Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So, where was "X" at AmiWest?  (Read 11615 times)

Description:

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
Re: So, where was "X" at AmiWest?
« Reply #44 from previous page: December 17, 2011, 10:42:04 PM »
Check Google Earth, maybe the X is more visible from altitude?

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2011, 11:43:09 PM »
Quote from: _ThEcRoW;671761
He clearly insulted morphos people, referring to the old macs.
Oh, well that makes it totally different then.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2011, 12:49:06 AM »
Quote from: ajlwalker;671752
Ok, I'll bite.  Where are your examples of the OS4 community downplaying "X"?  Of course I'll need plenty of examples given that you reference the whole community.  I'll need examples of them hyping it in the first place too.

You're joking right?

Oh, and jorks accusing anyone of being obtuse is frankly ****ing hilarious. So cheers for the laugh at least jorks.

Doesn't mean he didn't have a good point and on this particular topic he's right on the money.  Go look at the original marketing literature for the A1X1K and the years worth of people day dreaming all kinds of insane things about the "xena" and "xorro", all the bs about scientific computing and the like, then go watch guys ask steven solie questions about that  during a recent conference and he stumbles, laughs about it and basically says he has no idea what it's for and he has no idea about whether or not there will be tools to even support it on AOS. The lead developer dude on the project has no idea what the "X" parts in the "Amiga One 'X' 1000"  (the flagship machine) are for what the status of the dev tools are.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:53:52 AM by koaftder »

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2011, 01:30:13 AM »
Quote from: ribdevil1;671740
And it's more funy, how people with old and crapy no more selling computers, (like Apple PPC) think are superior people, cause their CLONIC Amiga OS.

Maybe these old machines are more powerfull than your sam of your signature, its hard but true.
a1200 060

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2011, 01:37:13 AM »
Quote from: jorkany;664848
Talking about Xena, Xorro, and SMP demonstrations on the X1000. Any video footage, pictures or write-ups on demonstrations of "The Power of X"? Did any scientific users take note?

It was clear to me from the beginning that the addition of the XMOS processor on the Nemo motherboard was just something for third party hardware developers to play with.

Where did you get your impression that A-Eon, or Hyperion would be doing any development that would take advantage of the XMOS technology?  I must have missed that announcement.

I agree that the time to develop and release the X1000 system has been unfortunately long, but then no one involved in this project to my knowledge has any previous experience in creating a new motherboard from scratch that is intended only for the Amiga market, so it is not surprising to me that it has taken longer than any of them first expected.

Luckily for those interested in purchasing such a system, the wait is almost over.  If you are really interested in the X1000 project, perhaps you should have purchased one of the beta test systems so you could have provided something constructive to the project.  It is no too late to do so.  You could purchase one of the "First Contact" X1000 systems and begin some productive work for it's ongoing development.

Or, you could continue your attempts to ridicule and embarrass the people who are really interested in this project, even though your comments do nothing but cause further conflict and hinder cooperation and progress.

It is your choice which path you tread.  You can be a positive influence, a negative influence, or you can give up trying to influence in either direction and choose something that really interests you and spend your time and energy there.

There will be plenty of opportunities for you and others to be critical of what the X1000 and XMOS will be in the future when it is available and in use with the general public, but my suggestion is that you find something else to concentrate your energy on that you can be a positive influence on and give up your efforts to cast negative impressions on any projects.  It is a waste of time, energy and bandwidth.

Life is short, make better use of it.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline ribdevil1

• Show only replies by ribdevil1
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2011, 08:19:50 AM »
To drive in the city I don't need a Ferrari, only a good car.

And a SAM it's the AMIGA, that I need.
Viva AMIGA:roflmao:
Amiga 1200 -Blizzapd PPC + BVision + Mediator OS 3.9 + OS 4.0 Classic
SAM 440 Flex 800Mhz + 1Gb + Ati 9250 OS4.1u2
AmigaOne X5000 + 8Gb + Radeon R9 270

It\'s my new CHAMELEON 64 A C64 or an AMIGA ?

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »
Quote from: _ThEcRoW;671761
He clearly insulted morphos people, referring to the old macs.

Oh... then please stop dragging MorphOS into your AmigaOne civil war.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook