Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My case convertion.  (Read 3435 times)

Description:

Offline brostenenTopic starter

• Show only replies by brostenen
Re: My case convertion.
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 01, 2019, 07:32:36 PM »
I've been following your blog. What a nice job you're doing

It's something I've had in mind to do for a long time but never taken the time to do it.

Well done.

Fred

Hi Fred.
Thanks for the kind words. :-) The thing, is that it is the first time that I do anything like this (cutting metal, converting stuff), though I have been doing a couple of hardware mod's before. Like 2x Amiga500 chipmem upgrades and fiddeling with that 5volt VIC-II chip in a 12volt board.

The only thing missing now, is actually a scandoubler, and building the keyboard. It is implanting an original a500 keyboard into an old AT keyboard shell. Though it might take some time before this project is finished. Founds are running low for vintage hardware here. :-(

Regarding the scandoubler. Then I have a choice between an IndivisionECS-V2 and an ScanPlusECS. They can both be bought brand new, and are way cheaper than vintage 1990's scandoubler's. Yet the question remains, wich one? I have a flatscreen Sony LCD monitor, that can sync to 50hz refresh rate. And I have an 19 inch ThinkVision from IBM, that can sync to 60hz refresh rate. The IndivisionECS-V2 need a monitor that can do at least 60hz or 62hz. The ScanPlusECS need a monitor that can do 50hz. The IndiVision have tons of settings, yet higher than 50hz do not make smooth scrolling at all. On the other hand, the ScanPlusECS do not have any tools, and are just plug and play. It deliver completely smooth scrolling and crisp and clear picture that have absolutely no error. So.... What to get?

I must confes that I have one of both in other machines, yet on this machine, I am kind of still asking my self what to get. They cost the same, more or less.

Offline CBH

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 12:29:27 PM »
Depends, does flickerfixing matter to you?

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 10:41:38 PM »
Depends, does flickerfixing matter to you?

If I can get 50hz refresh rate with flicker fixing, then yes. Else it does not matter. LCD's give a steady enough picture. :-)

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2019, 03:12:15 PM »
Well.... I decided to buy the Indivision ECS V2.

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2019, 02:32:25 PM »
It is all finished.... What I wanted to do since the early 90's are finished.