Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Comments About AmigaKit  (Read 2362 times)

Description:

Offline BozzerBigDTopic starter

Comments About AmigaKit
« on: June 23, 2022, 08:53:45 AM »
I can now live without their slow to non-existent customer service and products and I guess that's true for a large proportion of the Amiga market. THAT'S A PROBLEM FOR AMIGAKIT NOT ME!!

I now have RetroPassion and AmigaStore.EU who are friendly and answer tickets, queries and emails in a timely manner. Yes, RetroPassion couldn't afford the time to attempt a repair on my PS2 but he communicated that eventually and you move on. AmigaKit don't allow you to do that but I'm over it. It's OK as long as they don't need my ongoing financial support which won't be freely given.

Sorry Matthew, thanks for all the help in the past.
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline amigakit

Re: Comments About AmigaKit
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 11:10:10 AM »
"non-existent customer service":  I was baffled by your comments so I quickly checked your last two recent orders placed (within a year).  Both were sent out wthin 24 hours and we had had no customer services queries from you about any of them.   In fact the order in January we answered your technical pre-sales query same day and then sent out the resulting order immediately.   That seems like effective customer service- but I notice you don't mention it.   So can you elaborate on your grievance ?   

Clearly we provide you with a lot more than "non-existent" service and you don't seem to recognise that.  I presume you are happy with our service in regards to using AMIGA.org and other websites we maintain (AmigaWorld.net etc) ?  When was the last time you donated something for the services you use on a day to day basis?  A token donation such as buying us a cup of coffee for years of running these services is a small gesture of thanks.   Instead we seem to get posts seemingly designed to portray unfavourably contrary to the fact that you are happy to consistently use our services for the last 16 years.

www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 11:40:58 AM »
Fine, yes I'm happy with my new mouse and further back the repaired A4000T, floppy disk drive and numerous other in person dealings with you at shows and in Cardiff... cheers!

However, what I am less than happy with is the fact that I open query tickets about products that go in and out of stock in the time it takes you to ignore my questions (you don't even acknowledge that I asked the question)! That isn't customer service and you'd have probably got a Prisma Megamix sale out of me with or without compatibility with the Rapid Road USB IF YOU'D ANSWERED THE QUESTION 2+ YEARS AGO WHEN I FIRST ASKED IT!

Seriously, I just asked you if you'd sell me a joystick switcher mobo if you are having problems populating them because I'll attempt to do it myself if I have to. I really need 2No. of your product Code: JOYMSESW2 but you ignore me over and over and over again!!!!!

I am also insterested in the A1222 Plus but I simply cannot buy it off you if and when it becomes available because of these communication problems. I've called RetroPassion out on this too but he has always explained his position eventually. YOU NEVER HAVE REGARDING THE JOYSTICK SWITCHER OR THE PRISMA MEGAMIX DESPITE REGULAR REMINDERS AND NOW SHOUTING ON A FORUM (which seems the only way to get your attention sometimes sadly)!!!!

Infuriating doesn't quite cut it....

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 11:51:52 AM »
I am saddened that it come to this because as I say I have had nothing but good dealings with you and Christopher in person but I have had items shipped from China during the pandemic faster than it's taken you to consider populating the Joystick Switcher units and inform me about the ETA! Ironically, two of the Chinese parts were 9-pin 90 degree adapters to use with the CD32 compatible joypad/joystick switchers (originally Solidcore's design and then yours if indeed you supplied them). :-(

No hard feelings just a feeling of apathy and sadness really towards the state of things...

Additionally, I WILL consider donating towards the upkeep of the two sites mentioned if this is cleared up. Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:56:24 AM by BozzerBigD »

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 12:14:34 PM »
Do you know what the worst part of this is? It is the fact that this reminds me less of the 'stella' customer service I've received from Eyetech and then from you in the past and reminds me more of how Alive Mediasoft Ltd were in the last few months of trading! It's awful and I already regret making the comparison as you have always delivered goods I've paid for and Alive failed to deliver me AmigaOS 3.5 keeping the money when they knew they were going under but the way customer communication is failing reminds me of those days!

I wish you well and appreciate all you've done and I don't want you to go under as a business but we need each other and this ship feels like it's sinking to be honest!!

Offline amigakit

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 12:25:39 PM »
Rapid Road:  this is not our product and we do not stock it, have you asked the same question to Individual Computers?  The Prisma have been sold out for some time and Rapid Road is long discontinued. 

Joystick switcher:  we have already told you by email that we will make it available again for ordering in future once we have time.  We build hundreds of customer products in house every month and have a few dozen products in development.  All of this takes up our time.   We also need to run a new batch of plastic cases once we assemble them which are bespokely cut for the three DB9 sockets.   This is a five percent margin product so it is low prioirty with the other more profitable items we produce which pay our wages.

A1222 Plus:  this is an A-EON product, to be manufactured by ACube on behalf of A-EON.  AmigaKit is not a distributor of the boards and not involved in manufacturing in any way.

Infuriating doesn't quite cut it....

As you have clearly stated that you are not buying any of the items from us, then all of the above is a non-issue. 

Additionally, I WILL consider donating towards the upkeep of the two sites mentioned if this is cleared up. Thank you.
Please do not donate if your donation is conditional or transactional.  Donations are there for genuine reasons to show appreciation, even as a small token of buying a coffee.

I have had items shipped from China during the pandemic faster than it's taken you to consider populating the Joystick Switcher units and inform me about the ETA!
You are deliberately posting misleading comments:  we have not sold you/taken any money from you for a Joystick switcher.  We have not given you any ETA or made any pre-order with you.    So any random package order from China will arrive faster than a speculative future order that does not yet exist.

the 'stella' customer service I've received from Eyetech and then from you in the past
Can your last order from January 2022 that was sent out within 24 hours be classed as the past?  Its more recent in my mind.

