Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Directly towards Amiga.Org  (Read 10473 times)

Description:

Offline StarkeTopic starter

• Show only replies by Starke
Re: Directly towards Amiga.Org
« Reply #104 from previous page: January 31, 2007, 03:04:02 AM »
@Guru 666

why do you insist on this resurection, what does this mean?

I mean, lets support AROS. I think this would be our best bet, as AROS wishes to stay true more so than Amiga Inc to Amiga users.

Of which, I want a newer Amiga, Nothing against the cool A4000T, my friends got one, but Id rather a ppc 933mhz, which isnt new, I know, but hey, that seems to be the last ones made, and seem to be hard to get one too. A1, I know.

Also, I dont see whats wrong with my thinking, Im sure many users want a newer Amiga, ontop of this, Im sure mayn younger folk, like myself, would find themselves buying a new Amiga computer if and when it finally comes out.

Cheers.
 8-)  8-)
AMIGA will rise!

« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2007, 03:07:26 AM »
Another note here:
What do I mean you asked, I mean, I know we have all supported Amiga in some form shape or way, But why dont you support an Amiga team thats worthwhile supporting, a team that wants to make Amiga bigger and better,

AROS

Seem to want this in a way. Thats kinda blunt to me, as I can see them still designing new Graphical programs, and other important using type of software.

Im at work, so Ill answer some of your other questions later.

8-)  8-)
AND GURU 666, Im glad you wanna work with me in a way here, thanks for no longer giving me hell over this, but for trying to undersatnd where im coming from.
AMIGA will rise!

Offline shillard

• Show only replies by shillard
    • http://www.shillard.com
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2007, 03:39:52 AM »

Starke wrote:
Seem to want this in a way. Thats kinda blunt to me, as I can see them still designing new Graphical programs, and other important using type of software.

Im at work, so Ill answer some of your other questions later.

8-)  8-)
AND GURU 666, Im glad you wanna work with me in a way here, thanks for no longer giving me hell over this, but for trying to undersatnd where im coming from.

Ah!

I get it!

Pidgin!

"See you Jimmy, where am dat warty-melon?"
Ewige Blumenkraft!

Offline melange

• Show only replies by melange
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2007, 08:20:07 PM »
He has a cunning plan.  As cunning as a stick in a bucket of pig swill.
Making us Aussie's look great as he boldly goes where too many have been before.
What an awesome thread.  One of the most entertaining (if not a little deranged) I have read yet.    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :boohoo:  :boohoo:  :-?
2 x A1200 Blizzard IV 030@50Mhz
1 x A3000D 030@25Mhz
1 x A2000 030@25Mhz
1 x A2000, 2 x A600
2 x A500

« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2007, 02:26:44 PM »
MELANGE:

Im glad that you arent the only one deranged on these forums.

Have a nice nite.

Cheers.

8-)  8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline Kathyone

• Show only replies by Kathyone
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2007, 08:39:32 AM »
I think you have some great ideas for AROS.  I think AROS is a great idea, but as you said, it needs some capital.  I think your RED HAT idea rocks.
I hope however, that OS4 can be salvaged.  I hope AI doesn't get it as I don't think they will do anything with it.  Hyperion got frustrated because they were getting messed with so much.  I think we should support Hyperion with emails and find out what really happened before we condemn them.  I hate OSX since 10.4.   I always thought you should be able to have a quick real time like OS without all the bloat and beachballs.  QNX was the best option but stupid Gateway wanted linux.  That was foolish.  The PPC still has some life.  They need to get the powr efficient going.  It is a nice chip.  Alpha CPU team and other great CPU people working on it.  INTEL is competing against apple.  IF only OS4 could have come out while first version of OSX was still out.  Everyone hated OSX then.  It has been the only game in town besides Microsoft.  I don't like it.  OS4 is better in many ways.  Syllable is multi user.  It has a long way to go though to be usable every day.  Atheos file system rocks, though.  Great ideas.  We do need to support Hyperion.  And in some form try to get Amiga Inc to treat them fairly.  Then we can salvage things yet.  There is definitely a need for a small, fast OS that can be used everyday.  We must try to support them by giving some small amount and trying to help them gauge interest.  Let us send them some support on the forums too.  They are getting rocked.  Let's try to bring them together for the sake of the community if possible.

Offline Kathyone

• Show only replies by Kathyone
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2007, 08:50:47 AM »
We need another 20 question section right now but with some real answers.  Maybe we need to band together to raise some capital to buy out Amiga Inc.  If we all get together and stop all the insults and seriously work together, we can all get what we want.  A small fast OS AND good hardware.  Then some great NEW programmers to make a whole new generation of new great games and new killer apps.  There are some there working hard with limited support right now.  We do need to support the platform.  Linux doesn't rock.  Neither does OSX.  It is only because there isn't much better out there for competition.  OS4, haiku, and Syllable and AROS come to mind but we need to get more for them and unify behind the OS. AND hardware.  We need to take steps to help.  How about making it a priority and get rid of the defeatism.  Unless you want to give up like some and just go the status quo route.  I don't.  I am still and Amigan.We had the best third party devs on the planet at one time.  Commodore days.  Can still happen.

Offline Lagoth

• Show only replies by Lagoth
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2007, 12:47:51 PM »
@Starke:

Basically I agree with these sentiments, it is nice to see there is still some idealism in the Amiga community. I perfectly understand the pessimism which has pervaded the community in the last 5 years or so, the behaviour of Amino/KMOS has been both incompetent and unethical.

@All:

It is important to be open about the future of the Amiga. Half the problem is that there have always been many people willing to write off the Amiga as a platform, this was a problem even during the 1980s when the mainly US-centric business applications industry ignored the Amiga, and has spread from there. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy to say that a platform is dead.

@yetihw:

>I love the Amiga however I have no intention on purchasing an 800 dollar motherboard. Only the truly dedicated take such a step and those seem to total around 2000.

As soon as an AmigaOne emulator is available you will see the OS4 userbase rise considerably :-) I think such an emulator would be a killer app for the Amiga.

Offline amiga92570

• Show only replies by amiga92570
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2007, 01:26:03 PM »
"How can all of you expect Amiga Inc, yet alone Amiga to continue on in ful strength in the future, with already its own Amiga supoorters not even supporting them??" -Starke

I do not believe it is an Amiga users responsiblity to support Amiga. I think it is Amiga Inc. responsiblity to support the Amiga users, which they have not. This is usually how companies stay in business, by supporting users and collecting the users hard earned cash for products that the users can buy and use.
Amiga92570
==========================
(1) 4000T/040 (2)3000t CS 060/233ppc Picasso IV video, (2)D-box 1200 blizzard 060/200ppc Mediator fastATA, (1)amiga 1200 Power tower, (1)amiga 1200 EZ tower with mediator,1200/030/50mhz, (3) amiga 500 with CSA Mega Midget Racer and Trump card AT, (2) amiga 600 one with M-tec 030, (3) CD32 one sx32, two sx32-pro, More accessories and parts than I want to admit to