Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor  (Read 40268 times)

Description:

Offline cehofer

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #149 from previous page: May 28, 2022, 02:48:25 PM »
I contacted Amiga On the Lake and they said Amigakit has decided to stop selling them.

Offline AmigaOldskooler

• a.k.a Puni/Void
    • Show only replies by AmigaOldskooler
    • Old School Game Blog
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2022, 10:48:20 AM »
@cehofer

Are you asking if it is still available? If so,

It is listed here

Was also mentioned being available at Alinea and perhaps a few other places.

I requested someone post a more complete listing of those offering the system, but no one cared to do so afaik.

article on topic

Challenge accepted.  ;) Made a list here, but will do some investigations with shops to hear about the current situation, so aim to keep this updated.

https://oldschoolgameblog.com/2022/05/29/where-to-buy-amigaos-4-x-compatible-systems/

Update May 29th: Relec has replied - added information about The Red One (Sam460LE) and AmigaOne X5040.
Update May 30th: Updated with replies from Amedia Computer and Amiga on the Lake
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 07:02:27 AM by AmigaOldskooler »

The following users thanked this post: klx300r, cehofer

Offline cehofer

« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2022, 12:21:11 PM »
I contacted Alinea Computer Shop and they said they are only X5000 distributor for Germany.  Since I amin US, no go.  >:(

I have contacted Amigakit at the same time and no response but that would the first time that they havent responded to me. 

I should have purchased an x5000 but got caught up in being an early adopter of Tabor. I have also asked Amigakit on what to do besides register the AAA serial number and again, no response.   It is so nice to treat a customer who paid you $200 to get on the list.  Not happy at all!

AmigaOldSkooler,   I like your site! 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 12:48:53 PM by cehofer »

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2022, 09:16:32 PM »
@cehofer

Does your Amiga Inc t-shirt still fit? I guess your coupon is framed on your wall?
 ;D

Seriously though the X5000/40 will be released any day now with System 54, Worms Armageddon, and a chocolate teapot. Trevor will deliver it by parachute from a new production line F-22 Raptor Stealth Fighter "when it's done"!  ;D

The A1222 Plus will arrive for the heralded 100 by special delivery via Steven Solie riding a flying unicorn with boxed copies of Wings Remastered and Octamed PPC, ImageFX and a free beanie baby Ben Hermans!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 09:28:09 PM by BozzerBigD »
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2022, 09:36:20 PM »
... additionally on Sunday when Wales attempt to qualify for their first World Cup since 1958, Matthew Leamans has been selected as Aaron Ramsey's replacement promising to sponsor the event and give away a Prisma Megamix and a guide on how to run a Rapid Road USB off its clock port socket to every individual in the stadium!

"Only Amiga!"  ;D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 09:37:51 PM by BozzerBigD »

Offline cehofer

« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2022, 01:37:28 AM »
BozzerBigD

What nonsense are you spewing???   An attempt at humor perhaps??  Remember the saying, "Open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

I have been in contact with Amedia Computer.   They have x5000 5040 systems and motherboards in stock and I am ordering one.    It wont be delivered by Trevor or a unicorn but one of the mail carriers.   

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2022, 07:31:55 AM »
Oh yeah, I see the X5000/40s now listed next to said unicorn poo and F-22 Raptor custom jigs and tooling. Thanks for clearing that up!

Offline cehofer

« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2022, 06:00:13 PM »
What is your point?

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2022, 07:24:06 PM »
They are not advertising the new X5000/40 so whatever your contact has told you they are not technically 'in stock' / 'for sale' and have not even been officially launched despite beta testers and Trevor having one!

It's like an elite club where if you know a mate that knows Trevor or a dealer they might be able to sort you out with some illicit AmigaOne gear! An horrendous way to do business! Why would anyone part with $2,000+ on such a basis?

Offline number6

« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2022, 11:58:26 PM »
@BozzerBigD

I'm a little confused as to why you are a little confused. heh.

we've known about systems available since mid March
which is why I felt comfortable offering the link to Amedia and also noted Alinea.

Everything AmigaOldskooler has posted seems entirely accurate to me and I thank him for his effort.

*shrug*

Offline walkero

« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2022, 11:22:29 AM »
@AmigaOldskooler
A nice article there. Thanks for making it.
It seems that Relec's photos of the X5000 have the power supply upside down, dragging hot air from inside the case into it, which is not a good practice.
Usually, the cases have openings at the bottom, underneath the power supply position, so that it can get cold air from a different area than the one the front fan blows.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 11:25:23 AM by walkero »

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #160 on: June 04, 2022, 12:56:12 AM »
@number6

Fine, I saw the AmigaOldSkooler news in March but I missed the news about the new model and I apologise to cehofer that I called him on the X5000/40 being available albeit 'under the counter' as I see it! In just over 12 years we've from clever viral marketing from A-EON to just a shrug and silent dumping of the premium model presumably just before the wheels completely fall off the AmigaOne project?! There has been NO distinction between the release to beta testers and now the general public. There is no buzz just an expectation that if you know what it is then you already know where to look!

To be fair the Relec bundle and case looks great, it's just £2,000 plus for a system with an uncertain future and with a key partner in AmigaKit dropping this 'premium' X5000/40 model (and indeed all NG hardware until the A1222 Plus is ready), it just doesn't encourage a sale from me. But I guess it would from someone wanting to upgrade from the X5000/20 model presumably for a better Linux experience to use those extra cores? How big the market now for this sort of thing? Presumably too small to bother advertising its availability?

I'd like a better version of Photogenics (rock stable with better text options and better/more intuitive layer support) and also a version of Deluxe Paint with multiple undo rather than all this out of reach hardware!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 01:09:43 AM by BozzerBigD »

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #161 on: June 04, 2022, 01:26:41 AM »
@number6

... and the RELEC deal is still for the X5000/20 not the new model! Very confusing for the consumer! But what's 2G amongst friends of Trevor hey?  It doesn't matter if you understand what your getting or even if your PSU is fitted the right way around as long as you can open and close windows in AmigaOS 4.x! ::)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 01:28:21 AM by BozzerBigD »

Offline Rob

« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2022, 02:11:49 PM »
@BozzerBigD

Why would we expect you to spend money on AmigaONE hardware when you won't even download a free to try MorphOS ISO for hardware you already own.   

Offline cehofer

« Reply #163 on: June 04, 2022, 02:13:15 PM »
This is from a1222plus.com. "To ensure there are no hardware surprises at least five motherboards are being manufactured to prove the updated A1222 Plus design changes. A-EON has partnered with ACube Systems s.r.l to handle this process.

Following the successful proof of design, the Early Adopter batch will be manufactured and it is currently estimated that delivery will commence in the second quarter of 2021."

If Acube is testing but now releasing a new updated SAM460LE, what does that mean?   Filling in for the delay or design/discontinued parts?   Acube has filled in the gaps before in NG boards.

Offline cehofer

« Reply #164 on: June 04, 2022, 03:41:35 PM »
Once I get my x5000 5040 i will be glad to be a beta tester.  Just contact me.  I also have a4T, a4kDs a2000 that I can do a lot of legacy testing if needed as well.