I don't want you to go under as a business
From here, it looks like you are deliberately trying to discredit our business, on our forum.

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 01:12:10 PM »
There is more to life than you 'saving face'. It is a fact that you have until now FAILED to comment on the Prisma Megamix. It wasn't out of stock when I asked the question but since you sold them all I guess the fact that you lost my sale doesn't matter?! You included a clock port on the Prisma and I wanted to know what it was useful for! That was a reasonable question about YOUR product. You didn't acknowledge the question had been asked and this is the first time in over two years that you have acknowledged it!

I understand the CD32 compatible joystick switcher is a low margin product and that you have taken no money from me, however the damage that can be induced to CIA chips etc from 'hot swapping' is considerable and hence the items are considered important to me. I would appreciate an update as to 'ballpark' when you think you may be able to provide them. e.g. 1st quarter 2023 for example.

I understand everything is "When it's done!" around here but this is important to me and I would appreciate further communication about it.

I'm sure that whether the A1222 Plus is an A-EON product or not, YOU ARE helping to bring it to market and it is disingenuous to suggest otherwise. The truth will out.

To clarify I am not trying to discredit your business and as already stated I have called RetroPassion out for similar practices. Saving face seems to be THE priority all round IMHO. To remind you, it is a good thing when customers show an interest in YOUR products and if you sell them irrespective of the manufacturer they ARE your products!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 01:34:11 PM by BozzerBigD »

Offline amigakit

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 01:39:30 PM »
Well yes, we do have to "save face" as you put it.  When you post exaggerations that amount to discreditiing our business then we have right to reply.  Posting quotes such "non-existent service" is clearly wrong.  This is our livelihood, which you probably do not consider.  We operate in a niche low margin market.  As a consumer you now have plenty of choice of pop-up part time "dealers" who maybe will be gone within a year or two.   We have served the community for nearly two decades and build for long term establishment.   Our longevity makes us an easy target for those that take our services for granted.

Prisma: It is not the point that Prisma has a clockport so therefore should support Rapid Road.  It is vice versa, the Rapid Road needs to be able to be put onto a clockport provided by Prisma or another third party device.   If you ask Individual Computers you will get the answer- I suspect the answer will be that it will void the Rapid Road's warranty and is not supported.

Joystick switcher:  we have no ETA for it as stated previously, not even a ball park date.

A1222 Plus: there are many contributors to this project, however it does not change the fact it is solely an A-EON product reliant on system software from third parties.

This forum is not for trolling.  It is supposed to be a collaborative environment where like minded users can share ideas and help solve common problems.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 01:43:00 PM »
P.S. You were selling the Rapid Road and the Prisma when I asked the question. Also, it is news to me that you won't be distributing the A1222 Plus.

Good luck with you other endeavours that 'pay the wages'!

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 01:55:25 PM »
I am not trolling. As demonstrated here, unless you are summoned into 'saving face mode', some questions go unanswered for years. I am entitled to clear this up anyway that works. The ticket system on your website SHOULD work but doesn't always. Also, if you are too overworked to finish the CD32 joypad switchers YOU could collaborate with 'the community' to get it finished considering you have the mobos. Yes, you'd lose your margin but you've implied 5% is hardly worth your while anyway!

I had hoped that increased competition may have made you knuckle down on the 'soft skills' element of customer service I've mentioned but at the end of the day I see now that you only judge yourself by how efficiently you are able to undertake financial transactions and shipping etc. In stands to reason in a pre-order rampant/low quantity/custom niche market you think you'll sell out the units you have in stock eventually and hence answering queries or trying to convince people to buy products they otherwise would give a pass on is less of a priority. Oh well.

Also, no need to take a cheap jab at RetroPassion. In football you're only as good as your last result and AmigaKit is only as good as your last order fulfillment/query ticket response! That's commerce and where does loyalty get us? Hyperion attempting to destroy the whole market that's where! Therefore, competition is healthy to stop anyone being too big for their boots! Don't increase your foot size as they're getting tight IMHO!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 01:59:54 PM by BozzerBigD »

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 02:44:28 PM »
Amigakit,

So make some new Prisma Megamix's then I've wanted one for a long time. It's a good idea. redesign if need be but, needed kit!

Chris

Offline amigakit

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 03:15:19 PM »
@QuikSanz

We are looking now at a new simpler redesign with new software.   Unfortunately I can't yet give an ETA on when this will be completed.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2022, 03:40:50 PM »
I am not trolling.

Well, ask yourself this: if you were talking with us face to face at a show or in the office, would you tell us that we have "non-existant service" ?  I suspect not because besides not being polite, it is a blatant exaggaration of the truth.  Therefore, why are you posting this on our forum?

Also, no need to take a cheap jab at RetroPassion.
We did not reference third parties- another example of you attempting to stir the pot. 

I had hoped that increased competition may have made you knuckle down on the 'soft skills' element of customer service
To bolster our customer service, in the last year we have taken on a new Despatcher called Ross who is an excellent addition to the team.  We also have added Andy to our payroll as our in house developer- a very capable and experienced resource.   The revenue we get from sales, gets reinvested into the Amiga community through new staff members or software/hardware/website development.

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2022, 05:24:13 PM »
Thank you for a direct reply, I have inquired about this before and never received a response. I look forward to a new device. May need 2!

Chris

Offline Rob

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 06:04:31 PM »
@BozzerBigD
I am also insterested in the A1222 Plus
Pull the other one.