Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I am making a movie. Looking for all video game experts.  (Read 4718 times)

Description:

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
Re: I am making a movie. Looking for all video game experts.
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2004, 03:09:56 AM »
@weirdami

yea, i thought it sounded alittle bit off, and for him knowing what our name was for credits, I would hate for a game company to deal with me for recording the footage of my gameplay, and have him blaim me for the recording. I think if it ever is out in stores, then I will buy a copy and have Doomy sign it.  :lol:
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline robot

• Show only replies by robot
    • http://www.musichopper.com
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 03:38:20 PM »
listen people... there isnt one game creator who would NOT want free publicity or accolade for their old games that noone will be buying anyway.   I think you need to take a step back and stop bashing this guys movie plans.  It would take him a few phone calls to what.  30 gaming companies simply requesting the use of video footage of their games for use... next your gonna tell me he has to contact gateway computers to be able to show an amiga system on video!  relax.   none of you should be in any way concerned with his copyright law issue... he will very easily solve that with a few phone calls and mailings.   WHY ARE YOU ALL TAKING HIS IDEA PERSONALLY.. LIKE YOUR THE SOFTWARE MAKER?   talk about issues people.  ****! im willing to give a free viewing of my games and stuff.    what gives?   and who do you think you all are?!

@weirdami

yea, i thought it sounded alittle bit off, and for him knowing what our name was for credits, I would hate for a game company to deal with me for recording the footage of my gameplay, and have him blaim me for the recording. I think if it ever is out in stores, then I will buy a copy and have Doomy sign it.  :lol: [/quote]

Edited by TheMagicM: Dont circumvent the system just to post a curse word..
I used to program games for Amiga computers using AMOS pro and AREXX. amal etc..   I was about to get an article in amiga world mag for one of my games at the age of 13 or 14 when commodore went under.  Since then I put full effort into music.

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004, 04:35:23 PM »
Robot: I think you're right about gaming companies getting free publicity, they'd like it... but if someone is making money off of their games, I'm sure they'd want compensation.

The idea sounds ok, good luck w/the vid!
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline BoingBossTopic starter

• Show only replies by BoingBoss
    • http://home.comcast.net/~doom2fan/
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2004, 05:43:51 PM »
First of all I want to say that all of the copyright law concerns will be taken care of.

Second, you do not have to include your real name if you don't want to.  I just though it would be cool for you guys to see your names in the movie credits that millions of people will see.

The money from the movie will go to NASA to help fund the Mars space program.  I really believe that it is time for us to start our own Star Trek Era, FOR REAL not just a TV show.  If we all would just stop fighting and work together on the space program we could build a real Starship Enterprise or Voyager and begin the exploration of space.  We need to get away from the money system and start sharing this planets resources.  Right now money is what motivates us, this is wrong.  Bettering ourselves should be our main motivation.  Until we get away from money and religion we will never evolve to our next stage of evolution and we will continue to have our silly little wars.

Anyway, think about all of the fun times you guys have had playing video games and of how far we have come.  I myself would love to see a movie of the video game era.  One of my intentions is to show in the movie interviews with all of the great people who made video games possible, programmers, artists, game level designers, musicians.  So, if any of you folks are reading this and want to be interviewed just pmail me.    :-D
My favorite TV shows:  Star Trek Voyager, Forever Knight, Stargate SG1, Married with Children, As Time Goes By, Mr. Bean, Smallville, The Six Million Dollar Man, and Xena

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2004, 06:41:59 PM »
I am making a movie.  Looking for all video game experts.

I hear that a person going by the name of 'DoomMaster' is an expert...perhaps you can contact him? I believe he has designed many Doom maps and is an expert at FPS :-P
I like Amigas

Offline GadgetMaster

• Show only replies by GadgetMaster
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2004, 07:41:50 PM »
he money from the movie will go to NASA to help fund the Mars space program

While you're at it stop along the way and solve worldwide poverty and end all wars.

If you have a few minutes to spare that is. :lol:

Offline FastRobPlus

• Show only replies by FastRobPlus
    • http://bye
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2004, 11:49:39 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------
If we all would just stop fighting and work together on the space program we could build a real Starship Enterprise or Voyager
--------------------------------------------------------

Hey now, don't place the Enterprise and Voyager on the same level.  Voyager was annoying.

