Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quick and dirty video of my SAM440ep and AmigaOS 4.1.4 part two HD  (Read 9444 times)

Description:

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
Re: Quick and dirty video of my SAM440ep and AmigaOS 4.1.4 part two HD
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 09, 2012, 07:58:26 AM »
Quote from: TheDaddy;679935
Had a spare one, the other one is in my pc. :D

It gives:
Max Read: up to 525MB/s
Max Write: up to 500MB/s

against:

285MB/s, Write = 275MB/s of SATA2

You never know...with a pci SATA3 controller this thing would fly! :D
Sure OCZ are great. I have two Vertex 120GB ones in laptops, though I specifically got Vertex2 for the one that doesn't do SATA3, and Vertex3 for the newer laptop that does.

The only issue with the Sandforce chipset is that it slows down to about 50% performance when using crypto (the controller gets some of the performance by compressing/decompressing data on the fly and encrypted bitstream doesn't compress well -> performance loss).

Offline develin

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 09:53:30 AM »
Nice video,

What happens around 7:27 in the video...
It looks like there are 15 empty rows above the first files in the lister presented is this some kind of feature or something else ?

Offline TheDaddyTopic starter

• Show only replies by TheDaddy
    • http://www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 10:05:47 AM »
Quote from: develin;679942
Nice video,

What happens around 7:27 in the video...
It looks like there are 15 empty rows above the first files in the lister presented is this some kind of feature or something else ?

Thanks.

I am not sure I think it's just empty space, I think I selected show files in a row...not quite sure to be honest :)

PS: Playing those classics brought back some memories...it's just the idea of been able to mess around that fascinates me :)

Offline warpdesign

• Show only replies by warpdesign
    • http://www.warpdesign.fr
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 10:54:48 AM »
I'm sorry but I fail to see where you can see two different resolutions at the same time: the background screen is clearly displayed in the higher frontscreen's resolution (that's why Quake appears in a small part of the screen).

Now, what I'd like to see is quake 1 & quake 2 running, at the same time, on two different screens (using, of course, a single graphics card with dual-head). Now, that would be nice, and useful.

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 02:41:35 PM »
@warpdesign

I'm sorry but I fail to see where you can see two different resolutions at the same time: the background screen is clearly displayed in the higher frontscreen's resolution (that's why Quake appears in a small part of the screen).

Where does it say that?

Now, what I'd like to see is quake 1 & quake 2 running, at the same time, on two different screens (using, of course, a single graphics card with dual-head). Now, that would be nice, and useful.

If you have a dual head card with a SAM and OS4.1 you should have a go. I haven't got one or I could borrow yours.
I am in contact with one of the guys at ACube to see if a dual card set up can be run on the SAM but I am not sure it'll do what you say.
I'll amend any technical mistakes present in the video as I am not too OS4 proficient.
And english is not my first language :)

Offline Fats

• Show only replies by Fats
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;679859
Looks fantastic!

Am I the only person who has never played Quake (1, 2 or 3)?

No.
Staf.
Trust me...                                              I know what I\'m doing

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 08:14:16 PM »
There is one question that have being bothering me for a very long time!!! I have always loved my Amiga 1200, because the games it produces in the Amiga monitor is not pixalated and it feels like a console, you know what I mean? Like the SNES and stuff like that. The problem I hate with WinUAE and in a PC is that the games are indeed pixalated even if you use the tv emulation in the emulator it never feels the same as a real Amiga classic does with it's games and stuff like that.

What about SAM now and the rest of these new Amiga PPC hardware? When they play those classical games and or modern OS 4.1 games, are they pixalated like the PC or do they feel like the classic Amiga does?

Especially when it comes to playing classic Amiga games on the SAM 440 or 460 for example or the computer that is shown in this video....do the games FEEL identical 100% in terms of feeling and quality on the monitor and on the SAM 440 or 460 or OS 4.1 as a real Amiga does on a TV, or they have the same feeling as a normal PC does in WinUAE?

Thanks in advance.

Offline yakumo9275

• Show only replies by yakumo9275
    • http://mega-tokyo.com/blog
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 08:36:59 PM »
if your using an LCD, then its no different from winuae. the lcd resolution is fixed, and will most of the time, scale anything that is not its native resolution.
--/\\-[ Stu ]-/\\--
Commodore 128DCR, JiffyDOS, Ultimate 1541 II, uIEC/SD, CBM 1902A  Monitor

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 09:03:19 PM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;679998
There is one question that have being bothering me for a very long time!!! I have always loved my Amiga 1200, because the games it produces in the Amiga monitor is not pixalated and it feels like a console, you know what I mean? Like the SNES and stuff like that. The problem I hate with WinUAE and in a PC is that the games are indeed pixalated even if you use the tv emulation in the emulator it never feels the same as a real Amiga classic does with it's games and stuff like that.

What about SAM now and the rest of these new Amiga PPC hardware? When they play those classical games and or modern OS 4.1 games, are they pixalated like the PC or do they feel like the classic Amiga does?

Especially when it comes to playing classic Amiga games on the SAM 440 or 460 for example or the computer that is shown in this video....do the games FEEL identical 100% in terms of feeling and quality on the monitor and on the SAM 440 or 460 or OS 4.1 as a real Amiga does on a TV, or they have the same feeling as a normal PC does in WinUAE?

Thanks in advance.

As others have said to get the perfect reproduction you need a CRT monitor and DAX's guide.
I am not that bothered as I have only got space for a TFT and can't be bothered with massive CRT anymore. On my 24" the games still look decent because of the trick that RunInUAE uses so it's good enough for me :)

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 07:53:46 PM »
Uploaded the video again as there was a mistake... :)