Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Installed right angled adaptor, prism2.device stops working  (Read 1743 times)

Description:

Re: Installed right angled adaptor, prism2.device stops working
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 09, 2005, 02:32:20 AM »

Homer wrote:
It certainly could. Time for a close look with magnification methinks. Hope thats not damaged anything else :-(

Well, i reinstalled everything from scratch and now when I have a Voodoo screenmode selected the icons disappear, i only get text, and the mouse pointer is a huge block of random pixels about 2 inches square.  Hope it's not related. :-(

-edit

It's fine with AGA modes though, but i am have installed PowerIcons and KensIcons. Gonna get the magnifying glass to it tommorow, and also wipe DH0: and not install powericons or kens icons until i've setup the voodoo.

Offline ncafferkey

• Show only replies by ncafferkey
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 04:08:44 PM »

mdma wrote:

ncafferkey wrote:
The other option would be to borrow or buy some other PCMCIA card that has an Amiga driver. I'm sure you could pick up a 28k modem very cheaply for example :-)

Har har, very funny Neil.

It's this bloody right angled adapter thats caused all the hassle, as the netgear card worked fine with your prism2.device until i put it in the adapter.  :pissed:

I didn't mean you should use a modem for your internet connection, just that you could use it to check if the adapter or the card was responsible for the problem. Isn't it possible that some cards wouldn't like their lines being stretched too much?

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 04:14:24 PM »

ncafferkey wrote:

mdma wrote:

ncafferkey wrote:
The other option would be to borrow or buy some other PCMCIA card that has an Amiga driver. I'm sure you could pick up a 28k modem very cheaply for example :-)

Har har, very funny Neil.

It's this bloody right angled adapter thats caused all the hassle, as the netgear card worked fine with your prism2.device until i put it in the adapter.  :pissed:

I didn't mean you should use a modem for your internet connection, just that you could use it to check if the adapter or the card was responsible for the problem. Isn't it possible that some cards wouldn't like their lines being stretched too much?

Ah, I see. I was VERY tetchy at the time of writing. :-)

Got myself a magnifying glass now, so i'm gonna strip the tower to pieces and check every track on the adaptor as I'm sure two of the track ends are touching.

It's possible that the lines are too long too i suppose, but the thing that baffles me is that miami can't open the prism2.device, but Prepcard shows the name and model number of the card that is plugged in. :-?

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2005, 12:45:48 AM »
Well I fecked if I know whats going on with this sodding thing.

Got my magnifying glass to the adapter made sure no tracks were crossing each other, and put my amiha back together in its tower.

Same problem again, thinking maybe miami has gone haywire i install genesis and get the same problem.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want a free Amiga?

Just kidding. :-D

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2005, 02:29:04 PM »
Perhaps you could ask your dealer for a replacement right-angle adaptor?
Did you plug in the PCMCIA wireless card the right way?

I never used one of those before, so I'm only guessing here.

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 04:04:09 PM »

x56h34 wrote:
Perhaps you could ask your dealer for a replacement right-angle adaptor?
Did you plug in the PCMCIA wireless card the right way?

I never used one of those before, so I'm only guessing here.

It has little grooves on each side of the card so it can't plug in the wrong way.

I'm gonna use the winblows method once more (format+reinstall), before asking for a replacement adaptor. :-(

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2005, 04:12:54 PM »
Perhaps you could ask a friend with a laptop to try out the right-angle adapter for you?
As someone else suggested, you could try using a regular PCMCIA 16bit network card or a modem, just to see if it works in the right-angle adapter...or even a PCMCIA 16bit memory card.

It could be that the adapter itself causes some sort of interfearance with this particular PCMCIA WLAN card.

Can anyone confirm that they successfully used this or any other PCMCIA WLAN card with A1200 and a right-angle adapter?

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2005, 05:17:59 PM »

x56h34 wrote:
Perhaps you could ask a friend with a laptop to try out the right-angle adapter for you?
As someone else suggested, you could try using a regular PCMCIA 16bit network card or a modem, just to see if it works in the right-angle adapter...or even a PCMCIA 16bit memory card.

It could be that the adapter itself causes some sort of interfearance with this particular PCMCIA WLAN card.

Can anyone confirm that they successfully used this or any other PCMCIA WLAN card with A1200 and a right-angle adapter?

I could try my own laptop i suppose!  I didn't think of that, i am a stupid man! :-D