I think we use use the proceeds to build a SeaQuest DSV.

Offline BoingBossTopic starter

• Show only replies by BoingBoss
    • http://home.comcast.net/~doom2fan/
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2004, 04:31:42 AM »
My favorite TV shows:  Star Trek Voyager, Forever Knight, Stargate SG1, Married with Children, As Time Goes By, Mr. Bean, Smallville, The Six Million Dollar Man, and Xena

Offline FastRobPlus

• Show only replies by FastRobPlus
    • http://bye
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2004, 07:52:00 AM »
------------------------------------------------------
Most men do not like Voyager because the captain is a woman. But, Star Trek Voyager actually had the best special effects and the finest cast.
------------------------------------------------------

Janeway was cool.  I was impressed with how well she kept her smoking habbit a secret from the crew.

I was also impressed by her uncanny "Trans-Dimensional Beings" sense.

Kim:  I'm reading a disterbance on deck 6.

Janeway: Is it Trans-Dimensional Beings?

Me (thinking): Trans-wha?

Funny thing is, it almost always turned out to be Trans-Dimensional Beings.

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2004, 12:22:24 PM »
Janeway was cool, and I bet the fact that she is a woman is actually more of a PLUS for male Star Trek fans...

But you gotta admit that TNG was the best and that Enterprise is the worst.

Offline rayt

• Show only replies by rayt
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2004, 12:56:10 PM »
But you gotta admit that TNG was the best and that Enterprise is the worst.

True, and DS9 is the 2nd best and voyager the 2nd worst :-D

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2004, 01:01:31 PM »
Argh! Star Trek fans have taken over the asylum!

I never watched much Star Trek after The Next Generation. But my one criterion would be this...

As long as its got Worf... :-)
I like Amigas

Offline kd7ota

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2004, 06:52:13 PM »
My brother sees star trek every now and then, and one of my friends likes it alot, but I think it was only DS9.

So just wondering BoingBoss.....How many tapes have you got mailed to you? And how far along in the project are you? :-D
-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline minator

• Show only replies by minator
    • http://www.blachford.info
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2004, 08:04:36 PM »
So does anyone know if displaying games would get you into trouble?

Yes, he would need permission from the games' copyright holders to use footage of their work, just like as if he was selling a DVD full of clips of movies.

I'm not a copyright lawyer but I'm really not so sure on this, it could fall under fair usage since it's not a copy of the full game itself.  In any case the companies in question are hardly likely to care (unless it makes pots of money) and that's ultimately what really matters.

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show only replies by AmigaHeretic
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2004, 08:21:36 PM »
This is one of the funniest threads I'ev read in a while.

I can't believe anyone would even consider this lame idea of Doomy's.  It's really funny that people started seriously discussing it. (They must not know DoomMaster)

Here are the parts if the thread I found funny:

In classic DoomMaster style he created an account called 'robot' and then praised his own idea.  Something Doomy has done a lot in the past.

I almost wet my pants laughing when he starts off by saying you can send in a video of just about a million different games, but then says he "already" has gotten permision for all these companies. Outragous claims is another Doomy calling card.

And then to top it off "The money from the movie will go to NASA to help fund the Mars space program."  Oh, I had to get get tissue I was crying from laughing so hard.

I suppose his plans to sell "Millions" of copies was pretty rich too.

-Thanks for the good laughs as always Doomy

:lol:  :lol:
A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

Offline kd7ota

« Reply #29 from previous page: August 09, 2004, 08:32:29 PM »
Yea,

The call for selling millions of copies is kinda a bad call as long as the whole 'give your name' to give you credit at the end of the movie..... But to be honest, I think nobody sits down and reads the credits....

And for wasting all that money for founding something that will probably never be possible.....

But I could have sworn my teacher my freshmen year of highschool told me that some smart guy at Nasa was off by a number, and some launch made to mars, it missed it and nearly WASTED millions of dollars for no good reason... But I am not sure if it was announced  to the public, but pretty much it would be the same thing as of now.... Just off by ONE number, and there goes the entire project.... :lol:
-=-=-=-=-=-