Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Copying ClassicWB icons (drawers) over MagicWB systemwide?  (Read 792 times)

Description:

Offline blakespotTopic starter

• Visit ByteCellar.com
    • Show only replies by blakespot
    • ByteCellar - The Vintage Computing Blog
Copying ClassicWB icons (drawers) over MagicWB systemwide?
« on: December 11, 2019, 12:08:22 AM »
I installed ClassicWB 68K ver on my A2000. I run at PAL hi-res (not laced). For a while I had a RTG video card running at higher res and installed the MagicWB icons (taller) everywhere. I’ve let the card go and want to go back to the ClassicWB drawer icons. Is there a process for this that’s automated? Kind of like the one MagicWB can do for drawer copying? Thanks.

bp
:: ByteCellar.com - The Vintage Computing Weblog
:: Amigas: 1000, 2000 '020, SAM440ep-Flex

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
Re: Copying ClassicWB icons (drawers) over MagicWB systemwide?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 12:16:40 AM »
Weird-O-Rama! I was just, like one minute ago, forming a post in my head to ask the exact same question!   
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline blakespotTopic starter

• Visit ByteCellar.com
    • Show only replies by blakespot
    • ByteCellar - The Vintage Computing Blog
Re: Copying ClassicWB icons (drawers) over MagicWB systemwide?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 05:05:30 AM »
I ended up just modifying the Update Drawers script that's part of MagicWB to take one of the desired drawers (a generic drawer icon from ClassicWB) and drop it everywhere on the target path. One hiccup was that the script checks for file size of the source icon -- so that had to be edited in order for the script to work. And my lack of understanding of what AmigaDOS uses to get this or that into RAM:Env-Archive necessitated me to manually copy over the RAM-based icon to get it working ---- but my disk now has the folder icons I wanted. :-)

bp
:: ByteCellar.com - The Vintage Computing Weblog
:: Amigas: 1000, 2000 '020, SAM440ep-Flex