• Show only replies by mailman
    • http://www.ppa.pl
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2012, 09:24:05 AM »
Quote from: mboehmer_e3b;655955
Put your hat back on :-)

The most amazing thing was to find a bug (believed to be killed from Rev9 to Rev11 changes) in the last Buster Rev11. Personally, doing the DENEB development gave me quite some experiences on designing in a hostile environment, so to say.

Even the developer group from phase5 seems to have stumbled on some Buster Rev11 issues while doing the FastLane Z3, but they couldn't solve the problem... the DENEB V11 firmware does fix that Buster bug in "hardware" and allows operating Zorro III RAM next to one (1) DMA master finally in a stable way.
That was the most surprising issue... even the schematics published in the patent stuff for Zorro III seem to reflect that problem :-)

As stated already, I'm open for licensing the hardware design to some guy willing to invest  money on production and product service. Anyhow, this guy should better check first if he is priviledged enough to acquire the Poseidon licences needed for legally selling the cards he has spent his money on in advance, and on his own full risk.

Since February 2010 Poseidon 4.4 works without a keyfile. What is the licensing issue then? Can't Deneb be sold without Poseidon?